Good Friday predictions.

The Voodooguru

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite all the end of the world stuff on here I'm going for our lads to stand up and be counted.

A Town win with a Sammut drop goal to win it 30-31!

Don't think we have 30 points in us at the minute, so hopefully 11-10

If we finally play at to our capabilities then the Haven Vikings 20 TOWN 26. we have a bigger pack to boss the middle and we have matty callum and jarrod to hurt them. We need to be smarter with the ball in hand and need improved disapline with no silly penalties. players are well up for it I am told.

If we finally play at to our capabilities then the Haven Vikings 20 TOWN 26. we have a bigger pack to boss the middle and we have matty callum and jarrod to hurt them. We need to be smarter with the ball in hand and need improved disapline with no silly penalties. players are well up for it I am told.

Is Callum playing?

If aye gets to run at the same people stood in the same gap as last year we could have problems ..

I'd actually name Sammut at 13 in this game and put Doran and Phillips in from the start - pressure would be on Doran from the start playing in his home town .. Forber sub 9 but in reality put Phillips there ... Those 3 can provide a foil for Sammut allowing his space where he wants

Id also play Karl olstrom at 4.. We sure of defence up I think we can score points -

If aye gets to run at the same people stood in the same gap as last year we could have problems ..

I'd actually name Sammut at 13 in this game and put Doran and Phillips in from the start - pressure would be on Doran from the start playing in his home town .. Forber sub 9 but in reality put Phillips there ... Those 3 can provide a foil for Sammut allowing his space where he wants

Id also play Karl olstrom at 4.. We sure of defence up I think we can score points -

This sounds like a Monty Python script -never heard such unmitigated tripe in all my life. All you need to complete this fantasy is Phil Vievers rolling back the years and pulling on the full back shirt -naturally he would run over Elliot for a hat-trick and Buffer would convert them all blind-fold just to rub it in. Then Alf Tupper would emerge from the Kells end -fresh from his shift at the treacle mines and back-heel a drop goal from the half-way line as a final act of Jambo humiliation!   :rtfm:

I cant see much changing the squad from last week as injuries dictate and why would you make major untried reshuffles in a derby ? I'd also be surprised if Alex is picked after such a long spell without match sharpness , theres Cumbrian pride at stake so there should be a bigger full blooded effort , at least one would think .

another puzzling thing about all the doom and gloom merchants is that last season Leigh actually shipped 50 against town at the zebra claims on towns home ground when town had wigan dr and sammut playing , town only managing to score 2 tries yet town scored 3 tries at leigh at the weekend so whats changed so drastically in your view that town are even worse today ?

No major changes in there - we don't play with a 13 normally just an extra prop so what's the difference ?

End of the day men Sammut is our go to man .. Halifax / Sheffield / Leigh aren't bothered about him .. They will score more than us even with his 2 tries - if I was coyle I'd have someone hit Sammut every time the ball was near whether legal or not - putting him

At 13 and having him being able to find space eases pressure on him , stack at centre will happen - olstrom has disappeared into a hole of covering positions .. If we want perry standing up versus aye then so be it .. Least olstrom would make is tackles, Liam Mcavoy starting at prop please where he should be .. We aren't able to steamroller packs which warrants picking an extra prop no more :)

Be suprised if callum plays Friday. Doran maybe in his place off the bench.

Carter in for forester. Wouldn't swap and change too many for such an important game. This is not the time to tinker and unsettle people with positions regardless of previous results.

The lads haven't let us down before in the derby, hopefully that doesn't change.

Haven 22 - 28 town

It wont matter much who defends on the edges on Friday , Mossop/ Hulme / Perry/Carter etc etc they  are more than capable of looking after JJP & Taylor its Whitehavens go forward and speed of the PTB that will kill you . Win the contact and slow the PTB and your in with a chance . Carry on letting teams play the ball twice as quick as yourselves and its no wonder teams are able to hit stretched edges. Carberry & Gore will rip shreds out of you if you let them.

Can anyone recall once ,so far this year you have actually stretched a defence and had and overs line , that must happen on Friday as you ain't got the grunt to go through them up the middle . And Callum has got to play  

No space on that pitch pal

Hence why id have back rowers in the centre ..

Taylor doesn't bother me its Dion aye that does near the line .. Match Phillips with Dave Allen

Brocklebank gore plus carberry is plenty of options

Mcavoy at 13 means one less threat with ball in hand

If we must start olstrom at 13 to fire it up lol

It wont matter much who defends on the edges on Friday , Mossop/ Hulme / Perry/Carter etc etc they are more than capable of looking after JJP & Taylor its Whitehavens go forward and speed of the PTB that will kill you . Win the contact and slow the PTB and your in with a chance . Carry on letting teams play the ball twice as quick as yourselves and its no wonder teams are able to hit stretched edges. Carberry & Gore will rip shreds out of you if you let them.

Can anyone recall once ,so far this year you have actually stretched a defence and had and overs line , that must happen on Friday as you ain't got the grunt to go through them up the middle . And Callum has got to play

i know you have a good knowledge but we have as much go forward as them mate.we just haven't been showing it for some reason so far.yes we need to win the contact and I feel we have the players to do that. They should be just as worried about matty,callum (if fit) and sammut ripping shreds out of them like JS did last season up there. Gore has never done much against us but I am sure PV will be giving instructions of who to restrict.

No space on that pitch pal

Hence why id have back rowers in the centre ..

Taylor doesn't bother me its Dion aye that does near the line .. Match Phillips with Dave Allen

Brocklebank gore plus carberry is plenty of options

Mcavoy at 13 means one less threat with ball in hand

If we must start olstrom at 13 to fire it up lol

Karl , Carter & Callum , Stack  HAVE to be in the side. Personally I would play Perry in the centre BUT on the other side with Brett and play Mossop with Stack & Forber , Id put Hulme on the bench because Perry cant last more than 30mins

Archived