2016 predictions

Now we know the fixtures, I've started having a look at how I think the leagues may pan out. 

Prem Division

Winners: Wigan SP or Siddal

First Division

Winners: Normanton or East Leeds

Promoted: Normanton/East Leeds/Thatto

Second Division

Winners: Hunslet Parkside or Thornhill

Promoted: Hunslet Parkside/Thornhill/Leigh East

Third Division

Winners: Drig

Promoted: Woolston/Crosfields

Not going to go in to who might to relegated - to hard to call in most leagues.  

Thoughts? 

Now we know the fixtures, I've started having a look at how I think the leagues may pan out. 

Prem Division

Winners: Wigan SP or Siddal

I'm not sure what you're basing your predictions on this early as every team will have tweaked their playing squads from last season.

However, if you feel the force there's some money to be had...

http://www.skybet.com/rugby-league/national-conference-premier

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Looking at the league tables there is only 1 automatic promotion spot in both Division 2 & 3, with 1 other promotion spot available via the playoffs.

4 to be relegated from Div 1, so on the basis of there being 48 teams for the 2017 season there will be 12 in the top 2 divisions and 13 in div 2, 11 in div 3.

I wouldn't want to even predict  the top 2 divisions as I'd be basing my predictions on previous seasons... but from local knowledge and games seen last season I think Hunslet CP will again storm through Div 2 and Drig will to avenge their playoff heartbreak from last year by going up automatically in Div 3.   

Archived