Rain, rain and more rain

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Probably best to stay home this evening, eh?

Unless you think Storm Eunice is a scare story put about by Big Meteorology to restrict your freedoms, of course.

Not really meant to hit here until 5am but looks like it’s going to do serious damage. Not expecting everything standing currently nearby to still be there this time tomorrow.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like 11am-1pm is going to be the worst time here.

At the moment, the wind direction means that we are not in the face of it but that could easily change.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Blowy but bright down here in That London (so far).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I’m in Newcastle today, not a breath of wind and been a bright sunny morning. Yet 15 miles away in County Durham they’ve had heavy snow.

Spoke too soon, it’s just started pouring down. No wind though.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Power cut of a few minutes and then flickering on and off for a bit.

Back on now.

Wind really picking up.

Power off and on and off and on.

Very blowy indeed. Nothing too badly destroyed yet but could easily still happen.

Just walked in after taking dog for a 6 mile walk .

Sun out , sun in , it rained , it stopped , wind got strong , wind eased .

Do I stay in and watch a few episodes of the Walking dead or grab my beach fishing gear and wet a line .

Top of tide 6pm ish . Decisions decisions .  

21 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Power off and on and off and on.

Very blowy indeed. Nothing too badly destroyed yet but could easily still happen.

Well, we've now joined our neighbours and had a fence panel go down. One of the old ones so not a surprise.

Looks like all the train lines locally are blocked and, from the traffic updates, I'm guessing a fair few of the roads are too.

6 minutes ago, henage said:

Just walked in after taking dog for a 6 mile walk .

Sun out , sun in , it rained , it stopped , wind got strong , wind eased .

Do I stay in and watch a few episodes of the Walking dead or grab my beach fishing gear and wet a line .

Top of tide 6pm ish . Decisions decisions .  

Wind speeds forecast to be around 75-80mph along the Holderness coast at that time.

On the plus side it's blowing offshore but I still think I'd bin it off, mate.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Very sad to see; I know the church from my time working for the Diocese of Bath & Wells.

Meanwhile, here at Chez WWD, on the edge of the New Forest, the worst I have had is a fence panel blow down; and m,y neighbour has lost two.  The wind is still very strong, but is, I think, abating just a little.

Archived