Who earns what in super league?

Sco77

Super league is know for not disclosing wages etc, but I wonder if we can compile a list of player wages on here.

According to Phil Clarke (and as we all know, he knows everything,) the average super league player get £65k.

Obviously the one most publicised is Sam Tomkins on £400k per year. So I will start there.

Sam Tomkins £400k Wigan

Ben Cockayne £50k Wakefield

Ryan Atkins £84k Warrington

Richie Owen £80k Castleford

Ryan Hudson £100k Castleford

Ryan McGoldrick £100k Castleford

Good luck finding individual figures, but Wigan's wage bill is well over 3m. If their accounts are anything to go by. I would be interested to know how much other clubs are spending.

Incidentally, if the rumours are true, then Wigan play their younger players very little with big leaps to established first team players.

Good luck finding individual figures. I would be interested to know how much other clubs are spending.

That why I started the thread, there are many people that would be interested in what their clubs give to who.

I remember been told a few years back that Ben Cockayne had taken a decent pay cut when sacked from Hull KR to join Wakey on 50k a year.

Richie Owen was rumoured to be on 80k per year at Cas.  Ryan Hudson and Ryan Mcgoldrick both rumoured to be on around 100k the same time.  3 of Cas's highest paid players at the time apparently (Chase been the other).

When the Chase to Salford rumours surfaced the rumour was MK was offering Chase around 350k per year to lure him.

Salford players receive somewhere in the region of £15,000 a year, but are able to top up their earnings by doing consultancy work for one of Marwan's companies.

Clever. Warrington have always taken a more direct approach: for most of this decade we have been paying all* of our players £250k a year, and hiding our blatant salary cap abuse in plain sight**.

*Apart from Roy Asotasi and Matt King, they were both on £750k a year

**Official TRL Fact - may not be true.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

There is no truth in any rumour suggesting that a certain forward plying his trade not too far from here receives part of his wages in sweets and lollies.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Given a full salary cap and a 25 man squad-this averages out at £72K.As EW points out younger players will be on substantially less.

I would also be interested to know how much the full time Championship players at Sheffield and London get in comparison to top part time players.

Given the number of Sheffield lads with decent jobs who moved on, I don't think we're paying a great deal

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

Given the number of Sheffield lads with decent jobs who moved on, I don't think we're paying a great deal

Most lads over 25 are in good Jobs for life and do not want to throw that away for a year or two being full time Players with nothing after. Some lads do not want to go FT as ist not worth the risk. Others even take time out completeky to finish courses-think Andy Ellis is doing this. Rugby sadly offers little career opportunities even for some of the stars of SL. Ftaer they retire they often have to hunt to find work.

Plus a free masarati.

i still find that baffling, you award a sketchy player of the year award of a 50 grand car, to a 19 year old who lives in the salford area? 

Whats the insurance on that going to be?

Also, considering said 19 year is on an academy contract/low SL contract, is he likely to just sell the thing so he can pay his bills/feed his family?

Super league is know for not disclosing wages etc, but I wonder if we can compile a list of player wages on here.

According to Phil Clarke (and as we all know, he knows everything,) the average super league player get £65k.

Obviously the one most publicised is Sam Tomkins on £400k per year. So I will start there.

Sam Tomkins £400k Wigan

Ben Cockayne £50k Wakefield

Ryan Atkins £84k Warrington

Richie Owen £80k Castleford

Ryan Hudson £100k Castleford

Ryan McGoldrick £100k Castleford

How much do you get paid?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

There is something else I wold like to note (and you'd have to have been around a LONG time to remember when I would make this point every day), that the cap is a gross cap, and so does not reflect net amounts received via creative payment routes, different tax rates between France and the UK. Further, it used to be opaque about "image rights". For overseas players there used to be very effective ways of managing payments.

If my maths works correctly, you could pay Chase the equivalent of 200k by paying his wife 30k, and him 100k into an offshore fund. I am not suggesting that is what happens, of course, but that may count as 100k or 130k on the cap... For any tax experts, feel free to pick holes in the general principle rather than the maths.

Some those loopholes may have been closed now - I recall that "image rights" we're challenged but can't recall the outcome.

I have no idea, but would be interested to know, how payments for media work are counted, if at all, given Sam's ubiquity on Sky.

Given a full salary cap and a 25 man squad-this averages out at £72K.As EW points out younger players will be on substantially less.

I would also be interested to know how much the full time Championship players at Sheffield and London get in comparison to top part time players.

It's very difficult to work out the average wage due to the fact only part of the wage counts against the cap. Players are given a nominal value that counts against the cap but that is worked out on the basis the player will only play a certain number of games. If a player plays the full season his actual wage would be much higher than his cap value.

i still find that baffling, you award a sketchy player of the year award of a 50 grand car, to a 19 year old who lives in the salford area?

Also, considering said 19 year is on an academy contract/low SL contract, is he likely to just sell the thing so he can pay his bills/feed his family?

Wasn't he only given use of it.

Imaginary...he's a 19 year old from Salford.

It shouldn't be a problem. He's from Yorkshire so he'll be able to add it to the family's tractor and caravan policy.

It shouldn't be a problem. He's from Yorkshire so he'll be able to add it to the family's tractor and caravan policy.

Is he from the wealthy side of Halifax then? I'm dissapointed I loved the thought of a poor lad done good moving from a pony to a Masserati.

As a mortgage broker in Wigan I have several Super League players as clients. Unfortunately client confidentiality means I can't tell you what they earn!

Archived