Superb Batley stun “unbeatable” Centurions

Supertyke

Magnificent win for the Bulldogs Today. All credit to the team. Agree it was a bad descition to play Chase at full back by Leigh but that is what you get when you sign a half back you do not need and have to fit him in the team. 3 into 2 does not go!. Thought the game was gone midway through the half but the guys dug in and wow what a result. Big game now at Fev to follow. could turn into a memorable season. One last thought at last we have won one of the close games and boy  it feels great.

Reminds me of that great game wen we played them at there old place the Duffy drop goal n lingard coming from other side of pitch like a exoset missile to bundle there lad into touch

Pleeeaaase don't!!

I'm one Leigh fan who has numerous unpleasant memories of you guys spoiling our party!

Seriously though, well done yesterday. You looked dead and buried at 12-22, but had the character to come back from that - and by playing quality football too.

I had the strangest dream last night; I dreamt that The Bulldogs had pulled off a shock result against Leigh and.....oh hang on, it's Monday, and, like Max Boyce, 'I was there'!! After that I think that every player on and off the field deserve our old name 'The Gallant Youths'.

A fantastic team performance. As another post said, at last we have won one of those close games that we always seemed (and expected) to lose in the last 2 seasons.

Under KH and early in JK's reign we were rarely out of a game, and could always lift ourselves and drag ourselves back in. Yesterday, I felt that Bulldog spirit again.

Dom B is a right signing, consistently for me the best number 7 in this division over the last 5 years, a real thorn in our side, and so glad he's a Bulldog at last. That 40/20 was immense. And Pat Walker looks like another strong character to add to squad that in the last 2 years has lacked leadership.

Looking forward to Sunday already, dismayed though that Fev played a couple of experienced Rhinos yesterday.

Great win guys from a Leyther that was there you deserved it, that's why we clapped your players off the pitch, good luck for the rest of the season guys, great performance and a well deserved win.

Archived