Predictions for placings now

With the way results are in the first nine games have people changed their views on the top 4, teams for the top8 and the four playing in the middle eights. My shout is

Top four

Wire

Wigan

Hull

Saints

5 to 8

Cats

Cas

Widnes

Leeds

Middle 8s

Salford

Hkr

Wakefield

Giants.

I'm not happy. Just wrote out a couple of sentences for each team, left the page to check out Huddefields next few fixtures (very difficult btw), and came back to find the page had refreshed and everything was gone.

I'm not doing it again so I'll just list my table:

Warrington

Wigan

Hull

Catalans

St Helens

Widnes

Castleford

Salford (possible points deduction not considered)

Leeds

Hull KR

Wakefield

Huddersfield

Top 4:-

Wire

Wigan

Catalans

Hull fc

Middle 4:-

Cas

Saints

Leeds

Widnes

Bottom 4:-

Salford

Hull kr

Huddersfield

Wakefield

The difference between 11th and 5th is only 3 wins. I think it will finish

Warrington

Wigan

St Helens

Hull

Catalans

Leeds

Castleford

Salford

Widnes

Huddersfield

Hull KR

Wakefield

Based on last year (which is all we have to go on with this new system), to finish 6th pre split you would have needed 24 points and a healthy PD. So for Leeds to get there they need to win 10/14 minimum. That wouldn't be easy even for a firing Leeds team.

Based on last year (which is all we have to go on with this new system), to finish 6th pre split you would have needed 24 points and a healthy PD. So for Leeds to get there they need to win 10/14 minimum. That wouldn't be easy even for a firing Leeds team.

I am working on final league positions. Leeds may just scrape into 7/8 at the split but will probably be 6th in SL by the time all the regular fixtures are done. Widnes is a strange one. I would love them to stay at the top but they have such a thin squad they could struggle with injuries. So it could easily be Salford in the bottom 4 if they (Widnes) grab some more wins.

I am working on final league positions. Leeds may just scrape into 7/8 at the split but will probably be 6th in SL by the time all the regular fixtures are done. Widnes is a strange one. I would love them to stay at the top but they have such a thin squad they could struggle with injuries. So it could easily be Salford in the bottom 4 if they (Widnes) grab some more wins.

Fair enough. My prediction was based on 23 rounds, although a 30 round one wouldn't be much different.

Wire

FC

Wigan

Catalans

Widnes

Saints

Huddersfield

Salford

Cas

Leeds

Wakey

KR

FC win the grand final against Wire - Pryce wins MOM

Huddersfield easy run to the CC final v Catalans - not the most inspiring final on paper but would be a good match at that point of the season

Leeds issues appear to be off the field and I would look to a few transfers out of that club in the next month or so and none in - redevelopment of Headingley is the business priority they will survive the middle 8's

Saints are playing get out of jail cards every match and bash and barge wont work at the business end of the season

Sandow is fit - GF - if not possibly Wigan if they don't fall apart through injuries and lack of energy

Catalans are a season away and possibly another coach away from winning the treble - if the players can be ar$%d

I know I will be disagreed with but Leeds are out of the 8 now and the Giants will get back in courtesy of a mid season run (traditional that one!) FC are the big improvers and Catalans the team to beat next year, Wire this year, top four would be an astonishing achievement for Widnes and why not

Cas are already losing that energy battle with a thin squad - threadbare squad = lower position this year

You might expect my bias but the above posts seem remarkably ill educated regarding Hull KR.

Massively hindered by long term injuries in initially a 26 man squad. With the introduction of Academy players we now number 31 with at least 7 ( been 11 or more) first choice players out yet...

we are one of the form teams over the last 4 matches! Beat Salford at their best, lost to Hull by 2 points after leading by 20(Hull being THE form team)lost to Wigan after leading for most of the game with 4 Academy debutants playing, and stuffed Leeds away again with a weakened team.

With key players likely to return one by one over the next 12 weeks and with a new coach hitting the heights this Wembley finalist needs some respect. Everybody thinking we are not even likely to hit 8th place confirms the lack of respect shown by the big 4 teams. Who have we not beaten in the last 18 months?

People are being far too generous to Saints. We won't be anywhere near the top four.

I agree.  I think this season we may struggle to keep a top eight spot, particularly if we are hit with more long term injuries to our first choice team what with the poor quality of our stand ins and the poor quality of the coaching.

You might expect my bias but the above posts seem remarkably ill educated regarding Hull KR.

Massively hindered by long term injuries in initially a 26 man squad. With the introduction of Academy players we now number 31 with at least 7 ( been 11 or more) first choice players out yet...

we are one of the form teams over the last 4 matches! Beat Salford at their best, lost to Hull by 2 points after leading by 20(Hull being THE form team)lost to Wigan after leading for most of the game with 4 Academy debutants playing, and stuffed Leeds away again with a weakened team.

With key players likely to return one by one over the next 12 weeks and with a new coach hitting the heights this Wembley finalist needs some respect. Everybody thinking we are not even likely to hit 8th place confirms the lack of respect shown by the big 4 teams. Who have we not beaten in the last 18 months?

When I made my prediction I looked at where I had placed yourselves and Wakefield and thought, "is that fair given their form since the new coaches came in?"

But the fact is, there is no easy game these days, and just because I've said Rovers will finish 10th that doesn't mean I think they're a bad team. I mean realistically, over the course of a season are you a better team than Widnes, Cas, Leeds or Salford? Because if we assume you will finish ahead of Wakefield and Hudds, and that Wire, Wigan, Hull, Catalans and Saints are out of reach, that means you are going to have to finish ahead of at least two of them. And even if you think you are better than them, by the end of this weekend you will probably by 7 behind Widnes, 5 behind Salford and 4 behind Cas, and Cas have a game in hand.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but it's a big ask.

Last season 10 wins was enough to make the 8. It's reasonable to suggest that it'll be similar this year.

That means Widnes might only need another 4 wins in our remaining 14 games to make the 8. Even if we lose today (which is likely) we've only played 4 home games out of 10.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as pessimistic as anybody when it comes to Widnes but you'd hope that we can get 4 wins out of those 13 games especially when you consider that 7 will be at home and 1 at a neutral venue.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the rest but Hull being THE form team?

I don't think the form team of the league would lose 46-6 at Widnes 2 weeks before playing anybody.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the rest but Hull being THE form team?

I don't think the form team of the league would lose 46-6 at Widnes 2 weeks before playing anybody.

You can make a good case for Hull being the form team now. I don't see anyone else on a 4 game winning streak. But going into the KR game we certainly weren't.

You can make a good case for Hull being the form team now. I don't see anyone else on a 4 game winning streak. But going into the KR game we certainly weren't.

You could indeed but like I said at the time they'd just about arrested a free fall with an unspectacular win against Wakefield.

People were even putting down Widnes' start by saying it was against all the bottom clubs, Hull included!

When I made my prediction I looked at where I had placed yourselves and Wakefield and thought, "is that fair given their form since the new coaches came in?"

But the fact is, there is no easy game these days, and just because I've said Rovers will finish 10th that doesn't mean I think they're a bad team. I mean realistically, over the course of a season are you a better team than Widnes, Cas, Leeds or Salford? Because if we assume you will finish ahead of Wakefield and Hudds, and that Wire, Wigan, Hull, Catalans and Saints are out of reach, that means you are going to have to finish ahead of at least two of them. And even if you think you are better than them, by the end of this weekend you will probably by 7 behind Widnes, 5 behind Salford and 4 behind Cas, and Cas have a game in hand.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but it's a big ask.

Thanks for a reasoned response. Rovers have 2/3rds of the season left so Widnes Salford and Cas are all possible targets, the bigger problem might be Wakefield!

Glad you thought carefully about Rovers but everybody so far have written us off....12th is impossible, people need to forget reputations...Leeds Huddersfield St Helens. I put my money on Leicester pre Xmas as the bookies refused to see the facts and now I will back Rovers to be in the top 8 and then anything is possible.

Thanks for a reasoned response. Rovers have 2/3rds of the season left so Widnes Salford and Cas are all possible targets, the bigger problem might be Wakefield!

Glad you thought carefully about Rovers but everybody so far have written us off....12th is impossible, people need to forget reputations...Leeds Huddersfield St Helens. I put my money on Leicester pre Xmas as the bookies refused to see the facts and now I will back Rovers to be in the top 8 and then anything is possible.

Wakefield looked like a handy team today. Salford threw everything at them in the second half but they showed great resolve. Isn't it funny how sometimes coaches and clubs just don't suit eachother. Webster was terrible at Wakey, Chester was terrible for you, then they swap and both sides improve tenfold. As I said 8th is achievable, both for you and for Wakefield, but there's a lot of decent teams in this league, and I don't think either will. Ask me again in a month.

Archived