Todays Games

Wath Brow 24 Egremont 12 (HT 16-12)

Good hard game despite the heavy pitch with some good tries. The Brow's bigger pack and better discipline probably told in the end but I think Egremont may have given them a tougher game than some were expecting

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

From the BBC

Premier Division

Kells 10 Siddal 20

Leigh Miners 24 Rochdale Mayfield 20

Lock Lane 58 York Acorn 12

Pilkington Recs 12 Wigan St Pats 20

Wath Brow 24 Egremont 12

West Hull 20 Hull Dockers 10

Division 1

Featherstone Lions 24 Myton 25

Ince Rose Bridge 46 Underbank 4

Milford 6 Hunslet Warriors 8

Oulton 26 Elland 10

Shaw Cross 12 East Leeds 26

Skirlaugh 36 Millom 2

Division 2

Askham 26 Wigan St Judes 18

Dudley Hill 38 Stanley 10

Hunslet Parkside 34 Stanningley 6

Leigh East 44 Salford City Roosters 12

Saddleworth 42 Blackbrook 10

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Watched Wests V Dockers . Rubbish 1st half from Dockers . Wests should have put Dockers to the sword . Well played to Dockers second half , got themselves back into the game and could have levelled the scores until Wests scored games final try on the full time whistle . Not a lot of open rugby but enjoyed the game .

Same at Pilks today!very scrappy,not a lot of open rugby cos of the heavy,slippy conditions but 2 very committed and enthusiastic teams.St.Pats were the better side and led all the game from 2 early Liam Gannon tries to go 12-0 up and looked the better team overall even though Greg smith and Raz Hilliard had good games.

A great game at Leigh Miners today. Miners came out on top just as they took the chances that came to them. Mayfield had the chances but failed to take them.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Oldham St Annes 28-28 Crosfields

If there was ever a need for TJ's to be at every game this was it. Referee lost track of score which lead to a bit of confusion and awarded a goal to Soap that apparently missed

Good hit out for both teams. OSA seem led to take control early with Crosfields gradually coming back at them all the way through. Confusion with the score (ref said Soap were 2 down) led to Crosfields being camped on the try line at the end turning down change for DG to go for the try - OSA kept them out well

Oldham St Annes 28-28 Crosfields

If there was ever a need for TJ's to be at every game this was it. Referee lost track of score which lead to a bit of confusion and awarded a goal to Soap that apparently missed

Good hit out for both teams. OSA seem led to take control early with Crosfields gradually coming back at them all the way through. Confusion with the score (ref said Soap were 2 down) led to Crosfields being camped on the try line at the end turning down change for DG to go for the try - OSA kept them out well

Refs don't do themselves any favours by choosing to stand next to the kicker and not behind the posts.

This one was moving behind the posts - even more bizzare

Talking of bizzare,I ran the line Saturday 68 years old .The ref told me he was 72 god bless him,56 points scored in match still stiff legs after two baths.Cant wait for next game.The lads keep you young

Wath Brow won a niggly local derby without hitting the form they showed in the Keighley/Toulouse games,Egremonts discipline needs to improve,especially around the ruck area,I can see them struggling this year.

Talking of bizzare,I ran the line Saturday 68 years old .The ref told me he was 72 god bless him,56 points scored in match still stiff legs after two baths.Cant wait for next game.The lads keep you young

Well done , you must have a heart like a Lion , Ref as well. Great story

Refs don't do themselves any favours by choosing to stand next to the kicker and not behind the posts.

Believe or not they are told to stand with the kicker and follow the ball in

I gave that up quite early on and always stood behind the posts until there were proper TJs appointed

Any breakaway length of the field tries?

Believe or not they are told to stand with the kicker and follow the ball in

I gave that up quite early on and always stood behind the posts until there were proper TJs appointed

Seems there was a issue at Batly v Bradford with kick ,only a problem when scores are close.The pro games have neutral touchjudges the amateur game sometimes uses club volenteers  which can cause trouble but by and large people are fair,and players are very respectfull of touchjudges.

Any breakaway length of the field tries?

A total of 10 trys in Saturdays game.One interception about 3/4 length of field on about 60th min I had no chance keeping up but ref did ok,

Its getting back to far end before restart that buggers you up.

A total of 10 trys in Saturdays game.One interception about 3/4 length of field on about 60th min I had no chance keeping up but ref did ok,

Its getting back to far end before restart that buggers you up.

Well done. Seriously

Which game was it?

Intercepts are the worse. You can be 10/15 metres behind play as a ref

Uphill into the wind at restarts. Mount Pleasant was the worse for that

Seems there was a issue at Batly v Bradford with kick ,only a problem when scores are close.The pro games have neutral touchjudges the amateur game sometimes uses club volenteers  which can cause trouble but by and large people are fair,and players are very respectfull of touchjudges.

TJs were in a good position at the Batley game and didn't hesitate etc

Club TJs do sometimes cause problems. I have told some to stop running the line when they have made obviously incorrect calls like not putting flag up for touch when player was 3 metres over line with both feet

Most though are fair and do their best which is all you can ask for

Well done. Seriously

Which game was it?

Intercepts are the worse. You can be 10/15 metres behind play as a ref

Uphill into the wind at restarts. Mount Pleasant was the worse for that

Blackpool Scorpions v Oldham St Annes A.,  Ref a Mr Haigh, a gentleman firm but fair.Had a good chat after game,i could talk all day swapping stories and reminiscing .Its funny how rugby league is close knitt same names come round and round so often.

We (Dudley Hill) had Jamie Barr at the weekend, young lad who controlled the game very well, was very fair on both sides although (and not a fault of his) he sin binned our captain for continual asking, but the captains aren't allowed to speak too much to the refs now supposedly and something they've been told to clamp down on. But very impressed with the way he handled the game

We (Dudley Hill) had Jamie Barr at the weekend, young lad who controlled the game very well, was very fair on both sides although (and not a fault of his) he sin binned our captain for continual asking, but the captains aren't allowed to speak too much to the refs now supposedly and something they've been told to clamp down on. But very impressed with the way he handled the game

Only a short walk back to dressing rooms at Dudley Hill from pitch ,Leigh Miners similar.But some grounds its a long walk for the officials back to the club house, it must be intimidating sometimes for refs and touchjudges when the home team looses .I offered to escourt one back at OSA a few seasons ago and he said ( what will you do kung foo them ) I thought sod you and walked away in disgust.  

Archived