Broncos reaction

town4me

Dec did do a lot of tackling as did Carl today, its the area close to our line that is the real problem wonderofwood we are shipping in to many " soft " tries in this area marra.

Was Dec 100% fit today ? he didn't look at all comfortable running in the second half.

managed to get to the game today after delivering close by . Not sure on Declan fitness as I haven't spoke to him but watching today I  would say he has some way to go before he reaches his peak fitness. But then being out for 6 months after a bad op and only playing a handful of games for haven last year I thought he put himself about well although I noticed he had his ankle strapped up again which is a worry.It Didn't affect your right side in the first half they where massive. Forber & Declan line speed was excellent . Attack wise I thought some of the decision making was poor . Murphy had a walk in twice if the ball goes out the back but they choose the wrong option and handed the ball back

I know your all disappointed but today was positive. However it's a right tight old league this and there are no mugs

This year will go right to the wire.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stacky was ther as well.you can't pick out a individual are you having a laugh have you read your other post further up omg.

Yes you can't blame individuals. But make sure you know the individuals that are on the field when it happens. Verlinden and Stack were off the field for the two trys in the second half and in fact was Perry in second row.

Jack was very solid , and a word for Sam . Never notice him because he just does everything asked of him without fuss .

Best game he has had in a town shirt. Very solid in defence and under the high ball today along with Forrester and Carter.

stacky was ther as well.you can't pick out a individual are you having a laugh have you read your other post further up omg.

no he wasnt. Stack was off the field when we let in both 2nd half tries.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

There was nothing between the 2 sides yesterday, appart from their faster play the ball and ability to off load in the tackle, something we never seem to manage. We probably dominated posession but besides the couple of bit's of Jarrod magic, we lacked a cutting edge, I think we would have won that one with Callum in the side.

It was a huge improvement oo the last few games with Stack and Sammut back in the side, hopefully we can beat the other strugglers in our mini league and pull away from the bottom 2, the Oldham game is massve for us now.

The boys on the popularside were very quiet again yesterday, we need to start getting behind the boys.

Frustrated Workington Town boss Phil Veivers says his side have to be more clinical after losing out to the London Broncos by just three points.

London took the Championship tie 16-13 but it was a much improved performance from the home side who ran their visitors ragged on occasion.

Jarrod Sammut starred on his return from injury, directing play across the park and helping himself to two tries and a drop-goal. But it was not enough to salvage the all-important victory.

“I’m very disappointed,” said Veivers. “I’m always disappointed to lose any game but especially one that I think we controlled for probably 95 per cent of the time.

“I keep saying about being clinical when you get opportunities, taking the right options and I thought we probably lacked a little bit of that.

“Even though Jarrod is back with us I thought he looked a little bit rusty on his pass selection and Carl Forber was a little rusty on his pass selection with some of the plays we had.

Am I Wright in saying that London or a full time teem thay probabley train about 3 to 4 hours a day all gelling getting there fitnes levels up.thay don't have to get up for work or play after coming off a night shift so I think we did very well to push them like we did the lads will get a lot better as thay go along it is a very hard league this year thay will lose some more games but thay will also win some games I still think there will be no problems in surviving this league.

Am I Wright in saying that London or a full time teem thay probabley train about 3 to 4 hours a day all gelling getting there fitnes levels up.thay don't have to get up for work or play after coming off a night shift so I think we did very well to push them like we did the lads will get a lot better as thay go along it is a very hard league this year thay will lose some more games but thay will also win some games I still think there will be no problems in surviving this league.

Only if we win our games against the other teams at the bottom. haven play Swinton on Saturday and you would fancy them to get their first points, the panic will set in if they don't and it will be the same for us when we play Oldham.

Your not far off Mike9, Broncos are as near as damn it full time and benefit from a much bigger pot of money thrown at them by Red Hall. Nowhere near a level playing field but we should have taken them on Sunday with  a little more luck and a bit more composure at the death. Keep the Faith Marra !

Your not far off Mike9, Broncos are as near as damn it full time and benefit from a much bigger pot of money thrown at them by Red Hall. Nowhere near a level playing field but we should have taken them on Sunday with  a little more luck and a bit more composure at the death. Keep the Faith Marra !

