9 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO 6.30pm

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Leeds Rhinos

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the 6.30pm kick off?

Since their good win at Cas, Salford have struggled somewhat with the 2 point win over Hudds their only success in four. Leeds have lost the last 3 since their 12 point win over Saints.

So two teams not in the greatest shape but I'll take the Reds in a tight one.

Solfud 24 L**ds 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Some intimidating history for this losing Leeds side to live up to in this fixture: we've won 29 of the last 30 games against Salford, and the last 20 straight at Salford. The last away defeat, at the Willows, was November '93 in the Regal Trophy when Doug Laughton was coach (although he missed the game with the flu) and Robin Whitfield was referee.

Reality check! Leeds to rediscover their form of last season. The slaughter of the 'innocents' (guilty?) to follow.

I shan't be hiding behind the sofa. Far too scary! I'll be out drowning my sorrows before the game even starts.*

*Actually, my wife and I are going out for a meal with friends.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Well, if the results at Leeds last Friday and at Hull KR last night are anything to go by, Salford by a big, big score.

But that's not how it works is it?

Enjoy your meal Tony.

Might have a flutter on this one.  Leeds to beat the -2 handicap quite easily.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

What's with the 6.30pm kick off?

Since their good win at Cas, Salford have struggled somewhat with the 2 point win over Hudds their only success in four. Leeds have lost the last 3 since their 12 point win over Saints.

So two teams not in the greatest shape but I'll take the Reds in a tight one.

Solfud 24 L**ds 20.

had to be moved as Sale played tonight.

Late change to the Salford 19 man squad. Tommy Lee, who was set to make an unexpected early return from injury, couldn't complete training yesterday and has had to drop out. His replacement is another injury returnee: Rob Lui. A bit of an odd one this. If Rob is fit, then surely he would have been in the original 19, His late inclusion suggests he might just be making up the numbers, although I suppose it's possible Salford were keeping him back for next week's much trickier tie at Hunslet.

I suppose it's possible Salford were keeping him back for next week's much trickier tie at Hunslet.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Love it, hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the bum.

Anybody found commentary anywhere please?

I'm listening to Radio Manchester. No score yet.

On line it's some bloody 80's experience.  :(

Radio Leeds on line is bloody Northern Soul.

Not happy.

Archived