Team for Swinton

thehullram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what can you say, a wins a win.

Joking aside that was a terrible performance.

We have to improve to get anywhere near top 8.

Shocking performance. The only consolation was that we scored every time we got in their half. Imagine what might have been achieved if we had managed that task more than four times?

Didn't see anything today that says we'll do any better than last season.......... Poor set completion, daft penalties and usually at the high end of the tackle count, forcing the ball early in the tackle count and getting drawn in to scuffles/arguments that we should have left well alone....... on and off the park.......... not to mention repeatedly letting Swinton back in to the game with mistakes from the restart.

Guzdek looks good and Reynolds will do very nicely as a replacement for Thackray but not much else to get excited about I'm afraid.

Cold,soul-less stadium completed the misery.

Least you deserved mate.

Not a great performance and completion rate must have been somewhere near 15%, if that. Thought the constant interchange of our players was pathetic. I understand Teanby got a facial injury but the rest were constantly interchanged. Your never going to settle down when changing players every 10 minutes. The injury to the Swinton player seemed to halt our momentum when we just seemed to be getting some kind of hold on the game. Can't put my finger on it but we are missing something, it maybe the tenacity and fire of Spicer and Farrell. Thought Grady stood out today and Crookes is a different player. Not a great deal of go forward in the pack today from our big guys. Positives though in that we managed to win and I feel Swinton will upset a few this season. Ball in hand they ran better and looked far more dangerous than we did but defensively they were vulnerable every time we threw the ball out wide.

Poor from us! Swinton did ok nothing special. Referee and touch judge closest to us second half were really trying to let them win.... May it of been giving them a try off blatant forward pass for there final try giving forward against Grady that was borderline or not stopping clock when we was behind as soon as they were behind it was stopped instantly how does that work? We were terrible really tho. Guzdek and crookes stood out for me

Poor from us! Swinton did ok nothing special. Referee and touch judge closest to us second half were really trying to let them win.... May it of been giving them a try off blatant forward pass for there final try giving forward against Grady that was borderline or not stopping clock when we was behind as soon as they were behind it was stopped instantly how does that work? We were terrible really tho. Guzdek and crookes stood out for me

You need to stop drinking

Tut tut. Don't even think of blaming ref or touchy. They weren't great but mustn't detract from the fact that with the exception of our attack we were outplayed by swinton for large periods.

The pass from Grady was a yard forward at a time when we should have just stuck it up our jumpers.

Super bowl is tonight if you want to see forward passes. Must of had you rattled if you are complaining about time keeping..... Well done Dews. Just make sure you keep it up against those around us in the league.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

Super bowl is tonight if you want to see forward passes. Must of had you rattled if you are complaining about time keeping..... Well done Dews. Just make sure you keep it up against those around us in the league.

You had us very rattled,tbh you should have won that game,the officials made some poor decisions, but for both sides. Take that performance into every game & you won't be far away.

Thought we stood off them a nit today, the tenacity and line speed was missing. Too many errors with ball in hand, many unforced. Things to work on this week in training no doubt. Credit to Lions, they kept going and will upset a few this season.

Had Swinton won, it would have been just about deserved (niggly bits notwithstanding); they certainly knew how to attack - and score too. Dewsbury were poor. My season prediction did say "based only on last week's performance against London" and today shows that one swallow does not a summer make. Need no more like today GM, it got too tense towards the end. They had one try disallowed for a forward pass and one stopped for a foot in touch - too close for comfort. A little earlier something odd occurred, with Swinton close to our line, their player passed on to the ground, we kicked forward, the ball hit a Swinton player's leg and the referee awarded a scrum to Dewsbury.

I have no idea why, so has anyone else got an answer as I suspect the man in charge will not reply on here?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

so let's overlook the blatant push on Forster leading to your try just before half time and of course the rake out leading to the Scrum head and feed to Dews for knock on but led to the winning try...... Yep the ref and line tried really hard to help us !

so let's overlook the blatant push on Forster leading to your try just before half time and of course the rake out leading to the Scrum head and feed to Dews for knock on but led to the winning try...... Yep the ref and line tried really hard to help us !

Having watched the highlights of the game again there were a few calls that you got,but to be fair the officials were poor for both sides. But well played yesterday, we were shocking but that's not taking away the performance your lads put in,whether you can do that week in week out is another matter.

Having watched the highlights of the game again there were a few calls that you got,but to be fair the officials were poor for both sides. But well played yesterday, we were shocking but that's not taking away the performance your lads put in,whether you can do that week in week out is another matter.

It's a tough league Graham but I saw good signs yesterday in only our second run out. Good luck to your boys too.

Good highlights as ever. Cheers. The only pass that looked def forward to me was the one from crookes to Grady that set up the first try!

It's a tough league Graham but I saw good signs yesterday in only our second run out. Good luck to your boys too.

Must admit you surprised alot of supporters yesterday even some of your own with the high tempo that you played, must admit I thought you'd have tired 2nd half. I think your coach will have got more positives out of the game than us.

are you a Swinton fan? Never forward how can u not say there final pass for last try wasn't forward

Just being honest. Check out the video and use the white line as a guide.

Theirs was v tight but not sure it was forward.

For rams supporters who where in attendance yesterday, I know this will be hard after that poor display AGAIN!!!! who were your top 3 performers?

Here's mine

(1)Josh Guzdek

(2)Shane Grady

(3)Jason Crookes

Pretty much agree Graham. In any order. Grady seems to be really hammering anyone he comes across in defence ( you can literally feel it stood on the terrace) and Crookes is really putting in a shift. His defence was superb yesterday and his cross field run and pass split Swinton wide open for the try. Guzdek looks good and there is more to come.

Archived