Roy Powell Trophy: Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs

Blind side johnny

With the match against the Dogs only a week away what line up can we expect to see?

I'm not aware of the status of injuries/fitness etc but I would be pleased to see the following:

1. Guzdek

2. Grant

3. Sykes

4. Grady

5. Morton

6. Speakman/Glover

7. Reynolds

8. Groat

9. Hemingway

10. Hepworth

11. L Adamson

12. T Adamson

13. Brown

Obviously with it being a friendly there will be more than four subs so that would leave places on the bench for:

Tonks

Farrell

Conroy

Spicer

Johnson

Trout

Jackson

I'm sure there will be other views.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the match against the Dogs only a week away what line up can we expect to see?

I'm not aware of the status of injuries/fitness etc but I would be pleased to see the following:

1. Guzdek

2. Grant

3. Sykes

4. Grady

5. Morton

6. Speakman/Glover

7. Reynolds

8. Groat

9. Hemingway

10. Hepworth

11. L Adamson

12. T Adamson

13. Brown

Obviously with it being a friendly there will be more than four subs so that would leave places on the bench for:

Tonks

Farrell

Conroy

Spicer

Johnson

Trout

Jackson

I'm sure there will be other views.

Brown & Reynolds injured I'd put Luke Adamson at loose forward & Andy Kane at scrum half other than that BSJ that's a good line up.

Injuiries? Get them excuses in early!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Glenn Morrison in yesterdays Press says Scott Hale [shoulder] Karl Pryce [bicep] Sam Bates [jaw] Ben Reynolds [shoulder] Tony Tonks [ankle] Aaron Brown [knee] will miss Batley game due to injury's ....

So many injuries in pre season training,think Glenn might need to go easy on the players in training.

Guzdek

Morton

Crookes

Grady

Grant

Sykes

Kain

Groat

Hemingway

Hepworth

Spicer

L Adamson

Farrell

Glover

Conroy

Speakman

Kenga

T Adamson

Trout

Any know if Johnson is going to play or is it too soon and is Jackson still with us?

Andy think the injuries are from the previous season not training. Does anyone know the squad numbers for us yet?

Squad numbers are on official club web site  

Talking to Glenn at meeting he suggested most players with injuries were due to operations during close season , so need some rehab 

prior to starting playing again . 

N

I see the mods have changed the headings now. I suppose we must have everything looking formal and corporate.

Funnily enough I thought that this was a fans' forum.

:fan:  :ireful:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see the mods have changed the headings now. I suppose we must have everything looking formal and corporate.

What were the headings before Modification ?...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I think it was "how many are batley going to beat us by on boxing day"

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

FFS, give the bullied schoolboys a bit of power and they go crazy

I changed the topic title. It says my name at the bottom of BSJ's post.

I changed match topic titles throughout last season and merged duplicate topics together without anybody having any issues.

It's just to keep all conversations about the same subject within the same thread. Otherwise you can end up with three or four discussions about the same thing, particularly after matches.

Tom

I changed the topic title. It says my name at the bottom of BSJ's post.

I changed match topic titles throughout last season and merged duplicate topics together without anybody having any issues.

It's just to keep all conversations about the same subject within the same thread. Otherwise you can end up with three or four discussions about the same thing, particularly after matches.

Just out of interest, were there multiple threads related to the match?

Did BSJ want it to be?

Eh??

Talking about potential line-ups is a natural starting point for a wider discussion about the match, no?

I changed the name of the topic to something about half an inch removed from its original name in terms of meaning in order to create a natural base for for match discussion. I haven't told people what to talk about.

Or am I wrong?

Should we instead have a thread for line-ups, a thread for predictions, a thread for what the weather's going to be like, a thread for how much it'll cost to get in, a thread for discussion while the match is in progress, a thread to discuss what the burgers were like, a thread for us to talk about the match after it's finished, a thread to discuss how many fans Batley brought and of course a thread to debate whether it's a meaningful indicator of the season ahead or just a meaningless warm-up?

