What bad news story can we expect this week?

Fascinating to see the BBC devoting their monthly on line RL article to Pearce's recent indiscretions. They can't give us enough positive coverage can they? It's that time of year again for the launch of the SL season to require the obligatory feeder game/game on its knees/thuggies and druggies story.

What will they have in store for us this time?

Fascinating to see the BBC devoting their monthly on line RL article to Pearce's recent indiscretions. They can't give us enough positive coverage can they? It's that time of year again for the launch of the SL season to require the obligatory feeder game/game on its knees/thuggies and druggies story.

Not just the BBC - I just looked at the Grauniad website, and there are 7 (seven) Mitchell Pearce links.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Coventry Bears fold because a TRL forum member says they are wasting their time?

They're wasting their time

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Not just the BBC - I just looked at the Grauniad website, and there are 7 (seven) Mitchell Pearce links.

That's because the Gruniad has an Australian office, ya know.  Most of their RL coverage during the season is of the NRL.

Eddie and stevo have retired just in time for SL 21

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

By way of contrast, and probably OT, but I think this is really rather good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3p3Esz3DxM

No, this is rather good...

http://www.rathergood.com/independent_woman/

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Yes, the BBC haven't covered RL at all in the last month.  :fie:

There was no coverage of the rule/law changes.  :fie:

There was no coverage of Leeds' ground improvement plans. :tease:

There was nothing on the website concerning Mini's contract at Hull, or Wire marshalling Mathers into a new contract... :ph34r:

You wouldn't be grandstanding, or putting on the poor mouth at all would you?  ;)

Yes, the BBC haven't covered RL at all in the last month. :fie:

There was no coverage of the rule/law changes. :fie:

There was no coverage of Leeds' ground improvement plans. :tease:

There was nothing on the website concerning Mini's contract at Hull, or Wire marshalling Mathers into a new contract... :ph34r:

You wouldn't be grandstanding, or putting on the poor mouth at all would you? ;)

When Exeter and playing sale why would anything rugby league make the news

This isn't paranoia. Over the years there have been a few BBC season-starting hatchet jobs but the one which always comes to my mind is from 2000. The day before the start of the Super League season a full edition of their 'On the Line' radio programme on 5 Live was devoted to "investigating" the state of Rugby League, with the primary evidence being a study by a student at Sheffield Hallam into 'the Economic and Financial effects of the introduction of Super League'.

That piece of research can be read here - http://shura.shu.ac.uk/3161/; I've not read it in full for years but I do remember a whole bunch of straw men and factual inaccuracies. A quick glance reminds me of this - e.g. "Prior to 1996 and the BSkyB take over of rugby league's Super League, the BBC controlled the game's coverage." Not true, of course, but the phraseology tells you everything - other sports negotiate new TV deals; in Rugby League the TV company "takes over".

was it 2 seasons ago the main story before SL launch was about the combined debt of the clubs!

I'm pretty sure the BBC got Mitchell Pearce drunk and handed him the dog just so they could write the article

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Archived