Atmosphere at home games

Kelsey The Ram

Hi guys, I'm not wanting to drags this on too much I just thought I'd an idea to see what people thought. I'm one of the few that tags along to games with the barmy army, I plan on improving atmosphere at home games (in the south stand in particular) and plan on stand at the back for short periods of the game to get a few chants set off. What do people think? I hope it's a well supported idea as I may aswell not bother if people don't think it's a good idea lol

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

What you need KTR is a drum...

A big drum..

IN FACT A VERY BIG DRUM :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I think Mr Fisher would also like to bring his trumpet! :download:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A big drum..

Spot on - me and BSJ love drums, and it doesn't sound all that loud in the posh seats TBH.  :angel:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Never one to miss an opportunity..... San Miguel in the south stand bar .. would improve the atmosphere for me !!  Carlsberg imo is 'probably'  just one step up from Water!!  ...

Yes we do tend to moan a bit ... around where I stand anyway, but never doubt our desire to win or our passion for the team .. its just that we think we know more than the coach ... and we do know we know more than the ref .. god help the lino!!  ... but always in good spirits!!!

Never one to miss an opportunity..... San Miguel in the south stand bar .. would improve the atmosphere for me !!  Carlsberg imo is 'probably'  just one step up from Water!!  ...

Yes we do tend to moan a bit ... around where I stand anyway, but never doubt our desire to win or our passion for the team .. its just that we think we know more than the coach ... and we do know we know more than the ref .. god help the lino!!  ... but always in good spirits!!!

If they put san miguel in the cheap side bar, it would take away one of the benefits of forking out the extra for a posh ticket, and we couldn't have that could we ?  :tongue: Course it would still be worth it for the extra peace and quiet.. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

A big drum..

It depends if drums are still banned or not. I'm planning to stand at the back (just me or a couple of us I don't know yet). Hopefully by about June/July time we will have a south stand that isn't afraid to start one themselves from the back and not to rely on me to do it for them. I only plan on standing at the back to get some atmosphere started for short periods of the game.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Being  a Batley fan, I have to say i agree you need more atmosphere, whenever we play at your place we tend to make a lot of noise and the Dewsbury singing seems really quiet and pitiful in comparison.

Away fans tend to stand together though, we have a similar problem at Batley, great atmosphere when we go away but at home games the atmosphere isnt the same as people tend to have their own preferred area to watch the game and are more spread out.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Being  a Batley fan, I have to say i agree you need more atmosphere, whenever we play at your place we tend to make a lot of noise and the Dewsbury singing seems really quiet and pitiful in comparison.

Away fans tend to stand together though, we have a similar problem at Batley, great atmosphere when we go away but at home games the atmosphere isnt the same as people tend to have their own preferred area to watch the game and are more spread out.

Agree BTJ when we're away the atmosphere is really good,away theirs more atmosphere at a funeral. We could always try and get GOR to leave the posh seats and into south stand to get the chanting going.

Yeah away support a lot better, noisy away from home. Saints away??? Read the fans comments about the rams fans ??? We can make noise, but tends to be away. Like sitting in a library at home at times, unless the ref has a stinker

Its always the case.Away fans always make the most noise.Apart from the dogs.

Agree BTJ when we're away the atmosphere is really good,away theirs more atmosphere at a funeral. We could always try and get GOR to leave the posh seats and into south stand to get the chanting going.

Yes but I'd be missing out on my san miguel - and I'd be flogging a dead horse. Now if we had a drum .....  ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Although I still remember the whole Southstand singing v London at home last season!! That was best I've ever heard it at home

I remember that game,wasn't it the one when fieldhouse got sent off ridiculously? Massive sense of injustice combined with a brilliant preformance, spurred everyone into action

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

• 3 weeks later...

I fail to see how someone standing at the back, rather than the front, and singing (I presume) will create any improvement in atmosphere if the rest of us who prefer to mutter in tune fail to join in.

A problem that I do have with certain sets of fans (not our own, of course) is their belief that in making a lot of noise they somehow contribute to a heightened state of excitement for the rest of us. I get excited, if only mildly at times, by the actions on the pitch, not those in the stand.

(Aren't San Miguel and Carlsberg concocted in the same factory, by the way?)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

But I do believe that crowd reaction does lift the players BSJ. But also I'd like to point out the atmosphere at Dewsbury is always top notch when Fev come. From both sets of speccies

I agree Phil but find a difference between crowd reaction and the singing of unimaginative ditties. I am, of course, unashamedly old school.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I agree Phil but find a difference between crowd reaction and the singing of unimaginative ditties. I am, of course, unashamedly old school.

Yeah the one that does my nut in at Fev is when they are singing the anti Cas song. As if there are any Cas fans in ear shot.But anyhow I'm old enough to realise now that if something makes someone happy who am I to interfere.

Hi guys, I'm not wanting to drags this on too much I just thought I'd an idea to see what people thought. I'm one of the few that tags along to games with the barmy army, I plan on improving atmosphere at home games (in the south stand in particular) and plan on stand at the back for short periods of the game to get a few chants set off. What do people think? I hope it's a well supported idea as I may aswell not bother if people don't think it's a good idea lol

How did you get on with starting the chants on Sunday, young Kelsey?

Or were your attempts silenced by the withering looks of disapproval from Uncle Blind side?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

I fail to see how someone standing at the back, rather than the front, and singing (I presume) will create any improvement in atmosphere if the rest of us who prefer to mutter in tune fail to join in.

A problem that I do have with certain sets of fans (not our own, of course) is their belief that in making a lot of noise they somehow contribute to a heightened state of excitement for the rest of us. I get excited, if only mildly at times, by the actions on the pitch, not those in the stand.

(Aren't San Miguel and Carlsberg concocted in the same factory, by the way?)

Glad you're back with us from wherever it is you've been, BSJ.

I look forward to a more intellectual level of debate on this forum.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

You should invest in a posh ticket BSJ - you can't hear any chants over in the north stand - well except when the dogs are in, and they're just noisy buggars.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived