Reported Web Forgery.

Anyone having trouble getting on this site?When I do, my Trend Security comes up with this message.

Reported Web Forgery and the following message.

This web page WWW.totalrl.com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got that when I accessed here from my bookmarks. I didn't get it when I googled "total rl" and accessed it via that route without any warnings.

Recently I also noticed that if I google some random RL topic, one of the results I get will be totalrl but when I click on that result, it leads to a completely different site - I should have kept details.

I would have thought this site would be fairly barren for phishing for personal and financial details.

OK so I tested my theory with a random search - "emosi koloto rl"

I got this result as about the 30th result:

English players in Australia 2013 - Page 3 - The General Rugby ...
www.totalrl.com › ... › The General Rugby League Forum

Jan 2, 2013 - English players in Australia 2013. Started by Emosi Koloto, Oct 12 2012 11:51 PM ... the 8TH most successful team in british RL. Back to top ...

clicking this took me to:  http://url4short.info/6a5d9c11

which was also blocked by my AV

I had the same warning this morning from my McAfee system, no matter which way I entered the forums.  It also comes up when I DM John Drake, which I have just done to let him know about the warning.  But there is no sign of the warning on the news pages.

I had problems when I first got my new tablet, before I installed my security, when I came on the forums the place became inundated with ads to the point where I couldn't use the forums at all.  That changed once I installed my security. 

Same here. Can access from my phone but not the laptop.

Seems Hull FC's cra pness has infected the site.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I had problems when I first got my new tablet, before I installed my security, when I came on the forums the place became inundated with ads to the point where I couldn't use the forums at all.  That changed once I installed my security. 

Relevant to that, I'm using exactly the same PC with Firefox since I joined here and using Avast security for the last 12 months. Today was the first time I got the Google warning.

Same here. Can access from my phone but not the laptop.

Seems Hull FC's cra pness has infected the site.

Same here, I tried accessing through my work laptop which goes through a server in Denier and that flagged up the site as unsafe.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Did you come here from a bookmark? or search?

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on www.totalrl.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers or credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on www.totalrl.com. Phishing sitespretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

This is a weird one.  I get that warning on my phone but not my laptop.

I'll forward on to John Drake for him to fix.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I don't think the page freezes. It should still navigate using up/down keys. If you look at the scroll bar down the right side of the screen it has probably disappeared and your mouse won't scroll.

I'm getting the warning, but not on all browsers. There was a different security warning on this site a month or two ago, again, not on all browsers.

Could someone with a grudge be reporting TRL as a dodgy site? As far as phishing is concerned, the forum doesn't ask members for security/card details.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's the response I've just received from the company that looks after the security of our site on our behalf (Sucuri.net) below. So, although there is no problem with our site, we've been stuck on a blacklist that can take several days to be removed from. Infuriating. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but there's not much more we can do than wait now.

The website is looking clean at the moment.

According to our research, www.totalrl.com is clean but it's being flagged by sophos

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/05ed74875a9b8c33089005270f2c2990bd5681bb0b2d951ea78193eb7d664dba/analysis/1457711004/

We've submitted your website to sophos to review and delist from their blacklist (The red warning page). They can take up to several days (3 - 5 business days or more based on the case) to review and process this request.

Also, Google is not reporting any security issues currently for your website: https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/index.html#url=www.totalrl.com

Archived