Hull KR v Oldham

Roughyedz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full credit to the Oldham team for a great result against the odds.

However, it should be borne in mind that part of the reason why today a SL club came unstuck against a part-time team from the bottom half of the 2nd tier is that Rovers (or 'Robins') will have taken to the field with a certain degree of that fatal attitude 'complacency'. Once you adopt that frame of mind you've made a big mistake as is reflected by today's scoreline. Am I right? or am I right?

Once again, well done Roughyeds!

Complacency?? The rover staff watched oldham 3 times before the cup tie according to webster...and still lost

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Draw is on Thursday , or so John Kear said after Batley beat Fev ............might even be on TV now the SUPER DOOPERS are in the hat , but i wont hold my breath on that one. . . .

Well i had to edit this one as i spoke too soon ........no such luck ...its NOT on TV ..........its on the Most Popular Radio 4 ( yes 4 ) programme between 8.30am and ...........errrr well who knows. The draw will be done by John Humphrys and Martin Offiah. . . so its whenever Martin gets to the sudio then. . .  apart from doing it on Radio 4 could they have insulted RL any more at the BBC ???

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/33956/bbc-radio-s-today-programme-to-host-sixth-round-draw

John Humphrys,

John Humphrys,

John Humphrys,

In the " good old days " the Challenge Cup draw draw would be live on BBC Look North.

There would be two blokes from RL head office, the trophy itself and Eddie Waring doing the intro and commenting on any particularly interesting matches.

All coming back like a bad dream now.

Long time RL secretary Bill Fallowfield would be there as well.

Official A would draw the home team numbered ball and Official B the away team numbered ball, the team names being announced by Bill - all before your very eyes.

Archived