YORK IN CHALLENGE CUP

graham fisher

We'll have to be on our game against a York that are unbeaten, no doubt they'll be full of confidence, a few ex rams players as well in their side.

I'm going for a victory,but it will be close. No Adamson brothers, Ryan Hepworth or Paul Sykes.Brown back in squad along with johnny Walker & Sam Bates.

I'd go with this team.

Josh Guzdek

Dale Morton

Karl Pryce

Shane Grady

Dalton Grant

James Glover

Andy Kain

Johnny Walker

Dom speakman

Paul Jackson

Sam Bates

Scott Hale

Joel Farrell

Subs

Aaron Brown

Nathan Conroy

Tony Tonks

Jack Teanby

FTS-Dalton Grant

MOM-Joel Farrell

ATT-560

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should be good enough Graham. Fire 'em up and send them out.

I hope you're wrong with the attendance, although I shall be absent ( note sent!).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Quite afew absent from talking to people. Loads of fans saying at weekend they won't be attending Friday for work, other engagements, don't like Friday's, only a 3rd devison team , club charging full whack , team playing rubbish on Sunday or whatever other reason, Reckon 500 at most Friday, if that. Don't think most fans mind playing afew Friday nights against SL sides but not against lower div clubs. Most CC crowds are poor anyway, even for the big SL clubs until we get to the latter rounds

We'll have to be on our game against a York that are unbeaten, no doubt they'll be full of confidence, a few ex rams players as well in their side.

I'm going for a victory,but it will be close. No Adamson brothers, Ryan Hepworth or Paul Sykes.Brown back in squad along with johnny Walker & Sam Bates.

I'd go with this team.

Josh Guzdek

Dale Morton

Karl Pryce

Shane Grady

Dalton Grant

James Glover

Andy Kain

Johnny Walker

Dom speakman

Paul Jackson

Sam Bates

Scott Hale

Joel Farrell

Subs

Aaron Brown

Nathan Conroy

Tony Tonks

Jack Teanby

FTS-Dalton Grant

MOM-Joel Farrell

ATT-560

Who will be the goal-kicker?

Really awkward games these. York are on a roll with seven wins on the bounce and to be fair although they are a division below there is probably very little between them and the Rams in reality.

When the Rams beat Bradford they were hero's but if they loose to York it would be quite the opposite.

The best way to attack a game like this in my estimate is to forget who they are or where they are from, and to take the field with the same grit and determination that we are capable of doing on any normal game day and do not stop hammering the nails in the coffin until the final whistle blows.

Those who don't go just because it is York could well be missing a good game !

Good Luck RAMS give em some!

Let's hope we don't concede the customary "right on half-time" try yet again. Hopefully Prycey can shore up the problematic right side defence. With the top four slipping out of our grasp, the Cup is a great chance of something to remember this season by. Will go 24-18 to the Rams, att 765, MOM Guzdek.

Really awkward games these. York are on a roll with seven wins on the bounce and to be fair although they are a division below there is probably very little between them and the Rams in reality.

When the Rams beat Bradford they were hero's but if they loose to York it would be quite the opposite.

The best way to attack a game like this in my estimate is to forget who they are or where they are from, and to take the field with the same grit and determination that we are capable of doing on any normal game day and do not stop hammering the nails in the coffin until the final whistle blows.

Those who don't go just because it is York could well be missing a good game !

Good Luck RAMS give em some!

confidence will be high but the Rams have a lot more quality available to us, even with the injuries

Those thinking a crowd of 700 for this match will be very lucky. Unless York bring a couple hundred over with them crowd will be lucky to be 500

Well if the attendance  estimates are accurate, then it clearly is the right decision to only open the North stand.. both from economic and atmosphere perspectives.  Looking forward to a good game ..  I need it after the second half capitulation on Sunday!  So heres hoping for a good result and a plum tie in the next round...  although the way York have started it is not going to be easy!

Well if the attendance estimates are accurate, then it clearly is the right decision to only open the North stand.. both from economic and atmosphere perspectives. Looking forward to a good game .. I need it after the second half capitulation on Sunday! So heres hoping for a good result and a plum tie in the next round... although the way York have started it is not going to be easy!

just going on the amount of people saying they can't or won't be attending this match. A plum tie in next round will be nice should we get through but I'd rather take the winner of Batley v Fev at home for a shot at a QF game and a TV game as all 4 QF will be shown live on tv. I'd look to play our next round game on a Saturday evening(6pm) if we get a plum SL tie at home! That would be worth a go

just going on the amount of people saying they can't or won't be attending this match. A plum tie in next round will be nice should we get through but I'd rather take the winner of Batley v Fev at home for a shot at a QF game and a TV game as all 4 QF will be shown live on tv. I'd look to play our next round game on a Saturday evening(6pm) if we get a plum SL tie at home! That would be worth a go

Where do you want to play the semi-final Chris?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well I will be going, good chance for the team to regain their confidence against a part time team

And Dewsbury are a full time team?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

And Dewsbury are a full time team?

I think WR's point is since Mid March we have played 3 full time outfits (one of them twice) and the best part time side in the league... (can't imagine who that lot is  :tongue: ). I will do us good to see us compete with a team at the same level, (I hope). 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Wouldn't say York are at the same level??? 7 wins on bounce in a Micky mouse league? Come on now? We'd have that form playing likes of London skolars, Hemel, Gloucester and South Wales. Confidence will be high , that's only advantage they have. If you play to our potential we will be too strong for them. Rams by 18. At. 550

Playing the lesser teams in Championship 1 and winning by big margins doesn't mean beating York will be easy simply because of that; their confidence will be high and it would seem their team is a cohesive outfit, so we have to be wary. As long as we don't have a second half capitulation I think we can just about do it.

Dewsbury 22-16 York

FTS: Grant

MoM: Kain (!)

At: 622

I hope the forecast poor weather for this afternoon and evening doesn't spoil the show.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Wouldn't say York are at the same level??? 7 wins on bounce in a Micky mouse league? Come on now? We'd have that form playing likes of London skolars, Hemel, Gloucester and South Wales.0

Just imagine if they went unbeaten all season! Still its no achievement really in such a micky mouse league is it Chris :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just imagine if they went unbeaten all season! Still its no achievement really in such a micky mouse league is it Chris :lol:

c'mon PM when we achieved it,it was stronger than the championship lol. Chris don't disrespect championship 1 their are some good sides in there, York been one of them,they've spent some brass & a few ex rams in the side.

Archived