Roy Powell Trophy: Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs

Blind side johnny

I don't read too much into this game but it does mean alot to beat the old enemy. What I don't quite get is why dewsbury don't take it so seriously. If I were a rams fan I would'nt bother turning up all it does is upset you because the team is swapped and changed so much. Dewsbury has the benefit of a second team and why morro doesn't play a team against a similar level championship side I don't get? This important money raiser is starting to become a non event esp at £15

Agreed , its just an extended training session , it probably comes a little early. I'm sure the coaches would like it in say Feb but then the fans might not turn up. Anyone think the game should be moved to Jan\Feb if it was played at a higher intensity and more like a league game ?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Boxing Day friendly and I would imagine Glen will be quite happy with yesterday. John Kear has a lot of work to do as I think that was probably very close to the team he will be starting with, apart from a couple. I thought Gusdek looked as though he could be a real find once we get down to the real nitty gritty and Zach Johnson impressed for the amount of game time he had. I disagree with some posts regarding Groat. I didn't see anything other than he was blowing after the first 5 minutes. I think Andy Kain did a full 80 and that has to be a good sign. Crookes had a decent game, another positive. No surprises yesterday, game was as expected. We'll improve and once again be challenging for a top six spot

It's a Boxing Day friendly and I would imagine Glen will be quite happy with yesterday. John Kear has a lot of work to do as I think that was probably very close to the team he will be starting with, apart from a couple. I thought Gusdek looked as though he could be a real find once we get down to the real nitty gritty and Zach Johnson impressed for the amount of game time he had. I disagree with some posts regarding Groat. I didn't see anything other than he was blowing after the first 5 minutes. I think Andy Kain did a full 80 and that has to be a good sign. Crookes had a decent game, another positive. No surprises yesterday, game was as expected. We'll improve and once again be challenging for a top six spot

Praise the lord a sensible comment.

I don't know if glen realises that it does mean something to the fans well it does to me anyway

My point exactly RFD. It does matter and I would have been gutted if we had lost, but second half with all the changes you never got going which was a disappointment and then for Farrell to start the argie-bargie was just daft!

Anyway as victors we are the best team in the HW so :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I don't know if glen realises that it does mean something to the fans well it does to me anyway

He's an Australian, doesn't understand, doesn't care bout games with no purpose( in his eyes,NOT mine).Agree with comment on here bout entrance fees, £15 (£11 for me)is too high, and I feel for Dews fans with interchanges every 5 mins.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Agreed , its just an extended training session , it probably comes a little early. I'm sure the coaches would like it in say Feb but then the fans might not turn up. Anyone think the game should be moved to Jan\Feb if it was played at a higher intensity and more like a league game ?

We play each other three times, probably four, during the season and there wouldn't be a 2000+ gate so, no let's stick with Boxing Day and hope that both coaches take the spectators into account next time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We play each other three times, probably four, during the season and there wouldn't be a 2000+ gate so, no let's stick with Boxing Day and hope that both coaches take the spectators into account next time.

People have commented on here BSJ, that our team was probably 90% of our starting first 17, so with respect BSJ, John Kear did.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Reynolds, Grant, Spicer, Hale, Tonks, Pryce, Brown,...... Hey thats over half a team!!  my guess is that this 7 would make the first 17 when fit ... ... perhaps all is not as bad as it looked through the bottom of my beer glass yesterday!!

It was a generally disappointing performance though, lots of work on speed of play and pressure required ..... I was, however, pleasantly surprised by Trouts work rate especially in defence ... and was that really the same Jason Crookes... safe on the high ball ... good positional play ... quick off the mark!!  

People have commented on here BSJ, that our team was probably 90% of our starting first 17, so with respect BSJ, John Kear did.

Hence my emphasis on both Colin - one did, one didn't.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Reynolds, Grant, Spicer, Hale, Tonks, Pryce, Brown,...... Hey thats over half a team!!  my guess is that this 7 would make the first 17 when fit ... ... perhaps all is not as bad as it looked through the bottom of my beer glass yesterday!!

It was a generally disappointing performance though, lots of work on speed of play and pressure required ..... I was, however, pleasantly surprised by Trouts work rate especially in defence ... and was that really the same Jason Crookes... safe on the high ball ... good positional play ... quick off the mark!!  

......dropped the ball over the line.  ;)

We are in a relegation dog fight apparently. Andy Kain who is a croked and a waste of money at Hunslet was made to look mediocre. All our props are unfit and Sykes is a waste of money. Plus Farrell is a disgrace to the game of rugby league. Ok Batley fans we get it, you beat us. Did I miss anything?

Brambani can now change water into wine as well.

We are in a relegation dog fight apparently. Andy Kain who is a croked and a waste of money at Hunslet was made to look mediocre. All our props are unfit and Sykes is a waste of money. Plus Farrell is a disgrace to the game of rugby league. Ok Batley fans we get it, you beat us. Did I miss anything?

Don't be silly - only one of your props looked unfit!

Oh and I didnt hear any chants or applause from your fearsome south stand or do you wait for the old uns in north stand to spit out their falsies first!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I've read them comments myself but it's always from the same clown's, but tbh every forum's got at least one. Even the match report on the Batley forum is a tad biased.

I've read them comments myself but it's always from the same clown's, but tbh every forum's got at least one. Even the match report on the Batley forum is a tad biased.

Of course it is, it is written by a Batley supporter for Batley supporters. 

l think this is what winning the bragging rights means. This match, as many Batley supporters have said, means nothing except a run out and a chance to shake off Christmas excess. l think Piggy's comments earlier are the most pertinent, why does your coach not match your club's supporters aspirations and take it more seriously, after all they hope and expect those same supporters to fork out £15 for the privilege.

Lets get it right the Dogs won and they deserve the bragging rites and keep it coming.The thing that @ISSES me off  is so called Rams spouting after one friendly even though it was a derby..Call yourselves supporters Piggys Mate is more a Ram than some of you. Batley played a settled side and we experimented Its a friendly thats what happens if your stupid enough to think we will play like that come the sharp end more fool you.If you dont like friendlies stay at home you wont be missed.

And where the hell has this our support is bigger than yours argument come from. The same tools that say that are probably the ones that stayed at home when only 300 watched London beat Batley, DESPITE the club letting people in for £10. But I'm not one to talk about crowds .........

And where the hell has this our support is bigger than yours argument come from. The same tools that say that are probably the ones that stayed at home when only 300 watched London beat Batley, DESPITE the club letting people in for £10. But I'm not one to talk about crowds .........

Wow, go on, get it off your chest, you will feel better for it!

Lets get it right the Dogs won and they deserve the bragging rites and keep it coming.The thing that @ISSES me off is so called Rams spouting after one friendly even though it was a derby..Call yourselves supporters Piggys Mate is more a Ram than some of you. Batley played a settled side and we experimented Its a friendly thats what happens if your stupid enough to think we will play like that come the sharp end more fool you.If you dont like friendlies stay at home you wont be missed.

I think mark sawyer might beg to differ on your last point. £15 is £15 and everyone that doesn't bother coming costs the team money that is always needed at clubs like ours.

Archived