Government Alcohol Intake Guidelines

Confined to barracks but quite fancy going out for a few pints.

Got a load of booze in the house but its not the same.

Pot of tea it is, then.

:(

You're very much like me then; I really can't take to drinking in the house and rarely ever bother. If pubs ceased to exist I'd probably end up tea-total. 

I'm cutting out the middle man and spending the rest of the afternoon in a local brewery.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Raze the age limit 4 entree 2 a pub 2 60. Problem solved and a healthier populashun.

Bogbrush rules OK!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I have just got in from caithness. Fish n chips shifted. Large director's edition of Dalwhinnie.... then ill have another....

I am on this earth but once....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I'm cutting out the middle man and spending the rest of the afternoon in a local brewery.

Brewery tours are wonderful. We have 3 micro-breweries fairly close to us. All charge around £20 for an afternoons unlimited drinking and eating.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Brewery tours are wonderful. We have 3 micro-breweries fairly close to us. All charge around £20 for an afternoons unlimited drinking and eating.

Sounds a good deal there Griff

Some charge £8 - £10 just for a tour with a few peanuts and 2 halves afterwards.......oh well that's 2 points of the weeks allowance anyway.

They are indeed. The one we go to charges a tenner. They don't provide food but you can drink as much beer as you like. We had a great day but I don't think my mrs appreciated my 'short cut' to the brewery idea. The banks of the River Hull can be a bit squelchy at this time of year.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

They are indeed. The one we go to charges a tenner. They don't provide food but you can drink as much beer as you like. We had a great day but I don't think my mrs appreciated my 'short cut' to the brewery idea. The banks of the River Hull can be a bit squelchy at this time of year.

Atom ?

Newspaper makes up and then claim scientists got it all wrong shocker.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Newspaper makes ###### up and then claim scientists got it all wrong shocker.

It's the Mail quoting the Express.  There's no way they're sensationalising and taking results and quotes out of context.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There is a lot of evidence that work kills people, when the government tells me avoid work I'll start believing their other propaganda.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

There is a lot of evidence that work kills people, when the government tells me avoid work I'll start believing their other propaganda.

And they're expecting the youngsters to work even longer. Presumably on the basis that they'll either die in the process or not live as long once they've retired.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Allgates is £12 for all you can drink with sandwiches thrown in.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived