Foundation Welcome Dean Sharp

Dons News

The Club Doncaster Foundation are delighted to welcome new community officer Dean Sharp to the team.

Dean will be tasked with increasing engagement in sport and physical activity participation by children and young people across Doncaster, using the Doncaster Rovers and Doncaster Rugby League brands to inspire the Doncaster communities. 

Through the Foundation's already established Schools Sport programme, and a range of community based sports projects, Dean will be leading the team to provide high quality sports provision across the town.

For the last four years Dean has been involved in sport development in York working with young people and adults.

Speaking about his new role Dean said: “Sport forms an integral part to every child’s health and well-being as they are growing up and something I have personally learnt a lot from.

“Through sport there are lots of educational factors in there such as discipline and team working which are really beneficial for the future and hopefully we can help to achieve that.

“Using my experience hopefully I can help to grow our programme so that it is the flagship project that all schools and young people want to participate in.

“I’m over the moon to be here and hopefully I can do the Foundation proud.”

Marie Hepburn Community Manager added: “On behalf of myself and the Community team we are delighted to have Dean join us at the Foundation and look forward to seeing some of his exciting ideas come to fruition. 

Dean has a really strong background in Sports Development and is as passionate as we are about providing sporting opportunities for the young people of Doncaster. 

Dean joined us last Monday and has already fitted straight into the team- there’s a real buzz around the community office and everyone is really looking forward to getting some new and innovative projects off the ground.”

For more information on how your school can get involved with the Foundation, or to find out about what is happening in your area, contact dean.sharp@clubdoncasterfoundation.co.uk or call the Community Team on 01302 764663

View the full article

Archived