our leader

clifford

No doubt he will moan how the fans are not getting behind the team! Why we are getting poor crowds etc!

Now that will be one thing and then it's Oldham councils fault for not facilitating a proper stadium in the boundaries of Oldham

Haven't the council let Oldham rugby down? I seem to remember them promising a stadium after the sad departure from Watersheddings. But if it was me, i'd be saying what brilliant rugby we've been treated to over the last couple of weeks.  ;)

not sure about any Council Tax money but i dont think so, they did get a mill or so grant from somebody or other .... but I wouldnt think that the club paid much at all for it themselves, however what that has to do with Oldham RLFC i have no idea at all, or what its dioing on a RUGBY FORUM, its no use crying about anyone else being pro active, if you ( ORLFC ) are sat on ur ###### doing ###### all about anything at all ...

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

The subject of money was raised at 28:45.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0024gg2/episodes/downloads

30:25 - Oldham and four other clubs  get £150k

30:45 - Bradford get £850k

36:50 - Rochdale and Div one teams get £75k

44:15 - Halifax get £700k

I knew nothing of any of this and found it informative.

It's no wonder there are the have's and have not's in the Championship. I can understand a salary cap based on how much money is generated by a club with regards to paying customers and sponsorship deals but why is there such disparity in one league? Is it any wonder some teams can be full time and others have to scrape a living.

Puts a whole new light on how well the Oldham coaching staff have done. 

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Believe Leigh have spent 1.4m. That's almost 10 times more than us. It's difficult to compete with the disparity that's evident in spending power but if anyone can keep us up Naylor and co can. As I have previously posted, just imagine what he could do with a decent budget.

The subject of money was raised at 28:45.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0024gg2/episodes/downloads

30:25 - Oldham and four other clubs  get £150k

30:45 - Bradford get £850k

36:50 - Rochdale and Div one teams get £75k

44:15 - Halifax get £700k

I knew nothing of any of this and found it informative.

I think this is due to the middle 8's?  Where the higher you finish the more you get?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

You have no case really, I have been one of his detractors re no progress at Whitebank, BUT he has got a superb coaching team, a whole team of highly motivated 100per cent triers, a superb ground (Thanks Rob Gorski) and I actually think his dual reg method is superb...preferring young hungry players and he loves the graft hence the almost one man operation of ORLFC which he will stand and fall on...Today its looking good and if you dont believe me ask Mark Aston...Just keep winning and survive in the Championship is all I ask....

No doubt he will moan how the fans are not getting behind the team! Why we are getting poor crowds etc!

And so he should.... Plenty of clubs in lots of different sports don't like their chairmen/owners. Most United fans hate the Glazers, do they stop going? Newcastle fans hate Ashley and have a poor product to watch..... Why do our fans think they have the right to whinge from afar. The coaches/staff/players are willing to pi$$ blood for the club and the fans???? Can't be ar$£d

Archived