Sharp names squad for Leeds Rhinos

PaulTFev

Featherstone Rovers Head Coach Jon Sharp has named his squad for our final pre-season friendly match against Leeds Rhinos on Sunday (KICK OFF 3PM). Don’t forget that the treble winning side will be bringing their three trophies along with them and will be on display along with the Kingstone Press Championship Shield for a unique photo opportunity in the Cappers Bar from 12.30pm onwards. Leeds Rhinos players who have not been selected will be in the Cappers Bar from 2.15pm prior to kick off to meet supporters of both clubs too!

Admission on Sunday is £14 adults, £10 concessions and £3 juniors and tickets can be pre-purchased from the main office at the stadium (open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday morning 10am-midday) or from the match ticket office in the main car park on Sunday from midday.

Jon Sharp said “It’s a big challenge for us on Sunday against a side with some Super League experience. They have probably been the dominant club in the sport for the last decade so it is great they are coming to the Big Fella’s Stadium. The players are looking forward to testing themselves and in my mind there is a couple of places up for grabs for making the squad for our first Kingstone Press Championship game of the season against Bradford Bulls a week on Sunday.

“It will be the first time we will see Briggs and Thackeray linking up in the half backs and for us to fine tune some of our combinations. This game will see the culmination of three months preparation during pre-season and the importance of this fixture cannot be underestimated.

“I was asked a question by a journalist this week if I would be watching both sets of players due to our link-up with the Rhinos but my response was that I’m Head Coach of Featherstone Rovers so will be concentrating on our players and how they perform on Sunday.”

Featherstone Rovers Squad

Danny Craven

Louis Brown

Will Milner

Kyran Johnson

Luke Cooper

Michael Channing

Bradley Tagg

Misi Taulapapa

Jack Ormondroyd

Ian Hardman

John Davies