batley boys

Can anyone tell me why this team has disappeared from the Pennine League Championship?

They have joined the Yorkshire Mens League team.

Over 25 Pennine League teams are running a team in Summer with about 5 threatening not to return to winter.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Watched two cup games over the weekend , Dockers v Thornhill not a lot of open rugby on show but it was very cold and windy with wintery showers . Dockers didnt play any open rugby (not what I can remember)but defended well . West Hull V Police today , wests always going to win but police should have scored a few more tries . Police hooker , full back and big number 10 had outstanding games . Refs whistle must have been red hot he used it that much .

Over 25 Pennine League teams are running a team in Summer with about 5 threatening not to return to winter.

Mirfield Stags and King Cross Park are playing summer and are top 2 in Championship. Don't know if they're returning or not

does that mean they'll have to change their name now?

No, it's Batley Boys OB

How the dark nights must fly by in Widnes  :no2:

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Do Slaithwaite Saracens still exist?

At least at open age level they don't. They entered Yorkshire Men's League division 3 last year and pulled out mid season. They also pulled out of Pennine league division 5 mid season in 2014/15 and have entered neither league for 2015/16 or 2016.

Apparently a lot of players have switched to play for Underbank Rangers and/or a local rugby union club

• 2 weeks later...

This is nothing to do with the best time to play the game, teams are leaving because of the management who show a double standard with the administration, I haven't checked because of work commitments but from hear say it mainly seems to be clubs from the old Yorkshire league who aren't happy and when they wanted to revive the Yorkshire league BARLA knocked them back (Pennine control BARLA but who is controlling the Pennine)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Isn't it also NCL ambitions with Toll Bar?

Can you remember me saying 6 or 7 years ago that the then guy in charge at Doncaster RLFC had phoned me to say the RFL wanted at the good kids in the service area directed towards Toll Bar, well this what's happened and the results are the district at the moment has the lease number of players since I can remember, one of the reasons why Moorends pulled out (they where struggling with numbers and standard) was when the registration secretary failed to send ID cards out in time for the start of the season, it took about a month before they could play a game, by then a lot of interest had been lost Has a lot of players went to Thornensians RUFC and Goole RUFC, then when the club got fined for not playing the earlier games that they couldn't because of the ID Card situation most of the clubs management gave up, what they don't seem to realise in the Pennine towers, people talk and when other clubs who where in the same situation don't get fined or games taken away from them it causes a ripple.

What's seems to be coming cross at the moment within the Pennine is their favouritism towards people/clubs who perform pleasurable deeds the ones who don't toe the line are simply driven out.

Toll Bar have said they're going summer because they where not getting home fixtures (teams not travelling) but I've also been told they have been approached by Doncaster RLFC to be a feeder club and a place in the NCL would be their reward.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

This is nothing to do with the best time to play the game, teams are leaving because of the management who show a double standard with the administration, 

I never said it was and there is something true in your contention.

However, the elephant in the room is that the better teams near the top of the grid don't want want to play Fryston, Queens or indeed the perennial thugs Upton. So whenever they get within their fixture circle they find the most convenient excuse to shiver away. Most of these did the same exit from the Yorkshire League to the Pennine, no matter what they claim....

The beauty of the YML is that it is a Fryston - Queens free-zone as both are effectively barred from entry to it.

With regards to the double standards you are right. There is very much a bias towards to traditional pennine clubs as these people dominate the committee.

Inventing a rule - postseason - where a team gains an additional point, in order for them to win the Premier division title is laughable and corrupt, even if it denies a very unpopular side the championship. Yet no-one concerned with the entire league raised any concerns about it.

Shame on the entire Pennine League and those connected to the league that saw what they did and kept their mouths shut...

The Pennine league 5 team premier division is farcical in itself especially with Morley Borough and Queens having struggled for numbers. I think if they didn't have to share with cricket then maybe West Bowling would have been tempted by a better summer league.

With regards to the double standards you are right. There is very much a bias towards to traditional pennine clubs as these people dominate the committee.

Partly, though there's a lot of opposition to the Pennine league management in Halifax as well

Archived