Roy Powell Trophy: Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs

Blind side johnny

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked well last year and was embraced by pretty much everyone, with no complaints from any users.

However, as already mentioned, I get that the mood has changed now, and shouldn't be surprised when any sort of moderating is met with suspicion.

Happy to leave you to it. :tongue:

Ignore all this nonsense Tom. God knows what's going on on this forum at the moment but I am very happy with the way you tidy things up and keep us all on track.

Keep up the good work.

People will argue for the sake of arguing. 

No they won't!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Is the playing surface in good nick for the game? The lads train on it weekly, so it might be chewed up.

Well, John Kear is reputed to be adopting a new free-flowing style of play for this season so let's hope it doesn't interfere with that.

Plenty of rain forecast for the next couple of days so we might expect a more "traditional" game - but never like the "good old days" mind.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well, John Kear is reputed to be adopting a new free-flowing style of play for this season so let's hope it doesn't interfere with that.

Plenty of rain forecast for the next couple of days so we might expect a more "traditional" game - but never like the "good old days" mind.

Nah - much better when we played in winter. Mufflers, hip flasks and fiery jack - oh hang on, I used those in July.  :O

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Nah - much better when we played in winter. Mufflers, hip flasks and fiery jack - oh hang on, I used those in July.  :O

Colder certainly Grumpy, but I was thinking more about the style of play, which I recall being a little more robust.

:santaclaus:

Merry Christmas all, I haven't posted for a while so it's good to see you all again. Here's my line up for boxing day anyway:

1 Gudzek

2 Morton

3 Dunn

4 Grady

5 Grant

6 Sykes

7 Kain

8 Johnson

9 Delaney (James)

10 Hepworth

11 Spicer

12 Adamson (Luke)

13 Adamson (Toby)

Bench

Delaney (Brad)

Farrell

Forsyth

Glover

Muranka

Crookes

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Merry Christmas all, I haven't posted for a while so it's good to see you all again. Here's my line up for boxing day anyway:

1 Gudzek

2 Morton

3 Dunn

4 Grady

5 Grant

6 Sykes

7 Kain

8 Johnson

9 Delaney (James)

10 Hepworth

11 Spicer

12 Adamson (Luke)

13 Adamson (Toby)

Bench

Delaney (Brad)

Farrell

Forsyth

Glover

Muranka

Crookes

Is (Wally) Grout not worthy of a place yet Kelsey?

With Paul Sykes and Ryan Hepworth announced as joint club captains I think they will be included in theBoxing Day match and my selection goes like this:

I Guzdek

2 Morton

3 Crookes

4 Grady

5 Grant

6 Sykes

7 Kain

8 Groat

9 Conroy

10 Hepworth

11 Farrell

12 Adamson, Toby

13 Afamson, Luke

With the following to come on (assuming all are fit):

both Delaneys, Speakman, Forsyth, Gliver, Johnson, Trout and Dunn.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Are we permitted another Australian?

Groat, Groat - and I haven't been drinking!

With Paul Sykes and Ryan Hepworth announced as joint club captains I think they will be included in theBoxing Day match and my selection goes like this:

I Guzdek

2 Morton

3 Crookes

4 Grady

5 Grant

6 Sykes

7 Kain

8 Groat

9 Conroy

10 Hepworth

11 Farrell

12 Adamson, Toby

13 Afamson, Luke

With the following to come on (assuming all are fit):

both Delaneys, Speakman, Forsyth, Gliver, Johnson, Trout and Dunn.

Spullchucker wolking well?

Two Groats.

Coincidently identical to the contents of GOR's first pay packet, I understand.

Merry Christmas one and all.

And my dad took a groat and a half of that for lodgings.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Ooer and I thought I'd done well spotting an earlier mistake.

It's a cruel game CF!

:kingxmas:

Back to the game. Hope that we're going see some entertaining ball movement through the team, and not the usual boxing day 5 drives and a kick.

It will be dire as usual. Gets me out from under the feet though.

George Bernard Shaw.

It will be dire as usual. Gets me out from under the feet though.

the weather forecast for Boxing day is band of Rain covering both Lancashire and Yorkshire ....I hope they have got it wrong.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived