Josh Crowley

allroughyed

In reply to the comments about team rotation there can't be an argument, but surely there is an argument for playing your strongest team against teams that we have to beat. Josh had to be in that team.

Again looking at rotation where is the sense in getting players fit for other clubs, Bibby from Salford, at the expense of our club players.

To me both are an absolute nonsense.

One final thought, I hope it's not the case, the players are now regularly drawing losing money for working harder could this be a factor in Josh's decision? If it is the case then surely it must addressed before more players begin to feel the same. A suggestion would be give them the winning pay from last season as losing pay this season, with increased attendances the club can afford it.

Maybe he had made his decision before the Worky game and wasn't available for selection. Either way a massive loss for the squad.

Regarding payment for matches, i thought the majority of the lads had signed new contracts before the season started which they must have been happy with and probably included some guaranteed money and payments for every 5 games played etc...  Dont know what win/lose pay was at the club last seson but it would be safe to say there was a big difference and i dont think that it would be viable to be paying out hundreds of pounds for getting beat.

We all need to keep believing in the team and coaches, it was never going to be easy this year and they need us all to be right behind them whatever happens.

With regard to money some players will be on guaranteed money, but nothing like say Halifax will be on.

Others will be on appearance plus win or loose money some will be on win/ loose money only.

Not sure where Crowley lives but if has turned up for training three times last week at his own expense and then had to go to Workington as 18 man which he won't get paid for you can imagine he will not be happy.

You have to remember these are professional players and play for money. I would think quite a few of the players who where around last season will end up earning less money this season than last.

When the Huddersfield injury situation eases and Oldham start bringing in some of their players to help keep them up you have potentially more players who train three times a week then do not get a game and therefore earn nothing.

With regard to money some players will be on guaranteed money, but nothing like say Halifax will be on.

Others will be on appearance plus win or loose money some will be on win/ loose money only.

Not sure where Crowley lives but if has turned up for training three times last week at his own expense and then had to go to Workington as 18 man which he won't get paid for you can imagine he will not be happy.

You have to remember these are professional players and play for money. I would think quite a few of the players who where around last season will end up earning less money this season than last.

When the Huddersfield injury situation eases and Oldham start bringing in some of their players to help keep them up you have potentially more players who train three times a week then do not get a game and therefore earn nothing.

But they sign on knowing all this. And in Josh's case, he has had the longest run of all of them! 

All this talk about Crowley, there hasn't been anything in the chron or anywhere else for that matter.So how true is it?

Clubs often don't publicise when a player unilaterally decides to Jack it in as they hope that the player might attract interest and a transfer fee from a third party.Saying he has packed it in means no possibility of a transfer fee coming down the pipeline.Hence the silence.

I dont get why people think they are owed an explanation, as to why they parted company? Surely its a private matter between Josh and the club, as to why it happened.

If you left your job for whatever reason, particularly if it was because of bad feeling from one party or another, would you want everyone knowing about it?

sorry guys, i didnt mean to come across as harsh (not having a good day, but still no excuse)

who knows whats gone on behind closed doors huh?

least it didnt involve a domestic pet like some rugby players seem to like to mix with...... :O

Archived