Batley Away

RIGGY

Just read your posting and answered you on our site(Batley), your fans aren't talking about it much either, it will be nice to see you all again, you will bring more species than the Catalans will for our next cup match.

Cheers Roger.

Another great result for the Lions - two weeks ago  Richard Marshal gave Swinton  no credit at all it was all about how badly Halifax had played, today John Kear said the best team won and gave Swinton the credit they deserve. Today's result has made my day...........

Well done again swinton,the batley fans had written you off before kick off,but you came up with the goods,another great result

No.not all batley fans had written off swinton.

I knew how hard this was going to be, maybe more than the players should have, and wasn't suprised at the score.

Well played swinton.fully deserved victory.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Well done Lions that opening 15 mins shell shocked us!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Nice to see some complimentary comments from the majority of Batley fans. The lack of respect shown to the Lions recently has been disgraceful.

Onto the game, I think that was probably our best performance of the season. The defence was quality and turned up when we needed most. Our attacking play was wonderful (as always) and the Marshall try in the 2nd half was try of the match. Batley looked dangerous in spells but we were onto Brambani throughout the game. Their best players were James Brown and their no.18, apologies they'd sold out of progs by the time I got there.

4/4 and onto Haven next week.

Well said Bryce  the No18 was Tom Lillycrop.

I agree on the try it was a free play and the bit of magic and bright thinking from Atkin with the kick started it and then Marshall controlled the bouncing ball with his foot to collect it and score. Nine tries in five games for him now.

Chris Atkin today, one of the best individual performances I can remember. He looked like creating something on every play. He also seems to be growing as a leader, directing the team around the field and taking charge of situations. Future captain?

That said the whole team was magnificent. Batley thought they could just steamroll us up the middle. They may have had bigger bodies but no team in the league has bigger hearts than our lads, epitomised by Robinson dumping their centre into touch near the end.

I just hope teams keep underestimating us.

Well said Bryce the No18 was Tom Lillycrop.

I agree on the try it was a free play and the bit of magic and bright thinking from Atkin with the kick started it and then Marshall controlled the bouncing ball with his foot to collect it and score. Nine tries in five games for him now.

Thanks Riggy. I thought he was solid, made a lot of yards and caused us the most trouble along with Brown.

Our first win at the Mount since 2000 and 4 in a row at this level for what must be a similar period of time. Maybe late 90's?

Yet again, I can't wait to see the game on Lions TV!

Tend to neglect this forum too much with the our growing Facebook page - but today was, in my opinion, our best performance of the season - quality flowing rugby, top tries and everyone of the lads playing well but have to say Chris Atkin is showing real class at the moment - lets just keep it going - great time to be a Lions fan, but then it always is.

You only have to look at the players when they play the ball, they're all raring to go, their confidence and team spirit brim full. Great credit to all concerned, when players, coaches or trainers etc.

Archived