cup draw

tandle

There are 64 million people in the UK, give or take.  If every one of them was an RL fan and 99.99999% of them didn't listen, that leaves a total listening audience of 6.  I was one of those, my son was another, I'm not too sure about the other 4 guys.

Meanwhile in the real world, the draw was made live on the radio, so I turned the radio on.  I then realised that it'd be made on my school run so I loaded the BBC iPlayer app on my phone, selected Radio 4 and bunged my earphones in.  

When the draw was made my phone went crazy with social media alerts from Twitter and Facebook and when I got back home the interwebs were full of media outlets falling over themselves to get the news out there.

The draw at the White Lion pub in Swinton was made in that location because it was Swinton's 150th anniversary and they were formed in that particular hostelry.  It's where the Lion comes from in Swinton Lions.

When you say BBC Teletext I assume, since that archaic service has long since been discontinued, that you mean the red button service.  The BBC are planning on cutting that facility due to enforced budget cuts so it might be a good time to explore the myriad of other ways in which you can listen to, watch or be informed of live events. 

There are 54 million in England of which only 10 million are interested in RL ( the irish Scots and Welsh dont give a dam ) if you want Rugby League to continue as a low minority sport FOR EVER then thats OK .....keep it on Radio 4, ( thats why next to nobody didnt listen as next to nobody listens to Radio 4, 99.99999% of us ) let Football Cricket Rah Rah have the mainstream radio 5 live and TV. theres hardly any newspaper coverage of RL as it is .......If you are Happy with this .....you ARE in the right sport ......thats whats been up with the RL for 100years, if you have been happy being treated like this you are following the right sport  ........ its because of posts like yours Dave that RL is lumbered with next to no coverage at all. Please rememeber all the RL fans out there do NOT have all your gagetry at their disposal. If you are one of these people that want every dot and t crossed from my posts ..........forget it .... you know full well what i meat regards the "TEXT" service, Teletext as you say dissappered 4 or 5 years ago now. its on BBC channels for everyone to see ................ look under TEXT on your remote control if you have never seen it. In the Real World most of us dont listen to Radio 4, dont follow twitter, dont log on Facebook and dont have all your computing skills, and only get the News off the TEXT service on the BBC or The Chron or its web site. If the RL only want spectators with those skills then fair enough. The draw at the Swinton Pub was fine for historical reasons, but why have a camera there and then NOT televise the Draw ?????  You are just making excuses foir BBC incompetence, I wonder how the fans of the 8 clubs left out of the DRAW announcment felt about being neglected in the BBC's anaouncment of the draw on TEXT Service  Theres no such thing as bad publicity as they say, trouble is RUGBY LEAGUE doest Get ANY AT ALL , at least the few crumbs they do get should be accurate at the least ..... but hey nobody is bothered so why i give a dam i dont know

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

There are 54 million in England of which only 10 million are interested in RL ( the irish Scots and Welsh dont give a dam ) if you want Rugby League to continue as a low minority sport FOR EVER then thats OK .....keep it on Radio 4, ( thats why next to nobody didnt listen as next to nobody listens to Radio 4, 99.99999% of us ) let Football Cricket Rah Rah have the mainstream radio 5 live and TV. theres hardly any newspaper coverage of RL as it is .......If you are Happy with this .....you ARE in the right sport ......thats whats been up with the RL for 100years, if you have been happy being treated like this you are following the right sport  ........ its because of posts like yours Dave that RL is lumbered with next to no coverage at all. Please rememeber all the RL fans out there do NOT have all your gagetry at their disposal. If you are one of these people that want every dot and t crossed from my posts ..........forget it .... you know full well what i meat regards the "TEXT" service, Teletext as you say dissappered 4 or 5 years ago now. its on BBC channels for everyone to see ................ look under TEXT on your remote control if you have never seen it. In the Real World most of us dont listen to Radio 4, dont follow twitter, dont log on Facebook and dont have all your computing skills, and only get the News off the TEXT service on the BBC or The Chron or its web site. If the RL only want spectators with those skills then fair enough. The draw at the Swinton Pub was fine for historical reasons, but why have a camera there and then NOT televise the Draw ?????  You are just making excuses foir BBC incompetence, I wonder how the fans of the 8 clubs left out of the DRAW announcment felt about being neglected in the BBC's anaouncment of the draw on TEXT Service  Theres no such thing as bad publicity as they say, trouble is RUGBY LEAGUE doest Get ANY AT ALL , at least the few crumbs they do get should be accurate at the least ..... but hey nobody is bothered so why i give a dam i dont know

Think you need to learn to let go and move on.

Now then, what's your view on the TV licence fee?

Heh heh.

Think you need to learn to let go and move on.

Now then, what's your view on the TV licence fee?

Heh heh.

Everyone should PAY ( I do hope Dave pays for using his viewing capabilities ?? :onthequiet: ) except the lad on here that admitted he never pays his bus fare ........he deserbes it for FREE just for the cheek of it,  letting all us mugs pay ....LOL

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Everyone should PAY ( I do hope Dave pays for using his viewing capabilities ?? :onthequiet: ) except the lad on here that admitted he never pays his bus fare ........he deserbes it for FREE just for the cheek of it, letting all us mugs pay ....LOL

By law,at the moment, you only need a licence if you watch any programme as it's broadcast. If you watch on catch up you don't.

Our TV broke a few years back and we couldn't justify replacing it because we never used it really.  Any television we watch is either on-line via iPlayer, Google Movies, NowTV or Netflix and we just ChromeCast that to a large monitor we have.  The 5:1 sound system in the living room looks after the audio.

We continue to pay the TV licence because we do watch live programmes.  I watch Question Time just to shout at the evil Tory or bonkers Ukiper.  

Archived