2016 Cycling Season

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see Chris Froome on top of the podium in Paris again but I really hope his GC rivals give it a real go and pressure him in the Alps. I'm sure he'll deal with it though.

was worse last year, no challenges from anyone. Need tejay or aru to make the podium but it doesn't look likely :fie:

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Afraid I in team "one man, one bike" now. Getting a bit silly being able to kick your team mate off his to further your progress. Should be up to the team car to repair or replace damaged bikes. It is the top teams that can do it because their teammates aint too far away. A lesser team does not have that luxury. It may even things up a tad

rantette over

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Afraid I in team "one man, one bike" now. Getting a bit silly being able to kick your team mate off his to further your progress. Should be up to the team car to repair or replace damaged bikes. It is the top teams that can do it because their teammates aint too far away. A lesser team does not have that luxury. It may even things up a tad

rantette over

But the team ethic is one of the things I like most about cycling

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

• 3 weeks later...

There was a big, horrific crash during the Womens Road Race at the Olympics, where the Dutch leaders fractured Lumber Spinal Vertabre, This is happening more and more. Does anyone on here think this might be due to the radio packs they have to wear, could these not be relocated below the saddle?

Rocket Science

There was a big, horrific crash during the Womens Road Race at the Olympics, where the Dutch leaders fractured Lumber Spinal Vertabre, This is happening more and more. Does anyone on here think this might be due to the radio packs they have to wear, could these not be relocated below the saddle?

Rocket Science

I've not heard any suggestions that it's leading to more spinal injuries but it won't have been a factor in this case. Radio communication isn't permitted in the Olympic road race. I think there are very few events where it is.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Rocket Science

Potentially. Radios are in the jersey partly due to easy access by a mechanic if they have a problem with it. Also there was no race radio during the Olympics Road race. Only world tour races are allowed to use radios as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the end of yesterday's Vuelta as Quintana and Froome raced, slowed down, and then raced for the stage win.

From the coverage I have seen, there does seem to be a bit of old fashioned racing going on

Archived