DR with Leeds, Hunslet Confirmed

elppaxr2i

I hate the system with a passion. Only in existence cos the game's on its ar se and we can't afford an A team comp

I really wished we weren't doing DR BUT I can see why we are

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

haven't leeds gone into this reserve setup with wigan and saints etc

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

haven't leeds gone into this reserve setup with wigan and saints etc

No, Leeds were against the idea of reserves returning. Be interesting now to see what we do re reserves if we can DR our players to Hunslet.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

DR IS THE DEATH OF FEV

What on earth are the championship clubs playing at the only fair system is having your own squad not this farcical dreamed up Super league DR system which has been adopted for one purpose only i.e. let Super league pinch all the young talent then allow them to play for another club in the championship where most of them come from and just in case any of them make the grade they take them back at virtually no cost to themselves alternatively those that do not make the grade are then dumped back into the championship.

Ever since the introduction of Super league those at the top are trying to follow the likes of football namely the big rich clubs will always receive preferential treatment.

We once had a fantastic workingman's game which has changed drastically stop ruining our once great game we are not reluctant to change but alas too much is too much eg

Once we had no tackle count then 4 then 6 make your minds up.

The video referee a brilliant idea yet so overused it is laughable.

We now have so many subs trotting on/off and then there is the water boys who spend more time on the pitch than the players dishing out instructions.

Injuries - no surprise we seem to be getting 26 monsters on the pitch not counting subs blood bins etc who play in short spells these gorillas are called impact players impact my ar_e how on earth do they get so enormous? and don't tell me it is todays training methods.

Finally why are the players being allowed to follow the example of football with arguing and swearing at the officials who I agree could sometimes make the pope swear.

Just what has happened to strong refereeing any backchat or swearing it was an instant 10 yards now metres and if they wanted to argue it was early bath time OH roll back the good old days and before it is too late by adopting a strong no nonsense refereeing stance it just may help stop the small number of loud mouth morons we have at Fev and other clubs shouting rip his head off or kill the barstewards.

What peoples opinions on the hunslet side of things?

Surely that is a benefit to us - to see some of our academy players playing at a decent level week in week out rather than in the reserve league, which is, and was last season a complete joke

Time will tell..... I'm not so sure it's as bad as people make out.......I think it'll be good that our reserves get more competitive games at hunslet..... I guess the answer is if we make the middle 8s next year and get increased funding would we go dr again or build a bigger squad for 2017?

Let's be realistic regardless of DR clubs the size of Fev only hang onto top players a short time anyway..... There's a lot of top talent in super league from featherstone who've never played for us.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Let's face it we are going to DR with the Super League Champions, not some mid table team like Wakey. Ideally it would be best if we didn't have to, but as we finished out of the top 4 last season and hence got a lot less funding, we will have to use anything we can to hopefully push for top 4 next year. Some quality fringe players at Leeds as well.

Another big merry-go-round. Leeds scoop up all the aspiring players and then have to offer them to us in order that they, (Leeds), can provide them with match time. What a farce. What will be the position of our squad members who will be overlooked, game time at the Lions or Sharlo?. Don't fancy watching a  bevy of Leeds reserves at P.O. Road.

The only thing that will come out of this is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Club are let down by Leeds at some point during the season - see every other club involved in DR over the past few years............

So much for the not considering DR and giving the youngsters a chance spoutings from the Club a mere month or so ago.

Another big merry-go-round. Leeds scoop up all the aspiring players and then have to offer them to us in order that they, (Leeds), can provide them with match time. What a farce. What will be the position of our squad members who will be overlooked, game time at the Lions or Sharlo?. Don't fancy watching a  bevy of Leeds reserves at P.O. Road.

Its a massive ###### take, dont get me started on SL teams just sweeping up all youngsters who have ever held a ball and they think there is a one in a million chance of them making it. Its one thing that is fundamentally wrong with the game. Ive no idea what the RFL do about it because you cant blame young lads for wanting to play for Leeds and Huddersfield before Fev or Fax.

Total unrest in the camp just like the last two seasons thanks Mr chairman especially for you monetary support and hard work but a new broom is desperately needed if Fev are to move forward. I can see a players revolt with some wanting away especially the upcoming youngsters and others who Will be dropped to make way for the Leeds second team nothing but a long term catasrophe in the making but I do hope I'm not right again like when I said both Bastian and Hay would be discarded pronto.

On balance I think it is the right move. We cannot afford any more quality players and the Leeds lads will only get in if they are better than the lads they replace. Our reserves will get better match time at Hunslet and will improve. It is the modern trend and the past is gone. People talk about home grown stars but in the past they are applauding we had to sell those home grown players to survive. Most of them went on to be big stars at other clubs. But with our small gates and poor cash flow we couldn't affords to keep them This scheme is a solution. If we get players of Baldwinson's ability then great if the players are inferior to what we have they don't get in. To my mind it is an incentive for the already registered players to play better. If they take their bats home they are admitting they are inferior to the dual registered players. This is the best way forward for the club. Better game time for the reserves and gap filling for the places we still need to cover. Roll on the season. I feel better about it now.

jamescolin, on 30 Dec 2015 - 5:28 PM, said:

On balance I think it is the right move. We cannot afford any more quality players and the Leeds lads will only get in if they are better than the lads they replace. Our reserves will get better match time at Hunslet and will improve. It is the modern trend and the past is gone. People talk about home grown stars but in the past they are applauding we had to sell those home grown players to survive. Most of them went on to be big stars at other clubs. But with our small gates and poor cash flow we couldn't affords to keep them This scheme is a solution. If we get players of Baldwinson's ability then great if the players are inferior to what we have they don't get in. To my mind it is an incentive for the already registered players to play better. If they take their bats home they are admitting they are inferior to the dual registered players. This is the best way forward for the club. Better game time for the reserves and gap filling for the places we still need to cover. Roll on the season. I feel better about it now.

Hope you're right. Going to be a roller coaster season again.

In all seriousness as a neutral it is sad to see how over the past couple of seasons Fev have become Leeds play thing.

In all seriousness once one particular Championship team had set the precedent by going down the DR route with Leeds it became inevitable that others would follow. It doesn't half make me laugh how followers of certain clubs (including some from ours!) become holier-than-thou about Dual Reg when they are going through a good spell, but conveniently forget they went down the exact same route themselves a year or two earlier in less happy times...

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/5715.php#.VoQhflKr7Xk

i agree , i am all for it

Archived