Odd suggestion about Red Hall throwing money at the Broncos. Was it not the case that we finished one place higher than Town in the league 2015, and a such received £50k (?) more prize money/funding than them, significantly less than the prize monies paid to Leigh, Bradford, etc 

Odd suggestion about Red Hall throwing money at the Broncos. Was it not the case that we finished one place higher than Town in the league 2015, and a such received £50k (?) more prize money/funding than them, significantly less than the prize monies paid to Leigh, Bradford, etc

No but they have a very rich backer that has been investing for years.

You seem to be conveniently overlooking the huge golden parachute payment bestowed on London for the serial failures that resulted in their totally predictable exit from the top tier. The words Elephant and White come to mind. 

Some would see Broncos back in SL as being very good for the game.

Not me that's for sure. Town have already been the victims of the R.F.L.'s misguided expansionist ambitions. In our inaugural year in Super League we found ourselves in a three-way battle for survival with Leeds of all teams and Paris St. Germain . We were cynically removed from the equation because  the consequences of the blessed Loiners or-God forbid -the Trophy French team being dumped were totally unpalatable to Maurice and his minnions.  London Super League should have withered on the vine a long time ago. 

I do apologise I was wrong.but there was still 2 and 3 players involved in the the tackles not just Forber

i thought forbers defence was pretty good on sunday as i said earlier. Its the centre and replacement 2nd rower who have been at fault from the start of the season. Carl actually strengthens that side.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

You seem to be conveniently overlooking the huge golden parachute payment bestowed on London for the serial failures that resulted in their totally predictable exit from the top tier. The words Elephant and White come to mind. 

Not forgot about anything. The parachute payment was agreed by all parties in the league and applied to Broncos and Bulls. The fact that last season we could not manage our way out of a paper bag speaks for itself. We stand on our own two feet just like you so the notion the RFL throw money at us or we are a White Elephant could equally apply to yourselves.

someone refresh my memory as i haven t got the programmes or final table at hand . but in our last year in super league didn t it all boil down to who won the match between town and paris because both teams remaining fixtures were toughies.?..........town won this game to go above paris.........paris last game was at home to london or wigan i think , and magically gained the point they needed . the game was on sky and lo and behold sat in the stand was a shot of maurice lindsay grinning all over his face , he ran super league at the time and just happened to be there....what a coincidence !!!!!!!! 

Sounds like that withering vine still bears a healthy crop of sour grapes. You don't advance your cause by making totally contradictory statements. Whilst admitting that you are propped up by a sugar daddy you then claim that you "stand on your own two feet"! Not only that you also confirm that without your benefactor's input you would be "in the poop".       With regards to Workington Town's potential, we have already realised that in our relatively short history. For your edification the Club has won every single honour in the game including the greatest prize of all--The Challenge Cup. Last time I looked,London in it's various guises had won----------er??  Even in these times of falling attendances outside of Super League not only ourselves but some of our local amateur sides are better supported than the Broncos. Perhaps if we could persuade your Money Man to transfer his affections to a true Sleeping Giant we might rise Phoenix-like from our noble ashes! (Even allowing for mixed metaphors!)

someone refresh my memory as i haven t got the programmes or final table at hand . but in our last year in super league didn t it all boil down to who won the match between town and paris because both teams remaining fixtures were toughies.?..........town won this game to go above paris.........paris last game was at home to london or wigan i think , and magically gained the point they needed . the game was on sky and lo and behold sat in the stand was a shot of maurice lindsay grinning all over his face , he ran super league at the time and just happened to be there....what a coincidence !!!!!!!! 

The crunch match for us came a couple of games from the end of the season when we faced Leeds at D.P.  It was pretty much nailed on that the losers would be staring at the trap door.  Enter Karl Kirkpatrick referee extraordinaire who proceeded to make--let us say ---some very odd Leeds friendly decisions!  I was so wound up by his performance that when he ambled into the bar after the match,smirking all over his face,that I confronted him- which he didn't like. Needless to say that defeat sealed our fate and the rest is History. 

Archived