Sheffield (H)

Blind side johnny

I see from the web site that only the North Stand will be open for this game so we are clearly expecting a low attendance. How many will this stand hold?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cut from Wiki,

The stadium has two covered stands, one seated and one standing with an approximate capacity of 5,100 including 900 seats and disabled facilities. 

​Of course Wiki has been wrong in the past !!

There are at least three good jokes in the above, but with the PC brigade going nuts and life bans available for "low level racism" I will have to pass :angel:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

There are at least three good jokes in the above, but with the PC brigade going nuts and life bans available for "low level racism" I will have to pass :angel:  

at last, someone who can pass

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I see from the web site that only the North Stand will be open for this game so we are clearly expecting a low attendance. How many will this stand hold?

update from the Rams Homepage....

The stadium has two covered stands, one seated and one standing with an approximate capacity of 3,700 including 1200 seats. As part of the Rams' Community Development Programme, the stadium also hosts matches for a number of other organisations. Ranging from local schools matches, representative amateur and student rugby league games and fun days. The ground was named ‘Ram Stadium' in 1998, however renamed in 2005 to ‘The Tetley's Stadium'. There are plans to develop the complex over the next few years as the club aims to develop the range of facilities it has available both on a match day and for community use.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

at last, someone who can pass

In the same vein, it would seem the spate of dropped passes and knock ons that occurred in our game against the dogs was due to an epidemic going round the dressing room - but don't worry it's not catching. 

Wonder how Coolie is.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think it's around 1200

Thanks Dan - a helpful comment.

I think some people need a breath of fresh air.    ;)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So we know what the entry prices are to be this Sunday?

Wouldn't mind a look at the Sheffield team myself. Will there be any announcement regarding team line-ups? As you might be able to prize £10 out of my wallet if the squads look reasonable!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Wouldn't mind a look at the Sheffield team myself. Will there be any announcement regarding team line-ups? As you might be able to prize £10 out of my wallet if the squads look reasonable!

I don't see why you couldn't come if the dogs aren't playing PM, I normally go watch Batley play if we aren't playing and you're a home.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

£11Adults and £8 Concessions, U16 with season tickets can get in for nothing.

Cheers AR.

The xtra £1 should make for fun at the turnstiles (if that many turn up!).  It was bad enough on Boxing days when we passing messages up and down the line to see who had fivers...

Really thought theyd delay kick off for 15mins. Anyway 4-0 till us on boxing day derbies keep em coming

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Really thought theyd delay kick off for 15mins. Anyway 4-0 till us on boxing day derbies keep em coming

you can keep your boxing day wins as long as we keep beating you in the league that's what matters,league points. Might be different this year though with you new international halfbacks!!

Its a shame your cup final arrives before the season starts.lol

You can almost smell the envy :spruceup:

I have an old swimming trophy I won when I was 7 I can loan if you'd like something to look at in your empty trophy cabinet, of course you'd have to find somewhere new to store the tea & coffee!

Its a shame your cup final arrives before the season starts.lol

Lol. How old are you 14?! Next you'll claim to be a cheerleader

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You can almost smell the envy :spruceup:

I have an old swimming trophy I won when I was 7 I can loan if you'd like something to look at in your empty trophy cabinet, of course you'd have to find somewhere new to store the tea & coffee!

When are you going to parade it then around town on the open top bus? That'll be a shock to locals because most of them don't know you exist.

When are you going to parade it then around town on the open top bus? That'll be a shock to locals because most of them don't know you exist.

Just waiting for it to stop raining Graham and then me and my swimming trophy will be on the 281,

And I am very well known in Batley thank you, just ask anyone who knows me!

Archived