Tom

there is a  toxic undercurrent to this forum at the moment ... lots of angst and frustration evident!!  ... myself included, and I didn't know coolie ...... and  have never been a proof reader, or forum administrator/ moderator!!!   ... So please accept my apologies for my contributions to this undercurrent... Banter is part and parcel of our culture and enjoyed by all, but there are guidelines!!              if ever we needed some on field action its now.. then we can all stop bickering over the  minutiae   and get on with talking Rugby league!!

Lets all have a great Xmas and enjoy the game on Boxing day ....   and I look forward to reading all your entertaining and insightful future posts, and contributing a few of my own!  

P.S. I have just re read this post ... i am not really this pompous ( honest ) I just think its time for Rugby league!!

Eh??

Talking about potential line-ups is a natural starting point for a wider discussion about the match, no?

I changed the name of the topic to something about half an inch removed from its original name in terms of meaning in order to create a natural base for for match discussion. I haven't told people what to talk about.

Or am I wrong?

Should we instead have a thread for line-ups, a thread for predictions, a thread for what the weather's going to be like, a thread for how much it'll cost to get in, a thread for discussion while the match is in progress, a thread to discuss what the burgers were like, a thread for us to talk about the match after it's finished, a thread to discuss how many fans Batley brought and of course a thread to debate whether it's a meaningful indicator of the season ahead or just a meaningless warm-up?

Why not?

I have to agree DD. I prefer multiple topics. Most wobble off and its hard to keep up and if there has been many posts I'm not as intetested to read them all especially if they go off topic like this one is! Let the forum be and stop interfering..... please!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Why not?

I have to agree DD. I prefer multiple topics. Most wobble off and its hard to keep up and if there has been many posts I'm not as intetested to read them all especially if they go off topic like this one is! Let the forum be and stop interfering..... please!

As surprised as I am to see two Batley supporters with such an interest in the habits of a moderator who only has access to edit, move or delete posts on the Dewsbury forum, I'd be happy to take a step back if that's what people would like.

I did merge and move posts ahead of and after match days throughout 2015 without issue and, in my opinion, to the betterment of the forum - it's now much easier to refer back to discussions about previous matches, and find posts in a single place, should anybody wish to.

However, I totally appreciate that there's been a change of mood on here recently following the banning of one poster, and that all moderators and administrators - regardless of their involvement (or lack of) with recent events - are now viewed with suspicion.

Tom

Eh??

Or am I wrong?

The point is Tom it's a fans forum with all that this might entail. Does it really need "tidying up" regularly to ensure that discussions only take place within their allocated threads?

Someone, who's name isn't welcomed on here any more, once compared forums to discussions with your mates in a pub - loads of opinions and banter together with people hurtling miles off topic. What does regulating such a structure add to the enjoyment of fans' participation and, just possibly, might over-zealous organisation create a sterile atmosphere in which fans are reluctant to participate?

Anyhow, as ONO says, lets' look forward to having a bit of RL to discuss.

A Merry Christmas to all, even the moderators  :onthequiet:

The point is Tom it's a fans forum with all that this might entail. Does it really need "tidying up" regularly to ensure that discussions only take place within their allocated threads?

Someone, who's name isn't welcomed on here any more, once compared forums to discussions with your mates in a pub - loads of opinions and banter together with people hurtling miles off topic. What does regulating such a structure add to the enjoyment of fans' participation and, just possibly, might over-zealous organisation create a sterile atmosphere in which fans are reluctant to participate?

Anyhow, as ONO says, lets' look forward to having a bit of RL to discuss.

A Merry Christmas to all, even the moderators  :onthequiet:

Worked well last year and was embraced by pretty much everyone, with no complaints from any users.

However, as already mentioned, I get that the mood has changed now, and shouldn't be surprised when any sort of moderating is met with suspicion.

Happy to leave you to it.  :tongue:

Tom

Archived