BEN REYNOLDS

graham fisher

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to league express this morning Leigh have served us with a 4wk notice on the season long loan deal for Ben Reynolds, they say it's down to injuries at half backs & fullback.

I was right then.

Excellent news.

If that's the case we should say goodbye to him permanently.........We shouldn't be beholden to ANY other Championship club.

Delaney may not be regular first team just yet but he's an able deputy and Kain let no-one down yesterday. We could even utilise Wright or Conroy as an emergency scrum half -- The roles between hooker and scrum half are very much the same nowadays and things looked better (to me) with Hemingway out there yesterday. 

Come on guys, Reynolds hasn't had a chance yet!!    No preseason, recovering from injury and trying to operate behind a poor pack (though much better yesterday ) .. as well as getting to know new team mates and a new system of play! ...   

I have seen enough in small flashes to feel some encouragement that he could do a good job for us.   Yes Kain has done well but his injury record and age are a bit against him, and lets not forget Reynolds was the first name GM thought of when Thacks said he was going!

I would be disappointed if he left on two fronts; 1) unfulfilled potential and 2) the loan deal must not have been sufficiently robust legally to allow such an easy return to Leigh. 

Come on guys, Reynolds hasn't had a chance yet!!    No preseason, recovering from injury and trying to operate behind a poor pack (though much better yesterday ) .. as well as getting to know new team mates and a new system of play! ...   

I have seen enough in small flashes to feel some encouragement that he could do a good job for us.   Yes Kain has done well but his injury record and age are a bit against him, and lets not forget Reynolds was the first name GM thought of when Thacks said he was going!

I would be disappointed if he left on two fronts; 1) unfulfilled potential and 2) the loan deal must not have been sufficiently robust legally to allow such an easy return to Leigh.

You're right and Leigh have just got Lewis Charnock on loan from Saints, so maybe they aren't as keen on Reynolds as they make out. Lots of politics at play there too, at present, with Beaumont now slagging off Rowley in the press.

Lovely club, aren't they?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

He hasn't impressed me at all tbh kain looks by far the better player at the moment

Main problem for me is that I have both Kain and Delaney down as 7's and Sykes isn't a 6 so unless Glover can step up do we have a 6 at all? Come back Ben. I have changed my mind!!!!!

If that's the case we should say goodbye to him permanently.........We shouldn't be beholden to ANY other Championship club.

Delaney may not be regular first team just yet but he's an able deputy and Kain let no-one down yesterday. We could even utilise Wright or Conroy as an emergency scrum half -- The roles between hooker and scrum half are very much the same nowadays and things looked better (to me) with Hemingway out there yesterday. 

I know you're all going to laugh, but how about Pricey at stand off ? Not very nimble I know, but he has good hands, defense and he'd scare the bejazus out of his opposite number - he might be a big cumbersome lump, but that didn't do paul cook any harm did it ? Only problem might be the lack of a kicking game.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Main problem for me is that I have both Kain and Delaney down as 7's and Sykes isn't a 6 so unless Glover can step up do we have a 6 at all? Come back Ben. I have changed my mind!!!!!

You might be joking but I think its a great idea  .... he looked to be a 6 playing at 7 anyway!  with Kain Delaney and our plethora of nimble hookers it might just work..

Ben Reynolds? He has nice hair. Not had long enough to impress mind. Knew this would happen

How did you know Chris - was it those dreams again?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Seems like some of our fans want Reynolds to be Johnathan Thurston with less than half a dozen games under his belt.

His kicking game is coming along nicely and from we saw of Sykes and his kicking game on Sunday we could be in need of it.

Let's hope Leigh want to use Charnock instead of Ben.

According to league express this morning Leigh have served us with a 4wk notice on the season long loan deal for Ben Reynolds, they say it's down to injuries at half backs & fullback.

or it might have something to do with Ryan Brierley handing in a months notice graham 

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12199/10190685/ryan-brierley-to-leave-leigh-centurions-in-four-weeks

IMG_0583.JPG

If the rumours around the town are correct then this "star" player is on gardening leave for refusing to train. Add to this other big names being banded around to other clubs and the chief exec walking out last night and you have one huge mess!!

Wish we were playing them this weekend!!!  

That mess is going to take some sorting out, I suppose they are all under contract and have their contractual obligations ... but its clearly not a happy ship!  

I would really like to know whats going on,

And if Reynolds has a reasonably tight loan agreement with us, he would do well to distance himself from the shenanigans going on at his parent club.

If the rumours around the town are correct then this "star" player is on gardening leave for refusing to train. Add to this other big names being banded around to other clubs and the chief exec walking out last night and you have one huge mess!!

Correct....Reckons he doesn't need to train 'every day'. WHAT A MUPPET !

Can we all be certain that Reynolds actually wants to return to Leigh, given the turmoil that seems to exist there at present?

Can we all be certain that Reynolds actually wants to return to Leigh, given the turmoil that seems to exist there at present?

You'd have to ask him yourself to obtain that certainty, BSJ, assuming he's free to express his own opinion.

But his wishes may have little to do with it - I assume he'll have to play where his boss tells him to play.

The project I've been involved with for the last eighteen months at work has been awful, but some poor sap has to do it.

I drew the short straw. :(

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

You'd have to ask him yourself to obtain that certainty, BSJ, assuming he's free to express his own opinion.

But his wishes may have little to do with it - I assume he'll have to play where his boss tells him to play.

The project I've been involved with for the last eighteen months at work has been awful, but some poor sap has to do it.

I drew the short straw. :(

The difference is SJS, if you make a muck of it you could get sacked; if a player plays poorly.....................he still has a contract. Much though we like to compare the conditions of employment for sportsmen with "normal" jobs, tehy aren't anywhere near alike, are they?

The difference is SJS, if you make a muck of it you could get sacked; if a player plays poorly.....................he still has a contract. Much though we like to compare the conditions of employment for sportsmen with "normal" jobs, tehy aren't anywhere near alike, are they?

Clearly there will be differences in conditions of employment, but also similarities.

Like doing the job you've been given.

So whether Reynolds prefers to play for Dewsbury or Leigh doesn't really come into it.

But maybe he would see opportunities for himself playing for a "bigger" club than Dewsbury.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived