Rugby League Signings

eltel

Well there seems to be shed loads of signings especially from our rivals namely Bradford Leigh Halifax and Astons job lot. They must have some good bank managers oh I forget Bradford can go bust again for the third time and we shall obviously help them out again.

Times were when Fev was a great side we always had to offload one of our best players every season fortunately some of our offloads to Hull helped us win the challenge cup in 83.

Now Fev had a great side on paper last season and we could have fielded 2 full teams from our first team squad and still had plenty in reserve at the start of the season. Numbers will never make up for both quality and desire to wear the blue and white shirt just what has gone wrong with our greedy elitism look after the teams we want to succeed approach from the RFL who for years now have only the interests of the rich clubs and any idea of fairness went out of the window years ago.

I have said it before many times and I honestly believe that if there is no positive changes to allow lower teams to flourish then we may finish up with a break away of all but the superleague clubs just like the rugby union breakaway. Honestly get a grip Fev you and all the other clubs outweigh the superleague elite and could force change to a fairer system after all superleague need you much more than we need them especially when it comes to the challenge cup they the current elite would have to play for the cup between the whole 12 teams which is what they really deserve but no doubt they would waste more millions on clubs from France Wales and London and the like but maybe teams like Leeds could field 4 teams judging by the vast number of players they loan out every season.

Clubs that have no assets can go bust as many times as they like because the RFL will always let them back in. Fev can't do that because they would lose their ground and land, hence they can only spend what they can afford.

rfl dont want any championship sides to go up,otherwise they would play the so called million pound game at a nutreal venue, not giving super league side home game advantige.

Hmm. Not wanting to get in the way of a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, but home advantage went to whichever team finished 4th in the Middle 8s, not automatically to the SL team. Wakefield finished 4th & Bradford 5th, hence Wakefield were at home.

Hmm. Not wanting to get in the way of a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, but home advantage went to whichever team finished 4th in the Middle 8s, not automatically to the SL team. Wakefield finished 4th & Bradford 5th, hence Wakefield were at home.

And it would have been a better idea to play that game at Widnes as the main event to Fev and London.It would have been an even better atmosphere with a larger crowd.

As I remember it when the split came we were 12th but were left out to accommodate London. Speaking purely from memory but that's how I remember it. Has I have said before let's have one league. Then we have local derby's and decent funds from the RL. Another good move would be to have a subsidiary RL Cup with the lower teams playing their final as a curtain raiser to the Grand Final. Bigger crowd, more income and a chance for a lower team to win a trophy. This uneven battle to get into SL is never going to work. One league: Lancashire clubs play Lancashire clubs plus 4 clubs from Yorkshire of equal standing, and Yorkshire clubs likewise. Top eight play off with a bottom 16 having their own Challenge cup competition. Much better than now.

Archived