Ryan Brierley

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a good quote because all the press angle has been supportive of Brierley at a time when he writes for TRL and has a lot of other media connections, someone else putting their head on the line other than Rowley\Brierley\Beaumont is a bit of an eye opener.

Bottom line is the lad wants out, and he is likely to go, and if I was Beaumont I would take the cash. Leeds might want him but they will wait until the end of the year and get him for nothing

The giants have offered cash, and I would suspect Brierley would take a 4 year deal for SL football where a club could look to build around him in future years as opposed to slotting in at Leeds in a number of temporary roles as Leeds have a load of good players waiting in the wings ready to go as their injury "crisis" shows

Beaumont should do a Koucash and retrieve some cash from the deal, good bit of business, its not about principles now or damage limitation - daft approach if he is going to throw good money after bad in the courts

If he has backed Chase when he has yet again 'transgressed' in some way, that's his affair, but it would take more than that alone for Rowley to walk unless he had another agenda as well, which is now seemingly touted as the Toronto franchise

So Brierley is the tip of an iceberg at Leigh, but they are still on the field and winning, so if I was a fan I would want it all resolved so I could get back to the rugby please!

As noted interesting shots of Rowley Brierley and other members of the Leigh squad at the televised Sky match the other night - whether it was meant or not that sort of thing sends out a very powerful message and I hope people don't get burned because of it - I cant see anyone coming out of this entirely clean!

but is it purely money? Jukes was referring to being asked for £15k more as a specific club had approached him to the seasons end with a good offer, RB denied this accusing Jukes of being a liar. Notice Ryan had been shown joining some SL players in a racing syndicate - maybe he needs the extra money now and decided on the bluff.

It is vital for our sport contracts are binding, with fees involved to break them

Thanks for the moderation but it's primarily about Ryan Brierley leaving Leigh.

Obviously Brierley has stated again and again he wants to play Superleague with Leigh.

But he now wants to play Superleague with a current Superleague club.

So the system is very relevant to Ryan Brierley because it doesn't work for Ryan Brierley.

Which means any other quality player in the championship now needs to make sure their contracts don't tie them to clubs who are tied to the Championship through the system.

Is that OK??

I do take the point about introducing Bradfords chances of promotion, I'll leave that at no chance and edit it out for you.

EDIT - Bradford have been expunged from the post for you.

Where has Brierley stated that he's leaving leigh because the current system doesn't work? From what I've read he wants to leave because he isn't happy with certain things that are happening within the club, according to beaumont he's even weighing up an offer from Bradford.

Your just speculating like always and stating it as fact to try and push your agenda about the current system

That isn't a great quote at all - referencing Jeremy Kyle - really?

Yep.

It's a terrible quote that reflects badly on Brierley and much worse on Jukes and the Leigh club.

People called Romans they go the house

A much more considered response from Jukes this morning. Worth a read . http://www.totalrl.com/jukes-leigh-centurions-ryan-brierley/

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Why - he has been publicly called a liar and seems to have the evidence to prove otherwise, I would be very peed if it was me.

Nice to see Bradford denying making a move for Ryan and that it just cropped up in a conversation with his agent - todays rag

Getting more laughable by the day to be fair. Jukes seems a bit of a puppet for DB to be fair and from the outer seems he was only put in place so DB can play coach behind the scenes, as no matter whats said in public i think he is very lucky to have that job and its an extremely tough ask for someone with no head coach experience to deal with the type of characters at Leigh at the minute. Shame whats going on there to be fair from 2 years ago loads of local lads being coached well running super league sides close and winning the hearts of the neutrals to now having a load of over paid prima donnas trying to chase the dream quickly rather than sensibly and the arrgance thats come along with it

Why - he has been publicly called a liar and seems to have the evidence to prove otherwise, I would be very peed if it was me.

Nice to see Bradford denying making a move for Ryan and that it just cropped up in a conversation with his agent - todays rag

What if ryan is telling the truth? There must be something happening within the club for your coach leave and star player to wanting out both for the similer reasons, also a board member retiring earlier plus rumours about other player issues. Someone's certainly lieing, hopefully the facts will come out soon. It needs Brierley or Rowley to come out with what their actual reasons for leaving are.

I don't agree. The topic of RB is a simple one. The press gets told he has a clause in his contract should Rowley leave, Ryan says he wants to see his contract out, Ryan then resigns after asking for more money the night before, Ryan then gets this leaked onto Sky whilst the club are taking legal advice, LRL issue a statement, RB accuses Jukes of Lying, Jukes takes offence to that

A bit more is definitely going on but the actions of Paul and Ryan seem to be very strange considering what the club and individual has done for them

I don't agree. The topic of RB is a simple one. The press gets told he has a clause in his contract should Rowley leave, Ryan says he wants to see his contract out, Ryan then resigns after asking for more money the night before, Ryan then gets this leaked onto Sky whilst the club are taking legal advice, LRL issue a statement, RB accuses Jukes of Lying, Jukes takes offence to that

A bit more is definitely going on but the actions of Paul and Ryan seem to be very strange considering what the club and individual has done for them

Can this all be traced back to the flu-ridden Rangi?  Has an incident involving him triggered this domino effect of problems, departures and unrest?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Can this all be traced back to the flu-ridden Rangi?  Has an incident involving him triggered this domino effect of problems, departures and unrest?

That seems to be a regular theory from outside the town, but the timing seems out for Pauls departure, which has triggered everything else. If Paul was anti chase signing then my respect would have been him taking his action in November. The Canada rumour is my opinion and Paul married into a wealthy family so won't need the cash or need to towe the line

I think the club needs to look at hiring a new press officer to help with putting out statements because the recent ones have been poorly worded and don't look professional which isn't helping leigh or the chairman's image

Have been saying this for ages.

I sometimes wonder how many issues are caused by the club vs how many are handled badly. Neither reflect particularly well, but the getting someone in to give a steer on how to handle things that are in the media (both traditional and social) will be a start to improving the latter.

Hello all first post, Leeds fan & been a reader for a while but never bothered joining in before so here goes.

If what I have just been told is true it puts a whole new slant on this story. One of my friends is a freelance camera man and works for Sky Sports and he has just told me Ryan Brierley told Sky Sports what seat he would be sitting in at the Salford game and the camera guys knew where to be pointing the camera.

If he is rumoured to be coming to us then it's not a great start to his career.

Hello all first post, Leeds fan & been a reader for a while but never bothered joining in before so here goes.

If what I have just been told is true it puts a whole new slant on this story. One of my friends is a freelance camera man and works for Sky Sports and he has just told me Ryan Brierley told Sky Sports what seat he would be sitting in at the Salford game and the camera guys knew where to be pointing the camera.

If he is rumoured to be coming to us then it's not a great start to his career.

Mmmm that's interesting because he was stood behind the sticks in the South stand and there isn't any seating in there.

Archived