London (Away)

Bleep1673

Didn't go today, first match in years I've missed (who the hell wants to all the way down to London in this lousy winter weather?, Pity it wasn't set for later when it's a tad warmer).

Leadiing 12-18 at half time and going down 38-18, it looks like the team performed well against what I assume are a team of full time pros.

A lovely sunny day in London

A near faultless first half with a 94% completion rate put the Lions in the box seat at half time but the full time Broncos took all their chances in the second half but the Lions never gave up and but for better passes they could have scored another couple of tries.

Onwards to next week.

Quite right Riggy. We matched them well for most of the game including the period in the first half when we were a man short. The loss of Beharrell disrupted us and a mighty 80 min stint from Nicholson must have drained his energy.

Still only played 3 games and matched both of the fancied teams in the league. We'll pick up some points soon enough!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Interesting to see Londons first 2 games were against newly promoted sides, then next month they have 3 of 4 games at home. Nice start!

Look here on Tuesday for my best photos of the game, I will upload my ten best of 250

Tried to send you a message. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Great first half for us. London had no answer really and I felt a tough away win was on the cards. London just came out and blitzed us physically the first 10 mins of the 2nd half and we just couldn't keep the pace. Not helped by no real field position in attack with some blown opportunities with ball not going to hand. Did well to steady the ship but those last 2 tries were killers. Score certainly did not reflect the game. Just need to take our chances more and we've certainly proved that we can attack, just need to fix up some defensive holes now. Proud of the lads so far, we're not just in it to make the numbers up.

Sorry Folks if I repeated some, glitches with transferring. I hope you all had a safe journey home, I met up with a Rugby Union ex-colleague and went into Ealing (Monty;s) for an excellent curry & got back to Hastings just before midnight.

We Could've won that.

Archived