kells

clifford

You did well to find out so quick . . was that on Radio Leeds ? ? as although the draw was main in a Swinton Pub there was no coverage on BBC TV or Radio Manchester . . But we are talking Rugby League here aren't we . . Lowest of the low and a useless PR organisation . .Time now 7.30pm and still NOTHING on BBC text service

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Time now 7.30pm and still NOTHING on BBC text service

Is that still a thing?  

I streamed the draw live on both my tablet and PC (in case one went down lol) whilst monitoring and then posting to Twitter.  I see the Oldham RLFC app (the unofficial app) just posted that the draw is tonight lol!

Nicely pointed out 34.Draw a good one for us to progress in the tournament(no disrespect intended).Kells are a quality amateur set up so we should treat this as a normal game.The results by the amateur clubs in the last round was brilliant. It makes you ask the question-are the amateurs getting better or are the wheels falling off at the foot of championship 1?.

Absolutely MR, treat the amateurs with the upmost respect,its their cup final. Keep our focus and i dont see too many problems though. As for the Champ 1 teams i think its a bit of both, some of the amateur sides at the top of the NCL could compete with the lower Champ 1. On top of that i read yesterday that "Oxford" now play in Abingdon and train in York! Cant do much for developing a competitive "Oxford" side in Champ 1. The clubs at the bottom of Champ 1 are out of their depth, even at that level. Im not being anti expansionist but i think its been rushed to try to get semi pro RL outside the heartlands. The exception is probably Newcastle who had a shocking result, by some accounts their team didnt seem interested, unusual as they always seemed to be the team that would break the M62 stranglehold. As with the Championship there is also a two tier league operating in Champ 1. The amateur sides have also a long history as clubs and some of the clubs have outstanding facilities. Its a shame to say but clubs like Hemel,South Wales,Oxford,Gloucester just dont have the quality of player to draw on like traditional areas,even though they do have pockets of amateur teams,maybe the answer is to introduce a system such as the Championship top 4 v SL bottom four between the NCL Premier and the Champ one? Perhaps that gives the lower clubs time to adjust and the amateurs to have a crack in a higher competition.At the least the Championship one/amateur clubs would find their level then.

Spot on 34.It will be Kells day and I hope any fans who make the trip down have a great afternoon.The Kells team will be treated with the utmost respect by Scott i am sure.They will be most welcome. I agree that the clubs down south don't have the quality of players to draw on as we do.Its a shame because the people that run these clubs are really up for it.

Bloody Hell! If you get them in the next round, me and the wife might come to that one.

Especially if it means missing a Giants game...

Toulouse is a cracking city and Minimes a great ground. Playing at a Rah Rah ground this season I believe whilst it's brought up to Superleague standard.

Archived