Featherstone preview

Keep The Faith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defence came back!! Fev were fortunate with the ball steal try..as far as I'm concerned Scott was held, he couldn't progress or pass the ball, and a 1 on 1 ball steal really should be one fluid movement not a 3/4 second. I felt we went a bit (lot) flat from about 25 minutes to half time on attack, too much reliance on poor kicks to the corner every 5th tackle. Just because we got lucky once doesn't guarantee regular success. Fev put everything in at the beginning of the 2nd half but surprisingly, to me anyway, they seemed a) slightly clueless and B) tired much quicker than I expected. We started to play with the ball more and we clicked with excellent footballing tries, which is what we want to see. Scott, Rettie and Ainscough were superb as a unit, Brown, Hirst, Lillycrop went well and young Harrison impressed. Dom got back to where he can be with his ballplay, and all told we fully deserved that win against a Fev team which carried no mugs.Good game all round from both sides, who put on a great display of Championship football.

Great display. Intense defence in the first half set up the dynamic attacking play in the second. The props looked powerful, and the half backs really provided that spark that we have been missing lately.

It feels great to be still in the draw on Wednesday, and even better to have put on a display in front of the cameras. 

Very enjoyable game,impressive performance by Batley, as I've said on other threads you're the best side we've played this season. But Dom Brambiani MOM,really!! My top 3

James Brown

Keegan Hirst

Alex Bretherton

Interesting how we see matches. l though Hirst and Brown were good, but Bretherton not so great today. Ainscough was pretty good today for me, as was Blake and Southernwood. 

Brambani does an awful lot of work for us though off the ball, constantly talking and organising, so have no complaints.

Edit: Forgot to mention the ever improving Leak.

Interesting how we see matches. l though Hirst and Brown were good, but Bretherton not so great today. Ainscough was pretty good today for me, as was Blake and Southernwood. 

Brambani does an awful lot of work for us though off the ball, constantly talking and organising, so have no complaints.

Edit: Forgot to mention the ever improving Leak.

Maybe just me DD,I'm a big fan of Dom's yes he scored a good individual try but I thought his kicking game was poor for his standards, where as Keegan & Browny took you forward & got some good offloads,I agree with Alistair Leak though.

Waving my Leaky flag again. So under rated yet causes havoc for opponents, which was clear to see when the tries were flooding in during our purple patch. Brambani was a bizarre choice but on sky you get mom for scoring a hattrick or being a half back for the winning team.

Ainscough

Scott

Southernwood for me

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Im glad the fev contingents tried to wind him up it seemed to spur him on.

as for the bombs our back line dealt with massive plaudits for catching them all in the evening sun.

Is scott our best full back ever. Certainly ticks all the boxes

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Is he another who is blessed with power to run over defenders rather than step past them.

Hugging the touchline for pace is a rarity at this level now. Scott is dependable and rarely gets pushed back or dumped in returns

Tbh the MOM award could have gone to anybody from 1 to 17,good team performance well played, won't be anybody that'll want to get you up at the mount in ext round &that's including super league side's.

did you watch the match on the box Graham...or was the Mount graced by your presence.?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I thought there would be a bit more comment about Telepapa's (spelling?) Dreadful shoulder charge on Scott? What was the Sky commentators verdict on this? I was shocked at the game seeing it live and on the replay and then amazed the video ref gave a try!!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived