11 Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (TV)

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • Leeds Rhinos

Apart from there being no injury of course. :rolleyes:

Bad news for him/her (wasn't entirely clear).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news for him/her (wasn't entirely clear).

Really clutching at straws there picking up on some ironic jeering at a Leads player slipping over.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I have often wondered about the wisdom of interviewing rugby players straight after the end of a game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Think someone will be on a media skills/conduct course next week!

I wish more would, some players media skills are non existent and I'm not just referring to Wigan players. I can still barely understand a word that Bateman says and I'm from Yorkshire

Leeds for sure look like they are a bottom 4 team at the moment.     Not sure return of injured players will make a huge difference.   Mcguire for sure will improve the attacking but even against Warrington with him in the team they where poor attacking and didn't cause many problems.  Ablett and Delaney are sorely missed and should help shore up the defensive tackling amd ability to make some yards..

Never-the-less Sutcliffe and Lilley may well be one's for the future but playing together they ain't the one's for today but they have no further cover.  Burrows falters to deceive at times and isn't at his best. Nor are any of the backs but then silly errors, penalties make it difficult to compete.  Gosh Ferres was the first to give a penalty, I won that obvious bet - he is a penalty machine.

Best player for Leeds was Keinhorst by a mile.... Now given he was a fringe player and out to Hunslet tells us where Leeds are.

I honestly don't know if Wigan where that good but where miles better than Leeds. They where helped by awful kicking and supporting defence lines from Leeds.  Very basic one would have thought yet they don't seem to have the players at the moment to kick well and give the defensive line time to get sorted.   Sutcliffe, Lilley, Falloon and Burrows showed poor field kicking.

Currently my bet that Leeds would be in bottom 4 is looking not as ridiculous as me mates thought.  That being based on the risk they took in not having half-back cover... which after the first game came home to roost.  The rest is just basics plus lack of playing intelligence. I mean who in their right minds when being under severe pressure and a close score line try off-loads on first couple of tackles - well Leeds players did a few times.  Gosh how frustrated must McDermott be.

Leeds for sure look like they are a bottom 4 team at the moment. Not sure return of injured players will make a huge difference. Mcguire for sure will improve the attacking but even against Warrington with him in the team they where poor attacking and didn't cause many problems. Ablett and Delaney are sorely missed and should help shore up the defensive tackling amd ability to make some yards..

Never-the-less Sutcliffe and Lilley may well be one's for the future but playing together they ain't the one's for today but they have no further cover. Burrows falters to deceive at times and isn't at his best. Nor are any of the backs but then silly errors, penalties make it difficult to compete. Gosh Ferres was the first to give a penalty, I won that obvious bet - he is a penalty machine.

Best player for Leeds was Keinhorst by a mile.... Now given he was a fringe player and out to Hunslet tells us where Leeds are.

I honestly don't know if Wigan where that good but where miles better than Leeds. They where helped by awful kicking and supporting defence lines from Leeds. Very basic one would have thought yet they don't seem to have the players at the moment to kick well and give the defensive line time to get sorted. Sutcliffe, Lilley, Falloon and Burrows showed poor field kicking.

Currently my bet that Leeds would be in bottom 4 is looking not as ridiculous as me mates thought. That being based on the risk they took in not having half-back cover... which after the first game came home to roost. The rest is just basics plus lack of playing intelligence. I mean who in their right minds when being under severe pressure and a close score line try off-loads on first couple of tackles - well Leeds players did a few times. Gosh how frustrated must McDermott be.

The halves aren't clicking but they're not the main issue, they're losing the forward battle and the ruck so any halves are going to struggle on the back of that. And their star backs have been poor too. I actually think their biggest loss is Ward

Thought Beau Falloon looked really ordinary, he certainly isn't going to help them

Falloon doesn't look great but still looks a fair better hooking option than Burrows in my opinion. At least he seems to be able to pass from acting half reasonably crisply and not to the receivers head!

Falloon doesn't look great but still looks a fair better hooking option than Burrows in my opinion. At least he seems to be able to pass from acting half reasonably crisply and not to the receivers head!

Shame he can't kick or attack though eh? And is also ordinary in defence. Better than Burrow my ######

The halves aren't clicking but they're not the main issue, they're losing the forward battle and the ruck so any halves are going to struggle on the back of that. And their star backs have been poor too. I actually think their biggest loss is Ward

The halves aren't clicking but I think that is partly down to tactics. Hardaker seems to be getting involved in the middle much more this season; he seems to be the go to man for much of the kicking... Sutcliffe seems to be shunted out to the right much of the time and Lilley out left with little ball due to Burrow consistently scooting and the average pack getting mullered up the middle. Some real issues at Leeds that need sorting pretty quickly.

Wigan were excellent in defence but flatter to deceive in attack. Bateman is an absolute monster... quality player.

Shame he can't kick or attack though eh? And is also ordinary in defence. Better than Burrow my ######

Don't think Burrows kicking game is up to much, he flatters to deceive in attack and he's hardly an asset in defence (limited by his size)! He does the occasional evasive run/break (although these seem to be getting less frequent) and draws the odd penalty granted, I just don't he offers much value all round.

Don't really rate either of them to be fair and as a hooking combination they don't look much cop.

the halves aren't clicking? Not at Wigan, either, in my view.

Archived