Erasure star Andy Bell to attend Hull KR's opener v Castleford.

Unbeaten in last 7 league games

But lost four in a row before those, conceding 137 points.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though half our fans are kids,students,housewives,disabled or retired we have sold more season passes for a third year running with more than a week to go to the beginning of playing rugby.

How many were scrambling around looking for their receipts after last Sunday?

as compared to what ?

let me see if i can remember 'ulls  list of achievements from last year....

scraped into play offs, won 1 lost 6 and??????

we had a bad day at wembley.....but im sure you know how that feels.

Still enjoyed the whole cup run...all the ups and downs.

The middle 8s was a debacle....but we beat every team in it, cant ask for more than that.

Now we sell more season tickets for 3rd successive year, 

must be doing something right.

Not on the pitch though.

rldfsignature.jpg

Thick or what? Hull did sweet FA last season and depressed many of their fans.

Rovers gave us a rollercoaster ride that was at times very exciting. That was on the pitch.

Most of the Hull posts on here are based on taking the ###### due to a lack of any meat to work with.

Old Fateful works his material well based last year on a recognition that the Pub Landlord and Pearson....enough said...have little to offer. The rest are not worth half as much put together..but they are trying.

But lost four in a row before those, conceding 137 points.

Exactly, Rovers always entertain. Lest you forget Wigan stuffed us in a League game and then exited in the Cup game. Know which game we wanted to win and that on the day we can beat anyone.

I appreciate what you're saying Steve but I'm not sure if my definition of being entertained coupled with being a fan of a club is quite the same as yours.

If my team get mullered by another, it hurts very much and that reaction can't come as a result of me personally being entertained. It's similar to when my team, and before you say anything it doesn't happen very often, put a big score up against another team. Although it was satisfying last week because for a while it looked like Rovers were going to make a fist of it, it has to be said the four tries in a 9 minute spell (IIRC) were scored as much by Rovers poor defence as by Hull's newfound attacking prowess, although exactly which contributed the most is probably difficult to pinpoint. So although I was greatly entertained to an extent by my team last week, it was watered down ever so slightly by Rovers' inability to defend. (Once I'd stopped laughing I realised this.)

I've often wondered what it must be like to support St Helens. Clearly they've had more success in the SL era than the two Hull clubs combined but I'm not sure that I'd necessarily be too keen to support them. This isn't intended to be a slight on them as they're one of the teams that consistently put a big score on my team but also they're one of the teams that I nearly always think my team might just be in with a shout of beating before a game starts. And that clearly can't be down to their squad's ability as they can beat anybody on their day (Where have I heard that spouted often?), so it must be down to attitude and perhaps mental toughness. Also, when it comes to losing a game, without the slightest worry about repercussions, the week before a cup final due to fielding a weakened team, ask any RL fan which club would be happy to do this and Saints would certainly not be a pointless answer. (This perhaps occurring not quite so often as it used to, btw.)

I suppose it comes down to what your own personal definition of entertainment is.

I recall a couple of games at Odsal between Bradford and Hull around 1979/1980, one was a Yorkshire Cup SF and the other was a third round RL cup game, if memory serves. The first ended 0-3 and the other 2-3 I think, somebody may help me out here, but the point is there were no tries scored. Those two games are right up there with the most enjoyable matches I've ever attended so I guess it should follow that they're up there with the ones that entertained me the most. The defences in those two game were relentless and I felt privileged to have been at both.

I'd much rather attend a game like that than a free scoring affair where whichever team comes up with the least of many basic defensive lapses wins the day. 

A well reasoned and entertaining response as one expects from Hulls Premier Forumite. Hope the kids take note.

As a fan happy to be in Super League....its cold outside...I am used to the ups and downs and the occasional big defeat but go to every game expecting the best. When the shellacking does come I support my team and know there will be good times.Every year we get a holiday in Perpignan and possibly Magic Weekend and even a Cup run last year to pump up the enthusiasm.

For a man able to find lots of funnies in the game you seem to attract some very myopic mini mes.

However yet again a Rovers post promoting the off field pre match entertainment seems to have had an extended shelf life,job done.

You keep telling yourself all's well Stevie and what super loyal supporters you all are. You may well have sold more season passes than Hull but let's see who has the higher average attendance come season's end, which for Rovers will be about April. Then again, Sheffield and Fev won't bring too many to Caravan Park.

rldfsignature.jpg

You may well have sold more season passes than Hull 

I'm not sure that Steve meant that, he may have meant "more" as in Rovers sold more passes this season than last.

But then again, I could be wrong, I should know really seeing as I am obviously Steve in disguise.  B)

I'm not sure that Steve meant that, he may have meant "more" as in Rovers sold more passes this season than last.

But then again, I could be wrong, I should know really seeing as I am obviously Steve in disguise. B)

I'm beginning to wonder!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

as compared to what ?

let me see if i can remember 'ulls  list of achievements from last year....

scraped into play offs, won 1 lost 6 and??????

we had a bad day at wembley.....but im sure you know how that feels.

Still enjoyed the whole cup run...all the ups and downs.

The middle 8s was a debacle....but we beat every team in it, cant ask for more than that.

Now we sell more season tickets for 3rd successive year, 

must be doing something right.

Nonsense

We didn't make the play offs.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

So although I was greatly entertained to an extent by my team last week, it was watered down ever so slightly by Rovers' inability to defend. (Once I'd stopped laughing I realised this.)

It took you until Tuesday to realise?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

But then again, I could be wrong, I should know really seeing as I am obviously Steve in disguise.  B)

How many season passes have Hull sold? Surely more than Rovers.

If not the end is nigh for Pearson and Rovers better get ready to stadium share with Hull.

And make my day and confirm that Pritchard has been signed on Marquee terms.

My first post on here. So an extra voice for the Kr supporters.

Rovers have sold just over 5000 passes this year. Less than Fc by 1000 i'd imagine. Not bad going, and probably the 6th or 7th highest pass figures of super league. Not bad going for a 'little' team from the east.

My first post on here. So an extra voice for the Kr supporters.

Rovers have sold just over 5000 passes this year. Less than Fc by 1000 i'd imagine. Not bad going, and probably the 6th or 7th highest pass figures of super league. Not bad going for a 'little' team from the east.

Keep playing on the 'little' team bit to cover up your inadequacies on the pitch and all will be well in fairyland.

rldfsignature.jpg

How do you know my opinion with on-field performances? As I certainly haven't commented about that. Just season passes.

Think if you ask any Rovers fan at the moment, it is a worry and things have to change for the better. Be it the players pulling their finger out or inevitable P45's for certain people.

Considering what's been going on, it's still pretty impressive that we have a rise in season passes.

Welcome aboard Red robin, always good to have new members joining the forum, even if they are from the wrong side of the river.  :rolleyes:

If Rovers have increased their pass sales from last year then they must have a marketing department capable of selling sand to the Arabs.  :blink:

On a serious ish note, it's nice to see you've already locked horns with DP and come out relatively unscathed. Most of the posters on here are a good lot and not too many take themselves too serious when it comes to winding others up so as long as you remember that then I'm sure you'll go just fine.

Having said that there's often the odd bit of vitriolic stuff flying between the East and West Hull fraternities from certain quarters but they usually disappear if ignored enough.

Looking forward to this season with the usual trepidation being a black and white but I think we may at last be able to enjoy games with perhaps a tad more success than of late. As for Rovers, well not many seem to be expecting too much from them but as usual there'll probably be a few teams wandering down Preston Rerd way this year and coming back disappointed.

Oh, by the way, if you think I'm going to wish you good luck for the season, you can sod off. 

I appreciate what you're saying Steve but I'm not sure if my definition of being entertained coupled with being a fan of a club is quite the same as yours.

If my team get mullered by another, it hurts very much and that reaction can't come as a result of me personally being entertained. It's similar to when my team, and before you say anything it doesn't happen very often, put a big score up against another team. Although it was satisfying last week because for a while it looked like Rovers were going to make a fist of it, it has to be said the four tries in a 9 minute spell (IIRC) were scored as much by Rovers poor defence as by Hull's newfound attacking prowess, although exactly which contributed the most is probably difficult to pinpoint. So although I was greatly entertained to an extent by my team last week, it was watered down ever so slightly by Rovers' inability to defend. (Once I'd stopped laughing I realised this.)

I've often wondered what it must be like to support St Helens. Clearly they've had more success in the SL era than the two Hull clubs combined but I'm not sure that I'd necessarily be too keen to support them. This isn't intended to be a slight on them as they're one of the teams that consistently put a big score on my team but also they're one of the teams that I nearly always think my team might just be in with a shout of beating before a game starts. And that clearly can't be down to their squad's ability as they can beat anybody on their day (Where have I heard that spouted often?), so it must be down to attitude and perhaps mental toughness. Also, when it comes to losing a game, without the slightest worry about repercussions, the week before a cup final due to fielding a weakened team, ask any RL fan which club would be happy to do this and Saints would certainly not be a pointless answer. (This perhaps occurring not quite so often as it used to, btw.)

I suppose it comes down to what your own personal definition of entertainment is.

I recall a couple of games at Odsal between Bradford and Hull around 1979/1980, one was a Yorkshire Cup SF and the other was a third round RL cup game, if memory serves. The first ended 0-3 and the other 2-3 I think, somebody may help me out here, but the point is there were no tries scored. Those two games are right up there with the most enjoyable matches I've ever attended so I guess it should follow that they're up there with the ones that entertained me the most. The defences in those two game were relentless and I felt privileged to have been at both.

I'd much rather attend a game like that than a free scoring affair where whichever team comes up with the least of many basic defensive lapses wins the day. 

It was the other way round OF, but great games nonetheless.  The 3-0 cup win was in 1980 and I remember it well.  As the drop goal went over I jumped into the air & promptly careered down the Odsal slag heap before my rapid descent was stopped by someone grabbing my shirt collar & nearly choking me.  Happy days!

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

Welcome aboard Red robin, always good to have new members joining the forum, even if they are from the wrong side of the river. :rolleyes:

If Rovers have increased their pass sales from last year then they must have a marketing department capable of selling sand to the Arabs. :blink:

On a serious ish note, it's nice to see you've already locked horns with DP and come out relatively unscathed. Most of the posters on here are a good lot and not too many take themselves too serious when it comes to winding others up so as long as you remember that then I'm sure you'll go just fine.

Having said that there's often the odd bit of vitriolic stuff flying between the East and West Hull fraternities from certain quarters but they usually disappear if ignored enough.

Looking forward to this season with the usual trepidation being a black and white but I think we may at last be able to enjoy games with perhaps a tad more success than of late. As for Rovers, well not many seem to be expecting too much from them but as usual there'll probably be a few teams wandering down Preston Rerd way this year and coming back disappointed.

Oh, by the way, if you think I'm going to wish you good luck for the season, you can sod off.

Well thank you for the kind words OF. Obviously, we don't wish ill on each other, but we sure enjoy the banter and smugness when it's all going wrong for the other side. Unfortunately it's been all one way since the back end of August. So I'm looking forward to the equilibrium evening itself out this coming season. :-).

It was the other way round OF, but great games nonetheless.  The 3-0 cup win was in 1980 and I remember it well.  As the drop goal went over I jumped into the air & promptly careered down the Odsal slag heap before my rapid descent was stopped by someone grabbing my shirt collar & nearly choking me.  Happy days!

Was that the game Tim Wilby got concussion early on and couldn't remember the rest of the match?

rldfsignature.jpg

Was that the game Tim Wilby got concussion early on and couldn't remember the rest of the match?

Might well have been.  What also sticks in my memory is the confusion over who actually kicked the drop goal.  Some had it down as Clive Pickerill, others Charlie Birdsall or Sammy Lloyd.  Understandable as they all look so similar.....

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

Might well have been. What also sticks in my memory is the confusion over who actually kicked the drop goal. Some had it down as Clive Pickerill, others Charlie Birdsall or Sammy Lloyd. Understandable as they all look so similar.....

Definitely Clive Pickerill, that I do remember.

Archived