NEW DR ARRANGEMENT

SOUTHOFTHERIVER

Just worked out that the club had £1300 out of me last season. Graham King membership, sponsored walk money. buying and selling raffle tickets , merchandise and money spent over the bar. They will be lucky to get 200 quid out of me next season. season ticket only and will be drinking in the Garden Gate. Well done board of directors another massive own goal. Under this regime we will be over and done with in another 2 years.

DR is the scourge of the game.  So disappointing to see all the negativity coming out of SLS these days (always had a soft spot for Hunslet) but there seems to very little to get enthusiastic about these days if you're a Hawks fan - the onset of DR, bad shirts and a seemingly uncommitted head coach.  Nevertheless, good luck in your division next season.

When you are no longer dining at the top table, you still have to eat.

Let's see how it pans out before we throw in the towel. Who knows, we might get to see some of our own players shine....

Some people are mistaken that DR has finished with Leeds & we have moved to Fev.

We are still DR with Leeds, it's just the top 25 players we won't get access to. Hetherington stated any youth players he feels ready will play as he controls the puppet Eaton.

Then we also have the DR with Fev reserves, not bad eh, to get players from a team struggling to beat us last season.

I remember last season DR for Hemel from championship to Champ 1 contributed to them having their worst ever season!!

Are we hoping DR will give us the potential for mid table mediocrity?

I'm afraid Hunslet in there present format will be just making the numbers up in championship 1 and the fans are not being listened to regarding the coach or the 3 way dual reg fiasco.

chappy

So what are we going to moan about this  season if Leeds are no longer our reserve side?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

My thoughts are that, if we need to use Feartherstone reserves or Leeds academy players, then they are deemed to be better than what we have. If this is the case then we have the wrong players signed for Hunslet.

Is a 18 or 19 year old from Leeds really better than what we have already? Surely not.

We have half a dozen ex Leeds players who are now in their mid twenties with more bulk and more experience.

My suggestion is to knock on the door when our own players are injured and we need bodies. If this calibre of DR come in before current Hunslet players then sorry, this team and club is doomed. I may as well watch Oulton Raiders.

18th January at the SLS open to everyone your chance to confront the board and air your view's no excuses if you don't go.

chappy

We have had duel reg with hull kr for past 2 seasons, this season we are not doing duel reg, which I am so pleased about.

Yeah you have got Millionaire bankrolling your team that's why if you were only 75k funding don't think that would be case otherwise and you must be still linked because you had a dual training session with them other night

Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

And by the way I can't say I'm happy with Fev sooner have scrapped it just seems a giant waste of time now hopefully don't use any of their players don't need them could understand it with Leeds but not Fev

Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

• 3 weeks later...

The whole Dual Reg situation is a complete shambles and only causes contempt from first team players that are missing games , I'm really pleased my club is staying away from it again this season.

Tap into the wealth of local talent , there's tons of it out there.

Looking forward to our friendly match soon !

Archived