YML Dual Reg

I think this is the wrong level for dual registered players. League 1 players in the premier division may work, but would be weird if Siddal A and York Acorn A can play professionals but their first team can't

Good Morning All

As you aware each club in the Yorkshire Men’s League was given 1 vote on whether the league should run dual registration in 2016. The closing date for this vote was last Friday 26th February. Clubs voted in favour of dual registration at a ratio  just over 2:1.

The next stages of the process are as follows

·         Professional clubs asked to nominate players they wish to dual register (players on match terms only). Clubs running reserve sides are not eligible to dual register with the community game.

·         These will be collated by Operations and the community club these players signed their professional contract from identified

·         We will then communicate this information to the relevant community club.

·         It is the community clubs decision if they wish to dual register these players

·         Any players dual registered to a club in the National Conference League can only play with the clubs Yorkshire Men’s League side.

We will be in touch with clubs once we have done the first 2 points listed above.

Players on match terms only have already been able to play for community clubs as the restrictions on playing professional players was always aimed at contracted players. If the DR doesn't include them (contracted) then there's not really much of a change is there?

For those that did not vote was this classed as acceptance as they tried to do in the NCL

You can't make it up really rejected by NCL and the NWC but it appears forced on the YML, personally I would like to see regional under 23s, where they could play against players of a similar standard, I don't see any benifit to a pro player playing outside of the YML premier

So it appears

Doncaster Toll Bar (May benifit)

Sharlston (May benefit)

Illingworth (??)

Norland (won't benifit)

West Bowling (May benifit)

Beverley (Won't benifit)

Hull Wyke (won't benifit)

Mirfield (won't benifit)

York Acorn (May benifit)

Siddal (??)

Are we really that desperate for quality players

As you say when some sides NCL teams didn't have a game and 1st team players played in the A side the scores stood out a mile off.

Perhaps it would be better to limit the dual Reg players to under 23s. That was they can train and develop with the championship sides and still get game time on a weekend.

When this was first mentioned I believed it could work for NCL teams as the players going back to their previous amateur club would give them a good standard of rugby.

I just don't see how this can work with players moving back and playing for the reserve team of their amateur club, the standard will be too low for them to gain anything and the team wont gain as you could end up going back to playing like an under 13 team where they give it to the best player and rest don't get as involved.

Im also not sure if the professional clubs will send any players as there are no positives to this for them either.

Like I said I supported it fro NCL but this just makes the RFL look stupid it should have never been offered to the YML

So the YML voted to accept the DR, wonder if the RFL overseen the vote and collected them for them,  just to make sure everything was done correctly and above board and nothing underhand  stopping the yes vote for DR getting passed,

Archived