Hunslet 48, Doncaster 6

Hawkwindbag

I take the silence on here this week as satisfaction then!

Certainly hard to predict this season, but on Friday we were on top pretty much from the first minute to the last. Ironic that although we've terminated the agreement with Leeds, the spectre of Dual Reg lives on, with the loss against Rochdale heavily influenced by their Warrington contingent and then Doncaster's lack of Hull players supposedly playing a part in Friday's result. Personally I don't see how they could have affected the outcome, even though they played over half the game with 12 men we never really looked like losing.

And a simple gameplan really, getting on top down the middle with strong forward play and then shifting it left where we have the players to do some real damage at this level. I make that ten tries in five games for Barnett.

Still puzzled as to the inconsistency so far though, with two of the worst performances in recent memory immediately followed by two of the best. For now I'm quite happy to give Bramald credit for working out what to do to fix the problems after a howler of a performance, which if we're being honest was something Eaton rarely managed to achieve.

His next challenge is to stop the howlers occurring in the first place ...

Well I take my hat off, we finally won on a Friday & Barnett got 4 tries.

I couldn't go but did Mvududu have a hand in them?

He has got to take credit so far this season as he has been laying them on a plate like a classic centre should.

Regarding DR, my belief is come end of th season we will be stronger when these teams will be exposed again when they won't be allowed to play DR. While our team will be playing as a unit & our players will be match ready.

Where has everybody gone on this forum,i was having problems getting on here for a while ,is there something wrong with the site,it should,nt be,like this at this time of year,the silence is deafening. 

I got a message on my computer saying that this site could be risky because of spyware etc, so watch what you use. Therefore I haven't been using it since then.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Most of the Hunslet fans now use Facebook to post, especially The Ultras who have their own group. You can join Hunslet Supporters Through and Through group. A lot of the old posters on here have now given up and don't go to games anymore which is a real shame

where has my last posting gone ?

was less than 10 mins ago 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

The forum has been "playing up" from time to time, a couple of times over the close season I tried to add something and it didn't post - but logged me out instead! Fortunately the problem seems to have gone away since the season started. The "blacklisting" of the site a week or so back was a mistake which I believe has now been rectified.

I think there's little doubt that forums like these are dying a slow death sadly. It's not just ours, the likes of Barrow and York don't get anything like the traffic they did five years ago, and yesterday I was looking at the Keighley forum ahead of the game (they tend to use the rlfans one) and it looks like the same story on there too.

Not interested in Facebook, I come on these forums to get news and views on Rugby League, not to learn what you're all having for your tea tonight or who you're going out with ... 

I was having problems loging on but seems ok now, well its match day and the sun is out and no gale force wind blowing so lets have more of the same from the Donny game. Stop Handforth and we stop Keighley ! A big rap to Ritchie Barnett 10 tries in 5 games some great finishing from a proven try scorer.

Hows 123 Danny T been playing?

Danny got mom in RL Express last week against Donny, whilst I didn't quite agree with that we know from our game down at Gloucester 2 year ago just how talented DT is, with an extended run in the team now im expecting big things from him.

The forum has been "playing up" from time to time, a couple of times over the close season I tried to add something and it didn't post - but logged me out instead! Fortunately the problem seems to have gone away since the season started. The "blacklisting" of the site a week or so back was a mistake which I believe has now been rectified.

I think there's little doubt that forums like these are dying a slow death sadly. It's not just ours, the likes of Barrow and York don't get anything like the traffic they did five years ago, and yesterday I was looking at the Keighley forum ahead of the game (they tend to use the rlfans one) and it looks like the same story on there too.

Not interested in Facebook, I come on these forums to get news and views on Rugby League, not to learn what you're all having for your tea tonight or who you're going out with ...

You are totally wrong about Facebook. There are many pages you can join that talk about all things RL. The one run by Les Hoole in particular has a lot about Hunslet. Facebook is a kind of forum. There are even former Hunslet players adding value like Keith Mason and Andy Bateman recently

Archived