Williams Signs Up

Dons News

<p>Doncaster Rugby League are delighted to confirm the signing of Reece Williams.</p>

<p>The 24-year-old forward joins on a permanent deal until the end of the season following a successful trial period at the club.</p>

<p>Williams, who came through the ranks at Sheffield Eagles has recently been playing university rugby league in Leicester.</p>

<p>The front rower becomes the third trialist to earn himself a contract with the club in 2016 and will compete alongside the likes of Makali Aizue, Connor Scott and Zac Braham for a starting shirt. </p>

<p>He goes straight into Gary Thornton's 19-man squad to face York City Knights on Friday and could make his professional debut at the Keepmoat Stadium. </p>

<p>Speaking about the move Williams said: "I'm very pleased, I get along with all the lads really well, pre-season was really good, along with the start to the campaign.</p>

<p>"I signed at Sheffield when I was 16 and spent five years there and got a couple of first team games and it was a really good experience, but I felt I needed a new challenge and got the opportunity to go down to Leicester.</p>

<p>"I just want to get out there playing some games now, I can bring impact a quick play the ball and I am an all around team player."</p>

<p>Williams is no stranger to fellow forward Scott after the pair spent time together at the Eagles and also feels having Aizue at the Dons will be good for his game.</p>

<p>"I've known Connor for a long time, we played amateur at Hillsbrough, before we both played together at Sheffield, so it is great that we link up again.</p>

<p>"I can learn a lot from Makali in the front row, just by being around him and seeing the little things he does is great for me and he has so much experience.</p>

<p>"I think everyone has gelled together on and off the pitch and there is a really good vibe around the place."</p>

<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><a href="http://www.keepmoatstadium.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx?Productsubtype=DONR&campaigntracking=TboxhomeDONR"target="_blank"><strong>You could see Williams in action against York on Friday! To secure your place click here.</strong></a></span></p>

View the full article

Archived