Derek Beaumont

haskey

I  notice in Total RL that Beaumont reckons Leigh will go through the season unbeaten. I am sure that there are quite a few clubs who will take exception to his arrogant , self centred attitude and  hopefully shut his mouth up, by giving them a beating. He also says that 6 tries for an individual is beatable without naming names he is looking to one of his so called stars to do the deed. The sheer front of him and Leigh beggars belief.

Any thoughts ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see any problem with what he says to be honest

If (and its a big if) he can get all the superstars playing and fit it will take one hell of a team or team effort to defeat them - i cant see any team at this moment in time beating them - Who realistically can beat them? Bradford? Theyre probably the only realistic team but their recruitment has been abysmal in the off season for me

So no I wouldnt be at all shocked to see an unbeaten Leigh season - up to the middle 8s anyway

It's just his style isn't it? I don't see any upside to coming out with stuff like that before the season starts but each to his own. Would be quite amusing if they slipped up in their first game though, and looking their opening game, a cold wet day at Mount Pleasant in early February might not be the easiest introduction to Championship rugby for some of ther flashy new recruits.

I don't pay him much gorm to be honest.

Like xr2i suggests, his club is likely to go undefeated.... It really would take a massive effort to do em.

However, after such blustering, IF his club go ar se upperds in the middle 8 again, he shouldn't be surprised that fans of other clubs will howl in derision... those are the rules

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I  notice in Total RL that Beaumont reckons Leigh will go through the season unbeaten. I am sure that there are quite a few clubs who will take exception to his arrogant , self centred attitude and  hopefully shut his mouth up, by giving them a beating. He also says that 6 tries for an individual is beatable without naming names he is looking to one of his so called stars to do the deed. The sheer front of him and Leigh beggars belief.

Any thoughts ?

How did they do last season in the regular season? Have they invested in and improved their squad? Have other teams improved enough to challenge them?

As Robin says, this kind of comment can be counter productive, but he is clearly a man who has expectations, and one who puts his money where his mouth is!

TBH I couldn't care less whether Leigh go unbeaten all I want is our lads to give it their all and have a right good dig and we will see where we end up.

I am happy where we are right now and i want us to get back to POR been a fortress where no club wants to come no matter how good they are and let Mr Beaumont rant away to his hearts content.

I can't see anyone beating Leigh to be honest and if I was their chairman I'd expect to win all my matches in the championship with the players at the club but as we all know things can go wrong in a season so we will wait and see

Rangis in for some treatment. Just hope he takes it

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I can't see anyone beating Leigh to be honest and if I was their chairman I'd expect to win all my matches in the championship with the players at the club but as we all know things can go wrong in a season so we will wait and see

Their last 4 matches are Bradford, Halifax, Sheffield & Dewsbury. They'll probably have top spot wrapped up well before the end, after that it will be difficult to keep up the motivation and not have one eye on the middle 8's. As Fev showed at Bradford last year, and then at home against Whitehaven with a totally different display, Rugby League is a tough game, and no matter how good you are if you not up for it on the day you'll get rolled over. I think they'll lose one or two before the end, but still finish top.

I think they will walk the league, Bradford do not look anywhere near them and should be their closest rivals. I think they may lose a couple on their way to winning the league. Obviously I fancy Fax to beat them at home and think theres a good chance it will be two unbeaten teams when they meet on the 13th March.

I just take no notice, can remember when the Leigh and Fax fans thought we were arrogant, what goes around comes around, Derek will get over it when his bubble bursts

Im Fev and im proud

Takes some doing going a full season unbeaten in any league at any sport, id put money on they wont do it, For me they have signed the wrong type of player similar to some we had last year playing for dollars rather than the shirt / dollars. Talking to my new best mate Sam Barlow at our training sesh Thurs he told me he likes Jon Sharp as was his 1st coach and would love to come back to fev but he is on a 4 year full time deal at leigh which kind of proves my point.

Takes some doing going a full season unbeaten in any league at any sport, id put money on they wont do it, For me they have signed the wrong type of player similar to some we had last year playing for dollars rather than the shirt / dollars. Talking to my new best mate Sam Barlow at our training sesh Thurs he told me he likes Jon Sharp as was his 1st coach and would love to come back to fev but he is on a 4 year full time deal at leigh which kind of proves my point.

He would love to go anywhere apart from Leigh. :tongue:  Then again Leigh telling people Sam cant travel because of his bad back hence why he missed their team photo so somebody is telling porkies............

Considering in the last 2 years we've only lost 1 game each season & have really strengthened this year it's not so daft as to say we'll go undefeated. However, you could have the best team in the world and they'll still have an off day at some point while everyone else will always up their game against the best, so not sure we'll do it. As to Derek's prediction we'll win automatic promotion, well I do think everything about Leigh is Super League standard if we're better than any of the bottom SL teams on the pitch in 7 months time who can say? I can't wait to find out though. Why he's saying it, well I think Derek quite likes being the pantomime villain amongst rival fans & the season's starting soon and he wants to get people talking about Leigh, seems to have worked.

As Lowton Sparrow says he has got people talking about Leigh. Two people at our own club typified arrogance as well and had people talking about Fev not long ago.It was cringeworthy to be associated with the bull at the time as it will be to most Leigh supporters.If they win all their games then to me they deserve super league. Just as long as everything is above board for once it won't matter to me who goes up and who comes down I will continue to support Fev.

The question Phil is everything above board??, and for that Sparrow to say they will win automatic promotion he is talking out of his ars====. You just need to look at the middle 8s and see what happened last year . The bottom 4 are still likely to be better than Leigh ? despite what Beaumont says as even his cocky coach admits that most teams have increased their playing strengths and are not as likely to roll over as in 2015.

The system needs a team to go up this season and we are in a great position to give it a real go, as we all know injuries will pay a huge role in the final standings but Derek has given us the squad to do it. We look very handy in the pack and have introduced Chase and Tonga into the backs. We have culled the large squad we entered last season with introducing two reserves to the squad and loaning out the more promising kids to get first team experience whilst operating FT with us. I fancy us to be better than at least 2 SL clubs should we enter the 8's healthy this year - win all league games, No. We know what happened last year and have reacted.

Archived