Ryan Brierley

The situation at leigh reminds me a bit of my club fev a couple of years back when a bloke called nafahudo or sumat like that came along promised us the world all the players we were going to sign to make it desination super league even tryed to sign brown ferris and crabtree from hudd but all he did was upset the club all the players we had at the time same as what DB is doing at leigh comeing in with his money upsetting everybody and makeing the club go backwards instead of forward

Its nowt like that at Leigh Plug, we dont have assets and Derek has the cash.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Craiq, supporting Leigh for over half a century does harden one to expect that dissapointment is never to far away, I have experienced far many more down's than up's in that time, and i hope that your conduit of information is correct about the moral within and not just spinning for PR reasons.

Anyway, as we have become accustomed to we live in hope that once again we do not flatter to decieve again this season.

You've beat me Gary as my first recalled game was about '69 and a floodlit trophy final at Wigan. Moral is good, bodies are few and pain killers got a team out last week. We have to get through the next few weeks and then watch us go imo. Big challenge on Sunday though.

The situation at leigh reminds me a bit of my club fev a couple of years back when a bloke called nafahudo or sumat like that came along promised us the world all the players we were going to sign to make it desination super league even tryed to sign brown ferris and crabtree from hudd but all he did was upset the club all the players we had at the time same as what DB is doing at leigh comeing in with his money upsetting everybody and makeing the club go backwards instead of forward

Trust me if i thought the club was going backwards i would be on social media helping to speed the process up so the club could sort its problems out quicker but i just dont see it.

As things stand i see one club owned by one man with a great board of directors around him which allows him to focus on the playing side of things.

The fact he's annoying the pants off opposition supporters doesnt bother me that much.

The fact some Leigh fans are getting annoyed just tells me how stupid they are and what short memories they have.

Then again perhaps some of them. were happy being a farm club and were just full of ###### when they said werent

Thats all fine jpmc but he should stay out of the playing side of the club??? Ok i'v no problem with money men comeing into any club we need all the investment we can get from money men BUT he's not a coach he should leave that side of things to the folk who know there job telling the coach who or not to sign who to play who not to play i don't know if theres any truth in the rumours its your club not mine so you shold know better than me but you got to admit sumats not right at the moment

Thats all fine jpmc but he should stay out of the playing side of the club??? Ok i'v no problem with money men comeing into any club we need all the investment we can get from money men BUT he's not a coach he should leave that side of things to the folk who know there job telling the coach who or not to sign who to play who not to play i don't know if theres any truth in the rumours its your club not mine so you shold know better than me but you got to admit sumats not right at the moment

Would you put in hundreds of thousands every year as a lower league club and have no interest in ensuring its being used to the full? Every manager reports to someone unless you own the company.

If He wanted Paul out he would have sacked him after the 8's.so losing your coach a week before the season will throw the club into a bit of chaos which then gets played out by an interested media, especially as PR is very close to one of the reporters of this rag.

Having such a bad run of injury luck then fuels the situation - but the players are really up for it although half are either out or carrying knocks. We'll be reet.

Would you put in hundreds of thousands every year as a lower league club and have no interest in ensuring its being used to the full? Every manager reports to someone unless you own the company.

By the same token some people are better suited to people management than others.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

My opinion is,its likely DB has signed the players that everyone is talking about.Now i dont have a problem with that because im quite impressed with these signing.

I will admit if he's having a say in the playing side of things then i think thats wrong and will probably not work.

Look, we get it that some Leigh fans are just like the rest of us - dyed in the wool, always see the bright side, there rain or shine etc.

But come on. You can't be happy with recent events and the ones to unfold. In the last few weeks you've lost your coach, his dad on the board and your star player. And your star signing has the 'flu' for 2 weeks now.

Tell it like it is boys and see the RL fans switch from mocking you to backing you.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

The coach leaving wasnt good i'll give you that but the rest isnt bothering me that much.

Alan Rowley retired early because he doesnt want to be piggy in the middle  imo

If Rangi has head problems "or what ever" then the club needs to work with him to sort it out,at the moment im not overly fussed about it.

Brierley has been leaving Leigh every week almost from the day Koukash walked through the door at Salford and he's still here,that said,should he go to Leeds or Huddersfield he'd go with my best wishes.

On another note its been 24hrs since sky told the world he was leaving,has anything been said since from either party?

The coach leaving wasnt good i'll give you that but the rest isnt bothering me that much.

Alan Rowley retired early because he doesnt want to be piggy in the middle  imo

If Rangi has head problems "or what ever" then the club needs to work with him to sort it out,at the moment im not overly fussed about it.

Brierley has been leaving Leigh every week almost from the day Koukash walked through the door at Salford and he's still here,that said,should he go to Leeds or Huddersfield he'd go with my best wishes.

On another note its been 24hrs since sky told the world he was leaving,has anything been said since from either party?

So, to sum up...

- not fussed about hero coach leaving

- not fussed about legend player and administrator leaving

- not fussed about star player leaving

- not fussed star signing not playing

All good then. Nowt to see here...

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Leigh statement just out.

4 weeks notice doesn't apply

Under contract to November 

He's going nowhere.

Lawyers will win on this one I think.

http://www.leighcenturions.com/news/978

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Leigh statement just out.

4 weeks notice doesn't apply

Under contract to November

He's going nowhere.

Lawyers will win on this one I think.

Also suggesting an offer from Bradford until the end of the season. Interesting.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

So, to sum up...

- not fussed about hero coach leaving

- not fussed about legend player and administrator leaving

- not fussed about star player leaving

- not fussed star signing not playing

All good then. Nowt to see here...

Yeah thats pretty close to how i feel about whats gone on at the club so far.

There are bigger and more important people at the club than those people,should they start leaving then my opinions will change

Bless whoever wrote that statement. It's not really very professional.

I assume it's the same person who is still dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the Gaskell deal. They seem a little slow in that neck of the woods.

People called Romans they go the house

It appears the club is implodeing somewhat, hardly a surprise given the manner in which the club has behaved in the last couple of years in regards to being over confrontational.

Reading the Leigh website I don't think this little matter will ameliorate the relationship between Mr Beaumont and Bradford.

The Bulls signing a talismanic half from one of their biggest rivals with a not entirely clear contract dispute? What can possibly go wrong?!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

So,is the punishment for 'tapping up' in any way similar to that for 'breaching the salary cap'?

Answers on a postcard to Marc Green,c/o The Provident Stadium.Odsal etc...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Ryan Brierley has spoken for the first time since being suspended by Leigh Centurions, and has denied the claims made by the club. The Centurions dramatically revealed that Brierley was forbidden from

The post Brierley hits back after Leigh suspension appeared first on Rugby League News, Forum & Features.

View the full article on TotalRL.com

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

Archived