Batley preview

Keep The Faith

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know the answers , but some soul searching to do . Shouldn't be subsiding like that

We shouldn't, I never expected to win that one but I think we all know that this squad is capable of producing better than that.. Are we bottom now ? why was the Oldham game off ? let's hope they make them play it midweek.

People talk about finances and yes top to bottom there is a big gulf in the division but didn't we finish higher than Batley last year ? They don't have a speedway track around the pitch .. We also have a very successful lottery don't we ? Plus naming rights of the stadium ... We have a squad mainly based of locals on the lowest number of bods for a long while ... We are just a long way off being good enough I'm afraid boys and girls .. A major lack of recruitment from the BOD in the close season along with the DR of last year putting locals are out off signing ... Going to be a very long season this one ... The main man is to be questioned I'm afraid

next weekend is going to be a defining game in many ways , attitude and discipline in a pressure cooker match , they simply have to win that one .

i cant see us getting more that 10 points this year. And ill be honest so far we dont look like a very good side at all.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

The league money wise is way to unbalanced summits gotta change another shake up maybe top teams in our league should go super league maybe have 2 leagues of 8 watched haven and Swinton last night wasn't a pretty match to watch and to be fair what I seen of it there won't be much of a gap between the bottom 4 in our league and the top few teams in champ1

We shouldn't, I never expected to win that one but I think we all know that this squad is capable of producing better than that.. Are we bottom now ? why was the Oldham game off ? let's hope they make them play it midweek.

Oldham game was postponed due to snow

i cant see us getting more that 10 points this year. And ill be honest so far we dont look like a very good side at all.

haven oldham swinton home and away and if we pick up on a bit maybe rams at home possibly batley or fev may yield 2 points with big performances. Can't see us getting anything from anywhere else. It could come down to who conceeds the least against the better teams

Looking at the fixtures it really is pretty chilling . Couple of games you can target , but God knows where you'll be come the final third

Sitting at the bottom of the league and looking at points difference, I think it will take some getting off there.our pack was always the strong point of the side but this season every pack has dominated us.Heard again today that 4 or 5 players had hands on knees and out of puff. We've seen that in our home matches as well. Last time out at home L.McAvoy was out of puff after 10 mins.

Listening to rowley on the radio, it's the third game that the summariser has commented on our fitness ? Back to full strength now and still too far short - who does the buck stop with ?

Fair question . Every interview Phil wanted more. I think he knew what was what and where we needed strengthening . But it didn't transpire . Maybe Sammut sucked all the juice out of our finances .Don't know.

If we are being honest I doubt even the most optimistic Town fan would have expected to win any of the first 5 games so let's not get too pessimistic, the only cause for concern is our second half performances in the 2 away games. We were unlucky to be without some of out better players in the first 2 home games and we should have beaten London who are going very well.

We were always going to be in a relegation dogfight, we just have to win our games against the others who are down there, If we still haven't got any points after Good Friday, then we would have every reason to be worried.

Keep the faith

UP THE TOWN

A succession of overseas forwards who have done little to improve our squad has sucked up our cash.

Disasterous recruitment in the last two years IMO. We needed game changers not plodders.

Totally agree there. A Jamie Thackeray or Acton, somebody to take the opposition on and scatter a few bodies.Lacking in that department big time.

Fair question . Every interview Phil wanted more. I think he knew what was what and where we needed strengthening . But it didn't transpire . Maybe Sammut sucked all the juice out of our finances .Don't know.

Sammut as not sucked all the juice out of the club, his contract money is being paid by three local business men and not by the club, however if that affects the clubs salary cap I don't know?

If we are being honest I doubt even the most optimistic Town fan would have expected to win any of the first 5 games so let's not get too pessimistic, the only cause for concern is our second half performances in the 2 away games. We were unlucky to be without some of out better players in the first 2 home games and we should have beaten London who are going very well.

We were always going to be in a relegation dogfight, we just have to win our games against the others who are down there, If we still haven't got any points after Good Friday, then we would have every reason to be worried.

Keep the faith

UP THE TOWN

But Phil said the first 3 games were winnable .....

After this time in the championship we should be established not hanging in relying on other teams being worse than us to make our season interesting !

Archived