Batley

ramsfandan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never!!! although many in the south stand said what a good game batleys 14th man had!!!

Come on...

Its the players that decide the result of games.

Not the referee.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Never!!! although many in the south stand said what a good game batleys 14th man had!!!

Poor. Your discipline is obviously poor,with plenty of chat going on! Shame, as l thought you had and have the makings of a decent team there!

l agree with the poster above about slowing the play the ball down. We just got on a roll in the first 20 and you did not seem able to slow us down. This was particularly evident from Hirst's and Rowe's PTB's.

2 very harsh sin binnings though Ainscough milked it,and the Grady decision was laughable.

Full credit to batley first 20 mins you killed us can't affotd to give teams 20 point starts and expect to win games.

Wasn't Grady sin binned as a result of a team warning though? If he was, then it doesn't matter what the offence he committed was, he was sin binned as a result of the offences committed by your team previously!

Wasn't Grady sin binned as a result of a team warning though? If he was, then it doesn't matter what the offence he committed was, he was sin binned as a result of the offences committed by your team previously!

Thats correct.

Referee had given them a team warning just before.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

2 very harsh sin binnings though Ainscough milked it,and the Grady decision was laughable.

Full credit to batley first 20 mins you killed us can't affotd to give teams 20 point starts and expect to win games.

dirty play from the rams from the off, farrel.for one never seems to amaze with his dirty play, and that very high shot on alex rowe at the end should of been a straight red after already having two sin bins and a team warning, imo of course

We are struggling with injuries.

The referee was clearly biased.

We could have won had we had 13 men on the pitch for the whole match.

I'm not sure which of these will be trotted out by the coaching staff after the inquest but none of them are good enough. The team selection was questionable - too many lightweights where heavyweights were required. The tackling and positional sense of some players was woeful - again! Passing from dummy half was generally poor. We lack any line speed. We allow quick ptb's with regularity.

Other than that a thoroughly enjoyable match, and I'm sure we can look forward to a string of equally enjoyable games over the coming weeks.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

they was actualy rams fans as one of the rams supporters and forum supporters has mentioned on batleys forum, and expressed tbat it was the 2nd time in a row at tetleys stadium that it has happened, imo of course

He was talking about smoking, not fighting BB, if you read the post on your forum again.

dirty play from the rams from the off, farrel.for one never seems to amaze with his dirty play, and that very high shot on alex rowe at the end should of been a straight red after already having two sin bins and a team warning, imo of course

The eye sees what it wants to see BB. The first sinbin was truly a joke (watch the video) - it was questionable whether it was even worthy of a penalty. The second was on the back of a team warning but the ref was clearly anxious to spot any minor infringement: when did bumping into someone in RL constitute a penalty? The third might have been justifiable if the team penalty was still in operation, which it wasn't, but a straight red? Come on, be sensible.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Within the rules Grady was correctly sin binned following a team warning however the grounds for the penalty were a little questionable to say the least.

I'm gutted we lost but certainly don't blame it solely on the officials but think their second half effort helped.

Groat was perhaps one of the most disappointing forwards for us. Last week between him and Tenby the Bradford pack didn't want to know either of them.

As a season ticket holder what I would like to know is what games are some of our lads going to turn up for? Only those we have to pay extra for like the cup? We gave batley too much respect in the opening 20 and it cost us.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I guess that wht they call him blind side lol

Please explain BB? Both of your previous posts were wrong yet you don't acknowledge that.

the third sin bin should have been a straight red

Why?

Why?

It's difficult to be objective in the heat of the moment but I thought that the incident warranted a red card. Mind you I also thought that Batley were silly running the penalty instead of cooling things down with a goal kick.

It's difficult to be objective in the heat of the moment but I thought that the incident warranted a red card. Mind you I also thought that Batley were silly running the penalty instead of cooling things down with a goal kick.

Me too, as l thought they were wrong not to try to drop a goal when we were six points up near the end before Day scored his try - shows what l know!

We lack any line speed. We allow quick ptb's with regularity.

Surely that's coaching? I can't remember a Dewsbury tackle in the first 20 minutes where you 'won the ruck'. We found the floor on our fronts and played the ball quickly, you didn't seem that interested in turning us onto our backs.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

there were 3 men tackling him and he threw a punch at his head

Unless the video has been doctored it doesn't look that way to me at any rate.

Surely that's coaching? I can't remember a Dewsbury tackle in the first 20 minutes where you 'won the ruck'. We found the floor on our fronts and played the ball quickly, you didn't seem that interested in turning us onto our backs.

No, our coaching is perfect.

He was talking about smoking, not fighting BB, if you read the post on your forum again.

The eye sees what it wants to see BB. The first sinbin was truly a joke (watch the video) - it was questionable whether it was even worthy of a penalty. The second was on the back of a team warning but the ref was clearly anxious to spot any minor infringement: when did bumping into someone in RL constitute a penalty? The third might have been justifiable if the team penalty was still in operation, which it wasn't, but a straight red? Come on, be sensible.

Steady on, BSJ.

Your comments are bordering on bitterness and criticism of match officials.

Not your usual style.

Fwiw I thought at the time the foul on Rowe deserved a red card - but then I may be a little biased.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived