Hunslet 14, Salford 50

Hawkwindbag

Fair play to all concerned yesterday, and well done to the Hunslet lads for going out and having a dig. Of course there was never the slightest chance of an upset, but once we got to the pace of the game we found ways to test them in two or three areas. Thomas and Ansell in particular I thought performed really well against the Salford pairing of Lui and Dobson, and tryscorers Lee, Flanagan and Duckworth all had big games.

Good atmosphere in the ground too, with both sets of fans seeming to get on well, some Salford fans even joining in the booing after the hopelessly inept officials ludicrously disallowed Mvududu's 'solo try of the century' near the end!

Now can we have the form we have shown in the Cup this year replicated in the league please  ...    

There will be many happy faces following sundays result , having conections ,I can assure you some HEFTY wagers were landed ..... The pitch myst have been playable for both teams . A refrence to an earlier post by someone called king of leon . When teams swap ends at half time , how anyone can complain about the pitch Amazes me .....

Archived