Rochdale & Spotland

Rob

Well FC united have proved you can have your own stadium. And Swinton a club who understand the pitfalls of being a tenant have finally started on the first steps to building their own ground. So it can be done.

I didn't say it couldn't be done - just not that common - there's not a mad rush of clubs trying to buy their grounds back

Swinton a issues were that they never secured a "home" and we're very much nomads after leaving Station Road

Well FC united have proved you can have your own stadium. And Swinton a club who understand the pitfalls of being a tenant have finally started on the first steps to building their own ground. So it can be done.

Swinton - and Oldham's - issue was that they never had a long-term plan beyond 'finding somewhere to play right now'.

At least a 25 year lease builds in a bit of security.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Swinton - and Oldham's - issue was that they never had a long-term plan beyond 'finding somewhere to play right now'.

At least a 25 year lease builds in a bit of security's

Spotland is definitely the best place for Hornets;  I think?. I was just asking hypothetical questions about certain scenarios that may crop up in the future. It's something I've always done, risk assessed anything I get involved with.  

But on here that isn't allowed. You must follow the mantra. You must never question the wisdom of those who know better. 

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

At least a 25 year lease builds in a bit of security.

It's very much nothing to see here. Rochdale Hornets will carry on playing at Spotland as they have done for quite some time. This change will impact them very little.

It's wonderful to see the growth of the game in and around Manchester.

There are obviously a lot of people working hard to make a success of our great game.

I hope there is a good turnout and a good game.

Note to MancRL

Could you let us know how it goes and what sort of turnout there is?

We got hammered by Bury Broncos tonight, The crowd was a respectable 358 official paying supporters. Not a bad crowd for a NWML 2 game.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Sorry just skimmed past most of the playing around with each other here, will this ground allow the club to climb as high as they can take the club, if they were to win the championship in say 4 years time, is ground up to SL standard?

Spotland seems to be one if the better stadiums for lower league clubs. Would probably be suitable for SL if Rochdale ever got promoted to the top flight.

Aside from Rochdale, what other lower-league stadiums would be SL quality? I'm thinking Leigh, Halifax, Doncaster, NW Crusaders, Bradford.

Spotland is definitely the best place for Hornets; I think?. I was just asking hypothetical questions about certain scenarios that may crop up in the future. It's something I've always done, risk assessed anything I get involved with.

But on here that isn't allowed. You must follow the mantra. You must never question the wisdom of those who know better.

Your opening comment was:

Whichever way you look at it, it can't be a good long term deal for 'Hornets'.... Being a tenant of anyone isn't long term security.

Rochdale Hornets should be planning now, to start the process of building their own fit for purpose stadium with a view to being in there within ten years. Or one day they might have the rug pulled from beneath them and they can't say they weren't warned.

They weren't questions. The first was a stated opinion (so you'd already answered your hypothetical questions to come to this conclusion).

A long term lease is pretty good long term security. That's why they call it long term. You can't just break a lease for no reason, so the football club can't just kick them out. You are free to ask any questions you like, but the ones you asked you probably could have answered yourself. From the very first post to the questions, it can't across as negative.

From what I've read, it's positive.

Hornets get a better deal and long term security.

RFL get money from the deal to put into investing and developing other facilities (possibly your own club).

What's not to like? We'd all like to ideally own our own premises, but that wasn't an option for Hornets and it's not like they had it before (it was the RFL's share). I feel like this is the "football/rugby union clubs are evil" sort of reaction.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

We got hammered by Bury Broncos tonight, The crowd was a respectable 358 official paying supporters. Not a bad crowd for a NWML 2 game.

That's a brilliant crowd.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Your opening comment was:

They weren't questions. The first was a stated opinion (so you'd already answered your hypothetical questions to come to this conclusion).

A long term lease is pretty good long term security. That's why they call it long term. You can't just break a lease for no reason, so the football club can't just kick them out. You are free to ask any questions you like, but the ones you asked you probably could have answered yourself. From the very first post to the questions, it can't across as negative.

From what I've read, it's positive.

Hornets get a better deal and long term security.

RFL get money from the deal to put into investing and developing other facilities (possibly your own club).

What's not to like? We'd all like to ideally own our own premises, but that wasn't an option for Hornets and it's not like they had it before (it was the RFL's share). I feel like this is the "football/rugby union clubs are evil" sort of reaction.

You know, life really is to short for all this nonsense. I'm going to try to read more of other peoples posts, and post a lot less myself.

I've come to the conclusion the less I say and write, the better.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Spotland seems to be one if the better stadiums for lower league clubs. Would probably be suitable for SL if Rochdale ever got promoted to the top flight.

Aside from Rochdale, what other lower-league stadiums would be SL quality? I'm thinking Leigh, Halifax, Doncaster, NW Crusaders, Bradford.

We did - and it was (1990).

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Sorry just skimmed past most of the playing around with each other here, will this ground allow the club to climb as high as they can take the club, if they were to win the championship in say 4 years time, is ground up to SL standard?

We hosted Fiji v Ireland at the last world cup with a 9,000 sell-out - so yes: and then some. Definitely a better facility than wakefield and Castleford.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Hahaha. Rattle the cage. And it's hilarious.

Back to the thread. I don't think in the long term it's in the benefit of any Rugby League club to be the tenant of a Football club or RU club. It can work out OK in the short term. And many of these arrangements are workable. But they'll always be at the wim of their landlords.

But as I've already said, good luck to Hornets and if everyone at RH's are happy with the deal...........So am I.

I think your posts are rather ironic considering Manc Rangers ground is at the whim of a council cutting back in sports subsidies. I'd suggest that the hornet's 25 year lease is more secure than any tied to council funding ( like yours)

Archived