04 Feb: SL Match Thread: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Warrington Wolves

Discuss the opening game of Super League XXI here.

Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves

Match report & pictures from the game in Monday's League Express!

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooh!! The match threads are back!!

Sod cuckoos, this is the first sign of spring!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banter aside... this is an intriguing start and I don't think could predict either team with any real confidence.

So many ifs and buts... not sure Leeds will be functioning too well yet. Particular having watched Zak as nominated kicker, have a 1 in 5 (I think) success rate in the Bradford "training game" recently, which in a close game will be important then I'm siding with Warrington. 

The extra points from conversions really do change the dynamics of the game from controlling the game in later quarter. Where somebody with Sinfields accuracy meant Leeds managing the game out as distinct from chasing. The other team chasing and leaving gaps for Leeds to exploit

Looking forward to how Leeds cope in tight game with a low return conversion kicker.

I'm going for a Warrington win. It's a good time to play Leeds as they look to adapt to the new leadership and I expect Wire to start the season well.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well, 2016 has four digits, so it must be Warrington's year. Scientifically undeniable!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mmmmm, could go either way due to Wires big changes in personnel and, let's face it, Leeds have lost three absolute stalwarts. It'll be close but im backing Wire to pinch it 18-14.

Has anybody told Sky that this is on on Thursday?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived