Match thread Oldham v Featherstone 1st May 2016

Will there be any live match commentry of todays match for those who can't make the trip over

Jamie has posted on facebook that there will be a live audio commentary providing they have access to Wi-Fi and power.

You'll be able to access it via YouTube a little nearer k.o. time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm. I might be a little bit pessimistic but, looking at the table, we could be in a relegation struggle unless we start picking up points, especially against unfancied sides.

We lost it in first half, didn't capitalise on the amount of ball we had, it was woeful

Im Fev and im proud

We are lost without Ellis ,same players same mistakes too often ,saw team and knew wed struggle to be honest ,moving a young lad who struggled last week on the wing to centre was beyond me !

If Ellis is being rested and we win this one then Sharp really is a master tactician because I think we'll stuggle tomorrow without him.

You was right we need Ellis on that field missed at Batley as well. Just think the small squad is catching up on us relied on Leeds and its backfired with them and us having loads of injuries Not down hearted though didn't think we finish in top 4 and although today wasn't good there team have tried this year and that's all I can ask for when I watch them Roll on next week

You was right we need Ellis on that field missed at Batley as well. Just think the small squad is catching up on us relied on Leeds and its backfired with them and us having loads of injuries Not down hearted though didn't think we finish in top 4 and although today wasn't good there team have tried this year and that's all I can ask for when I watch them Roll on next week

Thanks for highlighting my prediction JT ! I do think Ellis is such a key player for us but thats not just because he's a top player - its as much to do with the knock on effect in his absence - with other players having to play out of position (given we have no other hooker fit at the moment). Plus there's the cummulative effect of having 3 other play-makers injured and Thackeray still not quite up to speed following his horrific injury. So although it was the low point of the season today I don't think we should be too down. Seems strange but we'll probably still go 4th with our game in hand. Results suggest we're in the middle of a bad spell yet despite those results I'm more certain now that we can and should be in the top 4 come the end of the season. With just a few of our injured players returning and a bit of deserved luck there's nothing to fear this year. Keep the faith.

Felt sorry for your great support and supporters this aft.

Was a hell of a game for a neutral and my pal, who's never been an RL game before, has probably been hooked for life.

Oldham are a side and deserved it - just.

Perhaps Kruise Leeming was the difference?

Good luck for the rest of the season

All the teams in the championship are much of a muchness and that includes the top two. Fevs attack is hampered by the loss of pivots to injury. Most teams are suffering with such injuries at this time and the fact that Fev are still just one win away from fourth spot is unthinkable which shows the closeness of the league.Oldham are no mugs and are very impressive. They have beaten Batley Sheffield and Hull KR recently and must be looking upwards and not down after today's result.

That result has sealed it for me. If we can't beat Oldham then that's it. Top four no chance, champ shield? Very likely

My mantra is "never ever underestimate your opponents"

Im Fev and im proud

At the end of the day there is a winner and a loser.On this occasion you lost,but you won the first encounter. It's done and dusted now,just accept it and move on.We have had some creditable victories this season so we were always going to give your lot a game.

I meant no disrespect to Oldham and to my defence I was a little worse for wear when I posted that comment. Fair play though the best team won on the day and that's it. I stand by my comment though about the top four. We need to be beating teams like Oldham and pinching the odd few points of the likes of Bradford and London etc to have had a realistic chance

The team lying in 4th place got beat by Swinton at home, go figure. 3rd and 4th place are still wide open.

And they only scraped home yesterday against the bottom club to move into the Top 4. It's a crazy, mixed up season- If Fev had won the narrow one or two point defeats to Oldham and Fax they would be third with a game in hand, yet if they'd lost the equally tight games against Batley and Dewsbury they would be with the pack of three on 8 points second from bottom.

The Top 4, apart from maybe Leigh, is anbody's guess- even Bradford are not certain while London keep on picking up the points without hitting the headlines. Some clubs will run into selection problems like Fev and some won't. Fev have had bad luck in that department and should get better, but there is no guarantee that luck will even itself out.

Worst performance of the season to be honest. Clueless in attack.

exactly the same quote when we (Batley) lost at Oldham. I don't know what Oldham do to make us "better" teams play so badly :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived