Bulldogs go top!

Supertyke

SL beckons maybe?

Let us enjoy this brief moment of satisfaction BSJ.

We know this will not last too long.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Yes it's a nice feeling, I'm not interested in SL and it's prima donna's, lets keep it real.

Also it was nice meeting Redditch Bulldog along with Distant Dog.

Cheers Roger.

Next week is massive for us. Bulls will have had an extra weeks rest but the way we have been so far I think it will be decided in the last 20

A week's extra rest or a week less to gel?. It's too early in the season to need a rest, I reckon the week off will go in our favour n the Bulls will be rusty.Can't wait till next Sunday already.

SL beckons maybe?

Whilst I realise bsj is baiting the trap and I have watched us long enough to have my feet firmly on the ground and I'm still in the mindset of avoiding relegation is a good season. At what point do we stop waiting for the bubble to burst? IF we win next week perhaps?

Wonder how long you will need to stay top to get the "2010 supporter for a day"  brigade off their sorry @rses and out of the town centre pubs to give the team the support they deserve? Top four looks a distinct possibility to me.  :(

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

In the recent past, today's game would have been most definitely the sort of game we would lose (as a few of us were discussing prior to kick-off), especially after a sequence like we've just had, but this current squad is different.  We've had a good defence for some time now, but not a lot going forward.  With the introduction of Walker, Brambani, Cowling, Ulugia and a rejuvenated Southernwood and Ainscough, that has now changed.  One or two, me included, said we could bother the top 4 this season (and got ridiculed!) but I've seen nothing to change that view.

This is a damn good team, and they are capable of doing very well in a league where no result can be taken for granted anymore.

Confidence is coursing through that team.

Cracking performance in nullifying their threat then taking the game away from them.

We look a real threat near their line, Chris Ulugia is a beast to stop, and to have 4 pivots on top form is a joy to watch. The forwards ran with pace and power, and great to see Alex Brown flying down that slope again.

JK must be a very happy man. He will be as satisfied tonight as any of the previous wins.

Biggest game so far next week, but those lads will give it a right go, make no mistake.

In the recent past, today's game would have been most definitely the sort of game we would lose (as a few of us were discussing prior to kick-off), especially after a sequence like we've just had, but this current squad is different.  We've had a good defence for some time now, but not a lot going forward.  With the introduction of Walker, Brambani, Cowling, Ulugia and a rejuvenated Southernwood and Ainscough, that has now changed.  One or two, me included, said we could bother the top 4 this season (and got ridiculed!) but I've seen nothing to change that view.

This is a damn good team, and they are capable of doing very well in a league where no result can be taken for granted anymore.

you have forgot one of the best signings we have made for years Mr scott at fullback , safe as houses, great player who will get better

you have forgot one of the best signings we have made for years Mr scott at fullback , safe as houses, great player who will get better

Dead right Zaz Scotty is on the money safe as houses.

Sammut repeatedly tested him and he came up trumps every time

Your top of the league & quite rightly so,to beat 3 of the 4 top four sides from last season is no fluke. As we only lost by 1pt against Fev & you lost by 2pts does that make us a better side than you lol

Ha ha Graham,very droll

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

It's looking really good for the Bulldogs at the moment and we are playing some good stuff all over the pitch. From JK's comments in the press and watching the lads yesterday I think John Heaton is starting to prove his worth once again. We still looked fit and fresh at fulltime where Town looked knackered. Looking forward to the Bulls and hopefully seeing JC return to the mount.

PS - Alex Brown :bb:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived